Hydro to Organic How many switch over?

• Thread starter xXRABBITXx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
residentshaman

residentshaman

Ok. Follow up time. The whole thing got out of hand. I initially intended to do up a 15-20 gallon pot to make it through a run water only. Now I have 2 65 gallon grass roots pots cooking with a coots style soil. I think I just have a spending problem. Hopefully, such a mass of soil should make nutrient issues a non-issue, at least.

I want to add that I mixed the soil, very thoroughly, in my living room, in storage totes. I'm sure it would have been much, much easier if I could have done it outside.

The only thing I would suggest is having liquid nutes on hand, even if its teas of some sort. Any nutrient issues that you need to amend will take a few weeks to show change in the plants if you use powders.

O

OhRose

Surely the several pounds of dry amendments and bags of worm castings that I've already added should be enough?

You make a good point, though. I was looking at the Alaska fish fertilizer. Any thoughts on that?

N

Natep

Awesome. You will be fine in the large pots. I grow in a 160 gallon bed. There will be plenty of nutrition in there for several grows. I would suggest looking into Korean natural farming. There are a few nutrients you can make at home that work amazing. I would start with an aloe fpj it will help work as a wetting agent and it will help build roots.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Surely the several pounds of dry amendments and bags of worm castings that I've already added should be enough?

You make a good point, though. I was looking at the Alaska fish fertilizer. Any thoughts on that?
You could mix up your amendments with water and use as a tea if needed
No need to waste money on something you don’t use

If you need the fish different matter however you could list a 100 different things that are helpful and you might only use 3 if you understand

O

OhRose

You could mix up your amendments with water and use as a tea if needed
No need to waste money on something you don’t use

If you need the fish different matter however you could list a 100 different things that are helpful and you might only use 3 if you understand

Yeah, I can't say I completely understand. Would mixing the amendments with water be significantly different than just top dressing and watering it in? Or did you mean to ferment it?

Hopefully it isn't needed. There's already a quart each of kelp and neem meal and twice as much pale male, on top of a cubic foot of worm castings and 2 of compost. And I got some red wigglers already working on it. I never found crab meal, though. I'll have to order that and try making a tea later. The compost had some though.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
When you top dress then water not all of its immediately available.
You can cut the time by mixing it up and using as a tea

Top Bottom