Hydrogen peroxide for extra air to roots?

• Thread starter Donk Frog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Donk Frog

I have heard somewhere that adding hydrogen peroxide to res can increase the 0xigen in the res.....does anybody know how much to use per gallon????

M

MR.SOG

15ml (1tbsp) - 30ml (2tbsp) per gallon if you're using regular 3% h2o2. i think its 1ml per liter if you're using 35%.

M

moggggys

pointless , kills the beneficials in the rez as well as the nasties , h202 is a bleach so cant recommend it at all , 2 other rather important things are h202 disolves real friggin fast , as its got a massively unstable molicule , in other words its benificial for 1 day only as it will have disapated after this

another real real REAL important issue is crazed deluded islamic c""ts use this stuff to make bom-bs so the sale of it is checked especially when sold in larger quanities , theres a legal obligation to maintain records and forward them on request if your selling this stuff hence to its a good idea to be carefull buying it as its not a good idea to bring attention to oneself

much better to either get a chiller for the rez ( DO is dependent on water temp )or drop an airstone or 3 ( lots of small bubbles means bigger tention area to create DO )

Monkfish

Monkfish

I have heard somewhere that adding hydrogen peroxide to res can increase the 0xigen in the res.....does anybody know how much to use per gallon????

I always find the stuff from growth tec to be suitable at 2mil a litre when plants are established, tad lighter in earlier stages are ideal in coco if theres been any overwatering, i tend not to carry any peroxide treatments on for long and after several days of plain water norm change up to a zym type product..personelly i think the stuff can be over used with the strength it comes at , but deffinatley is beneficial in certian situations

reg monkf

D

Donk Frog

pointless , kills the beneficials in the rez as well as the nasties , h202 is a bleach so cant recommend it at all , 2 other rather important things are h202 disolves real friggin fast , as its got a massively unstable molicule , in other words its benificial for 1 day only as it will have disapated after this

another real real REAL important issue is crazed deluded islamic c""ts use this stuff to make bom-bs so the sale of it is checked especially when sold in larger quanities , theres a legal obligation to maintain records and forward them on request if your selling this stuff hence to its a good idea to be carefull buying it as its not a good idea to bring attention to oneself

much better to either get a chiller for the rez ( DO is dependent on water temp )or drop an airstone or 3 ( lots of small bubbles means bigger tention area to create DO )

It's just for a few days.....my set-up is part dwc and I am waiting on airstones to be delivered.....they are just seedlings but roots are now in water.....there are no benificals in the water just plain clean water as my nutrients pack is coming friday with the air stones...would it help until then???

M

moggggys

ummmm a toughie , personnaly i wouldnt use it although others seem to like it , its all about beneficials and how they allow the uptake of food into the plants , people assume the food they feed the plant is absorbed neat into the plant

if your waiting a few days then id either do part exchanges on the water in there or remove some and shake the shit out of it , mechanicaly forcing air into water is alot better than airstones , wizz out a few litres at a time and shake the shit out of it in a bottle , to be honest if its only a couple of days i wouldnt do anything knowing they will be ok ,,, yep im lazy :evilgrin

C

cell

A member here named Mace has a thread in the basic growing section named, "The Complete Guide to Sick Plants". In one section in this, he mentions hydrogen peroxide..

pg.2
Overwatering

Over watering is one of the biggest mistakes new growers make, reason for this is, because they feel the need to give there plant everything and will overdue a lot of things and one of them is over watering. By over watering your plant you soak the roots so much, they can’t get enough oxygen and slowly die. The plant shows signs of over watering by: Wilting, droopy look, yellow and or dead leaves falling off, which includes leaves that don’t look dead falling off. One of the best ways to tell how NOT to over water is by, picking up the pot when it is dry and then picking up the pot after you water. (This is a reason why it’s smart to use light pots.) When you water, you want to water just enough to where you see a bit of water coming out of the bottom, not gushing or pouring out. Just enough to see a little bit, then you know the plant has enough water. To prevent over watering you can either: add more perlite to your soil, add hydrogen peroxide to your water for extra oxygen, all the while killing bacteria if any in the soil. After watering, wait a few days to water. Mj plants like a good watering and then a couple days to dry out in between watering. So it’s very easy to over water.

mace

mace

@ dOnk Frog:

Since your airstones will be here friday, do as others suggested and manually force air into the water until friday.

H202 is amazing for growers but as with everything there are up and downsides. Water logged plants tend to be the ones that need oxygen attention but as a heads up, yes it does indeed increase the amount of oxygen in the water. h202 breaks down very quickly (2 H2O2 -----> 2 H2O + O2) the result is water and oxygen, as you can see.

benefits range from adding oxygen to killing bacteria. You should note that it kills all bacteria, even the good ones. While in hydro(assuming you're using chemical ferts) this can be a good thing and probably a weekly/bi-weekly ritual, in soil it can be a real pain in the ass(assuming you're using organic ferts).

I know people that use h202 to kill of powdery mildew in a mild spray solution, but personally i have only used milk to cure this.

A

ace70568

Keep your rez temps low i forget how low but at least in the 60's and use a boss hog air difuser i think its called
they sell then at most hydro stores.Its shaped like an H.
When the water is cold it retains more oxygen.

They are specifically for hydro rezs and dont deteriorate
and throw your ph off.

As stated it will kill benificial bacteria but is good for steralizing your equipment and killing bad things in your rez.

Top Bottom