Hydro system for a newb!

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I
I hear ya!! I plan on running an ap-100 for the air pumps per 8 spots. Not sure of the air stones, if you guys have any suggestions, I'm all ears. I will wrap all modules and PVC piping with reflextic. I will also have the pump and epicenter/control bucket outside of the grow rooms. I'm hoping all this will help reduce the use of a chiller.

If you plan to run rdwc, you MUST have a way in place to maintain water temps at or below 66 degrees f. Don't do it without this in place.

Also, Dr. Rabbit above is giving incorrect advice about rdwc and what you can run in it. You are by no means limited to monographs when running rdwc; almost all of my runs have been salad grows and the results were great! The only thing I have up was a bit of ultimate yield.

Trillionsoatoms

Trillionsoatoms

I would more than likely run two systems with 8-10 site, so I can run two different strains.

Idk why you would need two setups for just two strains, I've run over 20 different strains on the exact same nutrient solution and you would never know it. Had to pull one clone cuz it was being a picky slow eating bich which I ain't got the time if day for. You might get one or two that dont agree 100 percent but they either get pulled young or get use to it... I feed with a high ppm from the get go.

Common misconception.... This tray ran over 20 diff cuts at once in a perpetual cycle.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Two reasons.
1. So if I have a failure I will not kill the entire room.
2. I run 8 weekers and 10 weekers.
And another Pluss would be that I can run side by side comparisons if I want to try different methods, nutrients, ect...

Trillionsoatoms

Trillionsoatoms

Two reasons.
1. So if I have a failure I will not kill the entire room.
2. I run 8 weekers and 10 weekers.
And another Pluss would be that I can run side by side comparisons if I want to try different methods, nutrients, ect...
I can understand doing r&d but you won't kill an entire room! Balderdash!!! :p

Trillionsoatoms

Trillionsoatoms

Get a Rubbermaid tub, the 7$ fitting kit and a pump ... Run all the strains you REALLY want to run together in that one tray during veg... Then you know how they all react to the one solution and better to tell you if they will get along together and/or who needs to be separated on their own solution...

Just trying to help brother!!! :D

First pic I used the clear Rez tub for a couple days till I could buy a 5 gallon bucket..... Stupid simple setup. Cheap!!!

Then got a bucket

, this is a few weeks later, that's seven diff moms right there and a couple diff clones...

S

SuzieQ

In order to respond in a manner other than "you should do it the way I do", you'll need to talk a little about the scale of the grow you want to have. If you're transitioning into hydro from soil and coco, what sort of potentially useful items do you currently have (pH pens, TDS meter, favorite nutrients, etc). You can spend virtually all the money you can stomach, but a sense of your budget will help give good advice. Any particularly annoying traits in your area, such as size or heat?

And DWC's no more complicated than coco.
I
I hear ya!! I plan on running an ap-100 for the air pumps per 8 spots. Not sure of the air stones, if you guys have any suggestions, I'm all ears. I will wrap all modules and PVC piping with reflextic. I will also have the pump and epicenter/control bucket outside of the grow rooms. I'm hoping all this will help reduce the use of a chiller.
I want to start growing good stuff,please tell me how to start and what toput on it so no bugs ect.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I want to start growing good stuff,please tell me how to start and what toput on it so no bugs ect.

We all want this. Tell us what you have and we'll point you in the right direction. Without knowing anything about your current setup or situation, it will be difficult to provide any meaningful advice.

S

SuzieQ

I am new and want to grow what all do I need to start.I have a veg. Light and a place to put it but no good seeds,and don't now what to do from there?please someone help me.!

S

SuzieQ

I have three back aliments and it will get worse so if you can help me from being in pain.no oneI nows how to grow or they say its good but it isn't. If I grow my own .

Latest posts

Top Bottom