Hydro Nutrients - Problem Suggestions (if any really exist)

• Thread starter tgpeters
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tgpeters

Back into Hydro after long time. Facing a problem did not anticipate. Growing Auto flowers in a tent. My self designed system was based on certain assumptions regarding plant height.

Problem is frequent problems with head space plants getting too close to the lights. Been tying them down, but that's getting old.

Grow in 3 gallon buckets with perlite via Dutch bucket concept with pump running every hour for about 7 minutes. Using 5 part nute mix from General Hydroponics.

Been using mix as directed from seedlings to early flower to late flower and the stages between.

Problem / ask, does anyone know of a nute mix, that will stimulate flower growth, but at the same time limit veg growth. In short, I want the same flowers I have now, but shorter grow size.

If I can't solve the problem, I need to redo my grow system. Changing nute mix would be easier. If such a nute mix exists. Was thinking what if ... I skip the General Hydroponics cycles and move to flower / late flower and mange the PPM. Anyone try that as an attempt to grow smaller plants? I know - crazy ask. Most people want bigger healthy plants, I want smaller still healthy plants. I have some really good strains that people like. All listed as small to medium sized plants. Medium gets huge in my system.

I know I need to rebuild, just hoping for a magic fix. You people are experts, I'm pretty good.

Last edited:
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Nutrients will not change the plants DNA. With auto's I don't see it but that's beside the point.

If vertical space is the issue then it will require a change in the management style of your grow. I have 48" from light to tray so it can be done. If you need/want advice on how to cool be glad to help but to answer your question:

no, they can and will effect your plants size but there isn't one that can do both limit: vertical and enhance bud

T

tgpeters

Hi,
I put my big boy pants on, and redesigned the hydro system. Moved to 4 low profile storage containers linked together with bulkhead connecters, then placed the 3 gallon buckets on top. Overall the res capacity is twice the old. Saves about 16 inches head room, different light attaching process saves another 4 inches. I knew what I had to do, just did not want to face the facts.

Never anticipated the auto flowers to grow that big (I now plan 48 inches or more). Planned a max closer to 36. Wish I knew then, what I know now.

Probably should have reached out to you folks earlier when designing the system for autos. Never had that problem when I grew photo and cuttings.

Top Bottom