Hydro Advice Required - Equipment & Cash

• Thread starter Hapora
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hapora

I'm looking in purchasing a grow tent and hydroponics equipment to start my own grow, however I have been greatly confused by the number of preferred methods and equipment, that I am honestly not sure where to start. The particular tent I wish to buy is the HydroLab 165XL. But I need to know exactly what I need to put in it! Literally, everything, lighting, fans, filters, tanks, everything! I do not have a massive budget, I'd say approx £350 after the tent has been purchased. So, can anyone help me out?

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Too many different options and situations. You need to read some complete grow logs here and educate yourself on the different styles that fit your style and your environment. Look at the photos in the grow logs and take notes. For somebody to write out everything piece by piece item by item and you went out andd bought those items because somebody on here told you to do so would be really stupid. Because some items will not be important for your grow project.

Based on your budget you don't have much room at all. There are tents that cost as much as your budget.
Educate yourself on this site first and get more funds to buy the right equipment and do your grow right the first time is my advice.

bobby

bobby

Go to the websites of companies who sell complete grow tent setups. Then study the list of items they come with....there's your list.

Go through each one and learn why you need to use each item. Download their setup guides and act as if you are setting one up. This will teach you a lot.

jkar_928

jkar_928

To many options as was already said u could run a tray or buckets or aero so many choices pick one that will that is gonna work for u and run with it I started using DIY DWC buckets ran 5 of em under 1 600w hps then upgraded to an ebb and grow so many choices man!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Wow, like everyone else said there are too many options and your budget is not big at all, but I'll give it a shot.

First off you need a light, so do some research and get the light that best fits your budget, probably a 250w-400w, maybe 600w if you can get it really cheap on Ebay. I got my 600w for $150 on Ebay, but its cheap and "Made in China" so if you buy a cheap one make sure you get backup bulbs because they will go out on you sometimes.

The hydro setup, I don't know alot about hydro but based on your limited budget I wound do some type of DIY setup and build your own buckets or something.

Carbon filter and fan, now these can also be expensive and depending on the size of your tent you will need either a 4"-8" filter and fan combo, do research.

A/C cooling and ventilation, now this really depends on your setup, if you already have an A/C unit you can use duct work to bring in the cool air from the A/C, you can also get an air cooled hood for your light and run duct work thru your light and out the tent. Fans, your gonna need at least 1 oscillating fan, probably a 5"-10" fan would be good depending on the size of your ten, again do research to see what options best fit your setup.

Those are the main options and there is still more stuff but I'm not gonna get into all of it, just do research and find what you need. good luck.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

my buddy has a 6 plant set up with deep water culture which seems very easy and clean set up. You need: 6 five gallon buckets (dark colored to protect roots from light), an air pump like this one +, a manifold that has one inlet and at least 6 outlets (there is one shown in the pic with the pump) 6 net baskets which are the lids for the five gal. buckets. .. flexible tubing to go from pump to manifold to holes you drill in the top of the buckets then connects to the airstones. the nutrients, a PPM meter.. then as mentioned before, lights, ventilation, air conditioning, filters

P

paulycali

600 watt ballast "Lumatek, Quantum, Phantom, Galaxy"
600 watt HPS/MH Bulbs "Hortilux, Digilux, SunMaster"
6" or 8" Duct Reflector/Hood "Sun Systems, Hydrofarm"
6" or 8" exhaust carbon scrubber combo
Small Intake Fan or A/c unit "Hydrofarm, Can-Fan"
18" Oscillating fan "Infinite Breeze" or any other oscillating fan
2x4 Flood and Drain table or Pots filled with soil
1-48 Plants depending on style of grow
Nutrients
Ph/PPM Meter

*Just a quicky lol! off the top of my head*

Good luck and hope all goes well :)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I highly dought he could afford the 600w Lumatek, Quantum, ect. ballast. The hortilux or digilux bulbs and the sun systems or hydrofarm hoods because of his budget limitations. If he went that route the light kit itself would use the rest of his money. So he should go the cheap route with his light kit then after a few harvests he should upgrade to the high quality light kits.

jkar_928

jkar_928

I started with a T5 on 1 plant vegged for a couple months then flowered it out then I could afford a 600w on Ebay and I got a fan filter combo on ebay as well. You can continue to expand your garden with each successful harvest just start with what you can afford to make your first harvest a good one then u can worry about buying more or even better equipment later down the road.

Top Bottom