Hydro huts?

• Thread starter kinger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

ograskal

Anybody use them? I can get one from a friend.

Hey whats Up Kinger....I was gonna get one for my Little brother but I'm glad i didnt....Those things are Toxic to your Plants...They got recalled I beleive...My local Hydro Store where I was going to purchase the Hydro Hut doesnt even carry them anymore....Stay Away From Hydro Huts Bro....~ogr

O

ograskal

They did have their problems, MAJOR problems, and I would not suggest buying that brand. I got mine before the problems ever started and I love it. I just picked up a new hut called the Habitat from Hydro Farms and it's almost identical to the Hydro Hut but improved. Check it out, it's also work'n fine. Peace...........RD

Hey wassup Rottendawg...How long have you had that Habitat?...I believe my Local Hydro Shop also stopped selling those as well...I think they both had the same toxic parts that were made by China but i could be wrong.....I was also thinkin about gettin one of those Habitats as well...Hope it turns out good for you bro....~ogr

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Well............I use the Homebox brand without any problems................The Homebox XL and the Clonebox is a nice setup for me ;)

bf

K

koopa troopa

DO NOT BUY HYDROHUTS! i bought a 4 x 4 and the thing killed all of my plants very slowly. lost a lot of good genetics due to that fucker. supposedly hydrofarm tested 1000 of their tents and proved to be toxic-free. i sent in my canvas for the recall and got a "fixed" one back in about a month. then i just got tired of toxic tents and got a store credit for it. thank you jesus! hahaha!!!

D

doubleds

Well............I use the Homebox brand without any problems................The Homebox XL and the Clonebox is a nice setup for me ;)

bf

stay with the home box bro, i think they are the most durable made also. I just ordered 1 for a small breeding project.

M

mes

I had the same problem koopa troopa experienced.
Just bought a XXL tent 2 weeks ago in a pretty big growshop here in Amsterdam, and just after 5 days inside the tent all of my clones pretty much bleached and practically died. Same clones put in another tent I have (Homebox) were absolutely fine.
The problem seems to have something to do with the PVC "gassing off" when the lamps are on, pretty much suffocating and poisoning your plants.

Moral of my story: tent brought back to the shop, around 60 good clones to trash.
Hey koopa, did you manage to save any plants? Did they recover a little when taken out of that crappy setup?

My tent wasn't an hydro hut anyway, it was a chinese piece of shit. Canvas tent was called, fuck it.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
we are giving away tents on the farm very soon...shit did i just let that slip :D

D

dna genetics

Hydro Hut is a great product - unfortunately they had serious problems using plastic for their tents

The company did, and are doing all they can to help their customers .. and remain alive .. and so far, my experience with Evan, is that he has been very much a gentleman, in a very shit situation .. and seems to want to, and take the expense of making his customers whole again

Hydro Hut is making a new product ... Out with plastic ... and in with a new product that is " not plastic "

I am told - that the new product is being made now ... and will be available sometime in the fall

I hope to replace my brand new tents

I will hang in there ... and remain a loyal Hydro Hut customer

Shit happens

Onward and forward

Sundance

sundance respect for say this
evan(hydro hut) is a good friend of ours know him since the beginning
he is also doing the right thing by takeing back or replacing ALL the hydro huts out there

it is fucked that people lost plants and money and he cant replace that part but he is doing all he can and i think if this was any other company the would have filed and been gone with your doe.

my 2 cents,
A

K

koopa troopa

i'm not sure a REAL gentleman would replace a shitty canvas with another shitty one. hell i sat around and waited for longer than they said it would take to just receive another one with the SAME EXACT problem. i bet those warehouse goonies just put someone else's toxic canvas in a different box to ship back.

remember this very well people. when a company decides to cut corners, shit will hit the fan. now this "evan" has a lot of shit to mop up because of it.

mes, no i did not save any plants because they were so shitty, it just wasn't even worth it. let me also stress that i was sure i found a blockhead in a SOL adventurously mixed pack too. that you can't replace.

imo, secret jardin will be the next big company. nothing out there has that type of lining in it. one of kind product!

kinger

kinger

How would you go about of getting a replacement for the toxic tents?
kinger

O

ograskal

Yeah I did here that the Hydro Hut guys were doing their best to fix the problems and send replacemets and everything....Props to them for that!!!...Lookin forward to seeing what their new tents look like.....~ogr

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
[email protected] is there email address i managed to find from a cache of there webpage before they took it down, cuz if you visit there site now it just says coming soon

K

koopa troopa

kinger - don't even bother trying to get a replacement. you mind as well try to get your money back or a trade-in of some sorts. did you buy at a store or online? hydrofarm should be able to comp you somehow, but don't waste your efforts for a replacement. if you still want a HH, wait until the new ones have been out for a while before getting one.

K

koopa troopa

that tent actually looks pretty good. any pics of the inside? do you still have to use flanges?

if this will blow dark room out of the water, i might be interested. hopefully this product will dig em out that grand canyon and rewrite history. i hope the price is nice too.

P

ProGroWannabe

There are several that are far better than the "death huts". Zoo told me about one when I was in the market for a tent/hut. I can't remember the name, but it was built like a tank. Maybe Zoo will pop in here and let you all know the name brand?

I must say though that the Silver addition looks pretty slick there, ALT. Let us know how it works out if you decide to get one.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
With the way Hydrohut was treating everyone that had A problem they should have thought about that before they come and try to take our money again since they know we are 99% of their market and they shit all over us . The Homebox and the Secret Jardin seem much better and I have both so I'm not just sayin it to say it . What happens if they have the same problem , Are we left on our own again ? Maybe if they want our business they should send some out for testers so we can let our community make sure they have fixed the problem before they crap on us again .:mad:

Top Bottom