hydrofarm aach50 aint watercooling

• Thread starter donkeydon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

donkeydon

my temps are 70 to 75.dam. I talked to current culture today. was told just unplug and let the chiller defrost.so I did.great water temps 66 at lights out. lights on now 72 and climbing. any ideas. my system is insulated. 6 (13) gal buckets .50 gal and I cant get temps in the 60s. has anyone dealt with this before. of course its Friday isn't it always?? thanx for looking. don

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

my temps are 70 to 75.dam. I talked to current culture today. was told just unplug and let the chiller defrost.so I did.great water temps 66 at lights out. lights on now 72 and climbing. any ideas. my system is insulated. 6 (13) gal buckets .50 gal and I cant get temps in the 60s. has anyone dealt with this before. of course its Friday isn't it always?? thanx for looking. don
if it's freezing up try turning it down, maybe then it will continue to run and chill your res and not freeze up on you.

peace, bozo

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i've had AC units that stopped cooling once the unit froze up which i assume is what is happening if the op was told to 'defrost' it.

bozo
I was just correcting the title of the thread

I'm kinda ocd I guess

D

donkeydon

if it's freezing up try turning it down, maybe then it will continue to run and chill your res and not freeze up on you.

peace, bozo
hey just another.when you mentioned to turn it down. do you mean lower temps or raise it? I have it down to 59 degrees now it was at 49 haven't noticed any difference. when I defrosted this afternoon my temps were 66 and looked good. after 1 hour with my lights on tonight I noticed the temps climbing to 74 /75. I added 1 ml per gal roots.cooling the room to 80. I put a bag of ice into rez.maybe it will help . I know in the morning ill defrost again . dam the bad luck itssssss Friday.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

hey just another.when you mentioned to turn it down. do you mean lower temps or raise it? I have it down to 59 degrees now it was at 49 haven't noticed any difference. when I defrosted this afternoon my temps were 66 and looked good. after 1 hour with my lights on tonight I noticed the temps climbing to 74 /75. I added 1 ml per gal roots.cooling the room to 80. I put a bag of ice into rez.maybe it will help . I know in the morning ill defrost again . dam the bad luck itssssss Friday.
yeah, sorry for the confusion, i actually meant that you should raise the temp setting so it is set for a less cold temp so maybe won't freeze up so fast, maybe set if for 62, that would be chill enough for your res and maybe warm enough not to freeze up.

...i should say that i abandoned active hydro over these kinds of issues some years ago and now i grow in passive hydronics, aka hempy buckets, this way there are no pumps or chillers needed and so there are no pumps or chillers that can fail.

...my op is so easy it almost grows itself, since switching to hempys my grow has become almost entirely stress free.

peace, bozo

sixstring

sixstring

How long are you letting it defrost? You need to give it time to totally defrost or it will just quickly freeze back up.once you know its warm, the coil, try running it at 65f for a while and see how it goes.also using a larger pump to push more water through the coil and system might fix your freeze ups.but 65f will be fine for the plants for a few days while you get it sorted.also where is the chiller located? Maybe find a warmer spot or the coils are not getting airflow.internal fan could be the problem, put another fan next to the chiller to help with airflow maybe.

D

donkeydon

thanks 6 string. I could use all the help I can get. did some research and they have had some issues with condensors. dam.i was thinking about dialing the 1ks down to 600 if needed. ill give the whole dark cycle and see in the next off cycle.

D

donkeydon

i would defrost for like 12 hours to be sure and i would have a fan blowing on it during that time
put fans on it . well its a toss up. get lucky / or/ I got a 1/4 hp in veg that I can replace it with/ not sure about what temps it can get. but its better than watching temps soar and water puddling all night. the farm is an amazing place.thanks

D

donkeydon

yeah, sorry for the confusion, i actually meant that you should raise the temp setting so it is set for a less cold temp so maybe won't freeze up so fast, maybe set if for 62, that would be chill enough for your res and maybe warm enough not to freeze up.

...i should say that i abandoned active hydro over these kinds of issues some years ago and now i grow in passive hydronics, aka hempy buckets, this way there are no pumps or chillers needed and so there are no pumps or chillers that can fail.

...my op is so easy it almost grows itself, since switching to hempys my grow has become almost entirely stress free.

peace, bozo
I hear you bro. its always something Fing up.

D

donkeydon

well its sad. I defrosted 10 hrs and my temps just climbed. POS. hooked up my 1/2 hp its holding 66 steady.i wasn't sure but I might have 4-7 days with high temps. 72/73/74. ive been using ucroots(bleach) at 1ml per gal daily and with flush I ran my usual 2mls per gal.im hoping that my ph doesn't take a nosedive///// warm temps and POS chillin machines (6 months old). seems a lil to busy lately. I appreciate all the help from da farmers here. very Fing cool..

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

just for shits and giggles why not try a single 2 gallon coco hempy bucket and see what it is to grow without all this drama.

...you don't have to commit to completely changing your entire operation, just try one.

peace, bozo

D

donkeydon

just for shits and giggles why not try a single 2 gallon coco hempy bucket and see what it is to grow without all this drama.

...you don't have to commit to completely changing your entire operation, just try one.

peace, bozo
for giggles and grins im hearing you.all this shit breaking really sucks. thanx bozo.

D

donkeydon

flushed for 4 hours/2ml roots. fed at 900/ ph5.9/water temps 66/// good night everyone

DR.GT

DR.GT

I dont mean this to be disrespectful by no means.. but donk u really need to stop over thinking and doing things with the system..Those ppms are way over kill and your plants show that bro.. I am in week 4 flower and my ppms are at 300..what are u running for air pumps? Add more air and Try the new super charged feeding chart. How many gallons u trying to chill? U could be over working your chiller what are u leaving it set at?

Top Bottom