hydrofarm co2 regulator can not be used by ppm controller?

• Thread starter Str8Dank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Str8Dank

Str8Dank

so the guy at my local grow store told me that the hydrofarm active air regulator can not be controlled by say a ppm3 because of the frequent on and offs the cheaply made regulator will FREEZE and that they sell a heater of some sort for it to prevent this but it costs about as much as the regulator. he told me caps regulators don't do this.

has anyone experienced this?

G

GreenForrest

I don't know about the hydrofarm regulator freezing, I never used one myself, but I own a hydro shop and the ones I have sold never had any problems. If I were you I would be more worried about the ppm-3. I have had so many ppm-3 and ppm-1 returned in the last couple months. If you can you should use Sentinel cppm-1 it's a very nice controller.
Hope this helps. Good luck

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I have had a friend that has a big room to fill. When the light 1st turn on, that is when it was taking the longest to fill. C02 comes out i believe -400F. There are regs for those tanks that have a heater so keep it from freezing the bottle open. If anything for controllers, tanks you want fuzzy logic mode. Then again be glad to have a way to measure out things.

C

crippled1

I had 2 hydrofarms that had the solenoid stick open and drained my tank.
They sent me a new solenoid and said that it was being incorporated on new units.
I have since switched to a CAP product that I use with my CPPM-4 and have never had a problem.

Top Bottom