Hydro chem fert growin' dude needs help.

• Thread starter Cat Jockey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Yup, I am one of dem chem fert hydro guys. Sig says it all. ;) I am staring at a batch of dirt (soiless) that has been mixed up wit those things I speak of in my sig that I am not an expert on. Dead things, body parts, shit, oragano things.

The low down:

Sunshine #4 with Hydroton added (very aerated)

3 cups blood meal
3 cups bone meal
1 cup hydrated lime
3 cups 'o da bat guano
3 cups o' birdy poo-poo

And a parteridge in a pear tree.

I gots me a medium with nutes preloaded into it and I am sure some time release. What I could really use in the realm of help of my growin' bruthas and sistas of the organic stripe is an idea of what I am sitting on for nute levels, and any that may be at high levels or time release so I don't hurt da ladies. I am pretty comfy with chem ferts and can adjust dosages accordingly, I just don't know what the hell is already loaded into the dirt at what levels so I can adjust how much of what to change on my fertigation regiment.

Thanks in advance, your chem fert bruther.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here is my recipe.....a modification a little on Subby's mix

(1) bale of Sunshine #4 or preferabley HP-Promix
(1) bag of earthworm casting
(5#) Blood meal
(5#) Bone meal
(1) Cup of epson salt
(1) Cup of Azomite or other rock phosphate
(1) Cup of dolamite lime or sweet lime
(5#) Bat guano (phosphorous dom)

Water till damp and turn for a few weeks and then your good to go..

Tex

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Have you guys ever tried kelp meal or a silica humate like GH rare earth? What about beneficials?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Hp Promix has mycrorizzae(sp0 in it but if i use Sunshine #4 i like to toss in a bag of light warrior, happy frog, or tarrantuala/pirranha to kick up the benificials in the mix

Tex

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

light warrior has beneficials in it? I thought it was just a peritile and vermiculite mix. The taratula left a nice layer of mycelium on top of my dirt the last time I left it in a rubbermaid.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

How hot is that mix Tex? Do you cut back pretty hard on nutes compared to if you were just running some sunshine?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Light Warrior has all kinds of stuff in it other than perilite, humic, fulvic, michorrizae, etc...

Tarrantual, blood meal and bone meal have to me mixed in thoughrouly or you will get top growth on your soil mix but just keep tunnin it under.

Feed only water, no nutes at all until the end and even then just some light bloom booster work best nothing else. All the nutes are in the soil, 100% organic

Tex

D

dican01

i do not like to use blood or bone meal. that stuff isn't that good, made from left over cow parts, and pretty cheaply made at that (they put blood and bone meals in bad pet foods). i like to use either cottonseed meal/alfalfa meal, depending on where you live.
my favorite nutrients to put in soil are ...
cottonseed meal/fish meal/worm castings
rock phosphate/bat guano
greensand/kelp meal
dolomite lime
epson salt
compost(well decomposed)

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Hey tex, how big of a bag of worm castings do you use? I dont use organics often so im not too familiar with worm castings. Thanks!

Top Bottom