Hydro Shop that RATs to FEDS

• Thread starter tomsawyer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eyecandi

eyecandi

well the problem is in the first paragraph of the story he didnt just sell some random people equpment and narc on them he was givin it to people for a share of there crop. not a very smart buisnes man i would not worry with a stand up buisness this is just shady

don't know the man or anyone involved, but think of it this way:

It's 2-3 years ago, the start of the Colorado "Green Rush". You know how to grow really kind herb, you know you can succeed, but are short on cash. .... hey, I'll work out a deal with you - I'll buy the equipment, you just need to repay it at investment + 30%.

you can't get a bank loan (because in reality, that is what it was. he didn't take herb in payment, only $$ since it was an equipment loan being repaid, just like any other business .... BTW, should GMAC/Wells Fargo go to jail as well, people use credit cards all the time to purchase grow equipment and then pay it back later. same thing, just lower rates), no bank will loan to a federally illegal business (even though it is State legal) and good luck finding someone that has $50K lying around to loan you for a startup (that may or may not make it due to legal issues).

so .... whatchu gonna do? tough choice for some, easier for others.

T

tomsawyer

So you've read the article, now hear the "rumor"

He got off scott free.

Some big customers of his are under investigation.

Like I said its a rumor and I'm wondering if anyone closer to the scene has any knowledge about this.

sedate

sedate

WTF I dropped $1000 at Way to Grow fucking YESTERDAY . . .

. . . and had to leave my number for a CAN filter they didn't have in stock. . .

sedate

sedate

Anyway - I don't think there is much political will to fuck with hydroshop customers:

Google "Operation Green Merchant" - good reading for some history of the indoor movement.

B

Beasters X Haze

1000 bucks isn't that much, I wouldn't be too worried about that.

M

mdTHC420

^^^agreed. once u drop 10k + for a couple room basement setup id start splitting up purchases.

S

SSHZ

From previous experience, I would strongly recommend everyone stay away from Worms Way.......... they go out of their way to be helpful and provide info to authorities far above what's asked of them. Plus, they are expensive as shit.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Ok so lets all assume that the Feds are keeping track on the MMJ seens (duhh), thinkin like a cop fir a minute, u squezze intel out of a hydro guy because his customer base are the ppl u r lookin fir, and most hydro guys r growers, so the can have leverage on them. Its a no brainer, ofcourse they are doing this, the questions is how successfull r they at it.

Split up ur purchases, minimize ur trips to the store, and most importantly DO NOT brag to ur hydro guy how dialed ur room is, what weight ur pullin and how great of a grower u r.

Confu...

E

edux10

most hydro shops dont like you to openly talk about growing weed in the store. Its a good idea to keep the 2 ideas as far way from each other as possible even tho they are really one and the same.

Then again, i have seen hydro shops with cards or fliers for dispensarys on their counters when you check out. you think non of the bud that their equipment grows goes to any of these places? come on. Its all a cat and mouse game. Many ways for bigger growers to be safe and try to stay off the raIdar. Every time someone tries to throw numbers in the DEAs face they are a target. Look at marc emmery, look at that guy in CO that told his grow to the news and got popped by feds. not smart. if you are doing good, you shouldnt flaunt it. Seen many people get in trouble like this. Jealousy is a bitch and there will always be someone hating on you ready to blow the whistle on you and they dont give a fuck about anything but their own safety. Smart growers keep it to themselves, or at least a bit of anonymity about the situation.

biggest and best grower out there is the guy you would have no idea he even knew how to germ a seed sometimes. Then again, it sucks when a government says something is ok, but then will put people in prison for half a decade or more when they are hurting NO BODY. guy at the DEA office is pissed because he was working there for 20+ years and gets no respect and makes one tenth of what these growers are making a year.

Idk, maybe being a DEA agent gets you laid sometimes, but i would think more often than not you are just the one fucking someone.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

The key word is feds ! They don't get involved unless you are over the national 100 plant limit or are transporting across state lines. They aren't looking for people with low numbers. In a mmj state at least in other states where its still prohibited they just sit outside the stores and take license plate numbers and see what comes up. If you don't make tons of money and live in a mansion with 10 cars what do you have for them to confiscate . They want assets and recognition not grow equipment and broke ass growers.

B

BoCo Buds

Interesting post on the DPost...

Think about the fact that they push the 'customer account' to log all the purchases & apply the discounts... and they do push for you to set this up.

A lot of major accounts... always logged... always on record.

Some people might want to wonder if they're on any other sort of list...??? :worried

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Bubblehaze im with you. Im a little fish in a sea full of whales.

R

Rednick

Damn this weed is good, I'm paranoid as shit.

Oh wait, it's this thread...
Got my tin hat on, let's go!

O

OldStageCoach

WTF I dropped $1000 at Way to Grow fucking YESTERDAY . . .

. . . and had to leave my number for a CAN filter they didn't have in stock. . .

Waytogrow sucks ass, you are paying more for everything there, even with the "20%" account discount...lmfao.

N

NugNation

Actually, I don't know if you've been there recently but they've slashed a ton of their prices. On most labels they have the MSRP listed, then they have the WTG price below that, which is always below msrp now. It might only be 10% or so but it's still something. I haven't paid retail price for anything since my first time there, got 15% off no questions asked, first purchase. plus they are always running sales and shit like 25% off the whole month of january. Sure you can find some shit on the internet for cheaper but if you prove you're loyal to them they will hook you up. I just ordered a 12 light badboy from them and I ended up getting it cheaper than I could find it anywhere on the internet.

And no, I don't work for WTG or anything, they aren't my close homies. They've just hooked me up a bunch so I figured I should speak in their defense. Shop a lot there and you will see 25% off no questions asked every time. Been going there less than a year and thats the treatment I get....

And yes, they do want you to have an account but the plus side is you get a fat discount without haggling and you can make one without any of your personal info on it. Make the account name boner, they won't care.

H

hemployed

The problem with way to grow now is that the discount comes off of the msrp price. The discount used to come off the wtg price. That's why they list both prices now. It used to just be the wtg price. Clever thing they tried to pull but I noticed my purchases were more expensive than ever. I'm in the process of straightening this out with them. That's a shady fucking move!

as far as them ratting to the feds about growers. I highly doubt it. Unless of course they were forced by the feds to give up account info or something. They're in business to make money off of growers like you and me..

never the less, if they dont fix this bullshit discount I'll be taking my business elsewhere

Latest posts

Top Bottom