hydro leaves twisting, ph too high or low?

• Thread starter udub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

udub

Running an aeroponic spray on white widow. Ph stays solid everyday at 5.8. When the new growth has the "twist" i know ph is off but do you guys go up to 6.0 or down to 5.5.
thank in advance

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I cut back on nutes a bit actually. Sounds like overfeed if your PH is stable.

mace

mace

udub, in veg i would range from 5.6(5.5 im sure is fine) to 6.1, then reset to 5.6 and start over. Nute uptake is over a range for different micro nuts.

Hererisssh is probably right, if your PH steady the twisting is likely being caused by a lockout.

U

udub

Im running floranova bloom, the ppms go down and i top up daily to 1300ish, aka lucas formula. Ever since i switched to floranova the ph is just dialed in. Im not seeing any burn looks damn healthy except for the twist.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Every plant hows overfert differently. I think 1300 maybe a bit high for your plant. Modify that Lucas Formula further :)

J

Jalisco Kid

When my plants are being pushed the top shoots will have a twisted look. The next day they look normal and are replaced by new growth that is twisted. I feel if they keep that explosive growth its all good. Suerte JK

B

bogglegum

in aeroponics your ppms dont have to be that high try maxin out at like 900

The Joker

The Joker

It is also strain dependent. I don't do aeroponic, but I have seen plant burn at 1200 and other plants do just fine.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

i was crusin through old u.w. post . i find alot of varying deals on it. Havnt ran my aeroponic set up yet though ..I ran the strongest oldset one you can find . The short wide super tight noded fast finisher 45-55 3.5-4 zips . finishes skunky . If you pull earlier than lets say 45-6- days youll get a juicyfruit taste deal with pine .During early bud it has a spearmint smell that quickly fades before finishing . u.w. you could run at 2200 ppm with no burn what so ever in hydro for decades without problems.. at that level it shoots by skunk and powers down on pure pinsole - taste like amonia ..If ingesting 1700 minimum or necrotic spots will break out and will look sick as hell !not in a good way ! Thats how you know u.w. lol. Its built like a heavy feeder too . Not these flimsy ass waffy leaf stuff . Its the heaviest feeder ive ran to date .My avatar is u.w. in hydro cola grow . 747 2200 ppm cmh @ 32 days in 03. if you veg forever you can get 11 zips too at ruffly 5 foot finishing outside mid october. cures beautifully for some christmas weed . hehe .ive done ten myself. and 30 grams of hash off same plant inside with a blue tub grow.And about the twisting . im experiencing it for the first time right now. i fixed it though .
well , now im not so board . lol. bordem induced post

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
drop your ppm. Lucas formula is not needed in veg. You can probably cut that in half and your plants would be fine.

hiboy

hiboy

like most said cut your nutes
i would also do some sort of flush with plain water
h

Top Bottom