Hydrofogger review

• Thread starter noone88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noone88

I've been having humidity issues with my new 9kish watt sealed grow room especially with the summer temps. Bare bulb setup, RDWC, my light-on humidity is below 20%.

In my previous setups, I was able to use a high-output swamp cooler to increase the humidity. However, the problem with the new location is the tap water temp is coming out at 80F, which reduces its effectiveness.

I bought the hydrofogger (the bigger one) and it's a well-made unit. It has a built-in float valve (1/4" OD tubing) and is a simple plug-n-play. You can either buy their humidity controller or use any of the other humidity controllers out there. It produces a very nice fine mist of water vapor, even though my water temp is fairly high. The throw distance isn't very far and it seems to travel only a few feet before the lights evaporate it. I'll give it a few days to see how well it works and most likely, for my room, i'll need 2 at opposite sides.

It's an expensive item and I wish I could source it from China (odds are it's probably 50-100 wholesale), but it seems like the company has a good control over distribution; I couldn't find anyone else selling it for cheaper.

Overall, a good item to use if you're having a humidity problems. I'll probably bring in my swamp cooler when winter rolls around since the throw distance plus cooler water temps works very well.

N

noone88

It's distributed by Faran, a Korean company. I'm going to see if I can source a wholesaler on the west coast. Sunlight Supply (NGW) sells the smaller model for $299 MSRP.

Apache69

Apache69

I just ordered a Hydrofogger too. The big one...Did you hook it up to an RO source?

B

bakershredhead

If anyone one is looking for one I have two of the large units I'm not using anymore. Give me a pm

Apache69

Apache69

No, I did not.
Did you hook it up to your house water source? If so what is the PPM of your H2O and is it leaving the mineral powder all over everything in your room? Thank you in advance.

N

noone88

tap water source. I won't be able to find out until I cut down the whole room and do a cleaning.

N

noone88

I noticed some kind of residue on my equipment and on the leaves of the plant closest to the hydrofogger. Switching to RO water next cycle (I'm halfway through bloom, don't want the high humidity).

Apache69

Apache69

I noticed some kind of residue on my equipment and on the leaves of the plant closest to the hydrofogger. Switching to RO water next cycle (I'm halfway through bloom, don't want the high humidity).

I get a ton of powder all over the place when I run tap water. Which comes in at 50ppmish. Have you measured your tap water?

Thanks,

S

SomeoneYouKnow

It's an expensive item and I wish I could source it from China (odds are it's probably 50-100 wholesale), but it seems like the company has a good control over distribution; I couldn't find anyone else selling it for cheaper.

They are still several hundred more than that ($400+ dont remember quite exactly) and you have to buy a pallet worth from the manufacture to get it from them. - At least, you used to have to.

I've got 7 of them running, 5 of the "hanging" types and 2 of the "floor models" (the most common ones - the ones you most likely have) and I find that they should be taken completely apart and cleaned from time to time or you get a nice film of multi colored molds forming inside your fogger.

Good Luck -

SYK

N

noone88

Tap water PPM is 350, a lot of calcium.

Thanks for the tip re: the mold. I'll be setting up an AC condensate water res to use for my foggers. I'll add some h2o2 every week as preventative measures.

J

Jalisco Kid

Tap water PPM is 350, a lot of calcium.

Thanks for the tip re: the mold. I'll be setting up an AC condensate water res to use for my foggers. I'll add some h2o2 every week as preventative measures.

I believe in recycling but I do not know if you would want to aerosol the water that might have low lifes in it(bac,fungus,mold) plus any oxidized aluminum from the fins. That will coat your plants and room. I have never heard of it being a problem, it would be one less of a worry if I did not use it. JK

N

noone88

Yea gonna see how it goes. It's a simple fix to use straight RO water instead of recycled water.

Apache69

Apache69

Hows this going for everyone? I need an Ro for mine. My bulbs are fogging up! I havnet been running my hum this time and I can tell a huge diff in plant health and size. I average about 35% Rh in my room now fyi. Cheers,

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I use to own one. Was using it for cuts. Then came to saw it broke the water to 60-130mircon. Later i saw my lamps were getting rusted and failing. Next I look into product from NutraMist that breaks the water down 0-5Mircons. Vary dry fog, and can use simple vacum tubes and Ts to lead the RH to where needed.

hort-hog

hort-hog

...interesting...i'll be checking out nutramist.

Considering SYK had 7 of them running, I would say they're not that effective.

Mind you, he could've been running a 100 light warehouse.

Top Bottom