Hydro leaves wilted bad overnight

• Thread starter Ianvessey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ianvessey

Ianvessey

Hey everyone! First time doing Hudro and have some monsters, but my top leaves have all wilted after a top off of the reservoir. I’ve done the same thing like 15 times, and always happy! Now not so much. I’m week 4 of flower and curious if anyone has experienced this or has an ideas.

Hydro leaves wilted bad overnight
Hydro leaves wilted bad overnight 2
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Hello and welcome! It looks like your plants are growing right up into your light, which can certainly make them crispy. Any room to raise that light up a bit?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

List everything you have put into your res since your last res change. What re your ppms this week compared to 2 weeks ago. Sterile or live? How big is that room, what kind of light? What is your room temp and water temp? How big is your res? Is this recircullation? What are your ppms and ph? Can we see a picture of the roots. How much water does your system hold. What is your lux(google play app) at the top of the top node, and middle of the plant.

Lots of info needed to get you lined out quick.

Ianvessey

Ianvessey

List everything you have put into your res since your last res change. What re your ppms this week compared to 2 weeks ago. Sterile or live? How big is that room, what kind of light? What is your room temp and water temp? How big is your res? Is this recircullation? What are your ppms and ph? Can we see a picture of the roots. How much water does your system hold. What is your lux(google play app) at the top of the top node, and middle of the plant.

Lots of info needed to get you lined out quick.
Been using GH flora series low-mid feed chart. Did add 5ml/5gallon of HydroGuard, only thing that changed.
4x4 tent, 400W HPS + 260W LED, room 80*, water 75*, 4 -5 gallon buckets with 5gal res, not sure bout lux, but EVERYTHING was fine till today. Used same mix many times with happy plants. Just flushed with 5.8 water and will refrain from nutes for a day or so. Very weird.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

If its a N toxicity then your ppms will slowly be increasing, your have yet to list your ppm numbers. As long as your ppms slowly drop, you wont have a toxicity if your following the flora chart at half strength.

What does those roots look like? If they are fine, and your ppm is dropping, its the light being too close as the others mentioned. If you cannot raise it, defoliate alot of the upper fan leafs to allow light down below.

I would try to pull them down too, and posibly remove some of the lower sites.

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

No he hasn’t. Buddy of mine here in town. Plants looks sprayed and burnt to me too. But they were fine this morning at lights on. If it was soil I’d help fix it lol. Where’s aqua man?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

The lower leaves are crispy, too. That isn't light damage. Those plants have been fertilizer burned, badly. Since you are hydro, I'd reduce your ppm by 50%. Or more.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

No he hasn’t. Buddy of mine here in town. Plants looks sprayed and burnt to me too. But they were fine this morning at lights on. If it was soil I’d help fix it lol. Where’s aqua man?
Probably off chasing a mermaid.

Ianvessey

Ianvessey

If its a N toxicity then your ppms will slowly be increasing, your have yet to list your ppm numbers. As long as your ppms slowly drop, you wont have a toxicity if your following the flora chart at half strength.

What does those roots look like? If they are fine, and your ppm is dropping, its the light being too close as the others mentioned. If you cannot raise it, defoliate alot of the upper fan leafs to allow light down below.

I would try to pull them down too, and posibly remove some of the lower sites.
Ppm of added water was always around 1100, but tested res before added new and it was super high, like 4000. I emptied all the after and just added PH 6.0 water, 27 ppm. Plants still look bad this morning….guess I could rinse the roots off with same water from the top. Sucks how these went from super stars to sad girls now…again, INLY thing different was HydoGuard, which I’m an idiot for doing anything different to healthy plant. 🤦‍♂️🤬

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Do you have a filter in your system?

They only thing the hydroguard would have done is fix root rot. I don't see hydroguard causing ppms to increase.

Underfeeding in hydro is far more benefitial than over feeding.

I'm guessing it's hard to get to your roots, I'm having that issue now too. But I will make a way to look at them. Did you say yours were perfect I can't remember.

I won't get above 400ppms, I would say your also way over feeding it which is why the ppms went from 1100 to 4000. You can also check your ppm meter for accurate calibration with solution at a hydro store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom