hydro plus coco??

• Thread starter stardust
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stardust

Hey farmerssss... :icon_animal26:
I do hydro (rockwool croutons/chunks) and wanted to ad something a little extra to the medium so got some BCUZZ Cocomix, its pretty messsy almost like soil and so they recommended GH cocomix looks like bark. What is the best combo for hydro and coco mix???:hi

Venom818

Venom818

I just started some hempys 50/50 coco/perilite and im getting amazing results.

G

GroHi

Been on coir for a while & have to say it is a full-blown hydro medium... requires nutes w each feed. Old hat at rw as well... very similar in that both are hydro all the way, though there are certainly differences.

Point being, don't think the coir is going to do very much for you w combining w rw... not going to get any of the bene's of the coir & likely run across some minor frustrations early on. After running both for a while, don't see any bene's of mixing the two, sorry to say. Peace brother.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
ReadyGro Aeration Formula cut with sunshine mix#4 will give you stellar results:)

My buddy joeshmoe turned me onto this mix.. you can cut it with the coco instead of the sunshine mix#4 also add coco croutons.. Medium stays nice and moist.. Not to wet not to dry:) Flooded 4 times a day..

Many different alternatives in soiless mediums:icon_cookie:

:passingjoint:

GTD

J

Jalisco Kid

Rockwool is crap alone and you for sure do not want to mix it with coir. If you like rw mix it with non absorbent rw. I used to use and have seen the biggest hydro grown plant in what we call a chow mix. Most use a 60/40 blend but I like to fertigate more so I use a 70/30 mix of hydroton/coir. I will post a pic of a plant in this mix grown by a friend of mine.JK

NLxBB
Top Bottom