hydrogen peroxide h202 food grade/technical grade

• Thread starter Dr.DWC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr.DWC

hey folks

im looking to get h202 cheap online and have found plenty of places selling 35% food grade or 3%5 technical grade h202 alot cheaper then local hydroponic shops

im looking to use it in a rDWC system, to steralize/add extra dissolved oxygen to the water.

i am wondering what is used for hydroponic type h202 ? is it food grade or technical grade ?

the blurb for the Technical Grade said, that in technical grade h202 there is added phosphorous which can remove chlorine from the water its diluted in. - So id assume that hydroponic type h202 would be technical grade h202 ?

let me know if anyone knows

K

kdub4201

i use the 3% at 15ml a gallon this was recommended to me by a long time hydro grower. I run a moded up 11 bucket dwc cir. waterfarm kit. Ive been using it for years with great results but i only use it when temps get on the warm side in the res. thats when it really helps with the oxygen and to keep algea at bay.

G

gettogro

5 gallons 29% h202 can be ordered by any hydrofarm dealer for $100

M

Madman88

I had the same question went with gut 3% at walmart on sale 2 for buck and I loaded up bought 8 cases

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

I use 35% from the hot tub store and dilute it x10 for 3.5% which is what you get at the grocery store. It works great to keep things sterile but I really don't think the extra DO amounts to much. I've got 2 2" airstones/ 5gal bucket and they are boiling hard all the time. Careful with this stuff. 35% H2O2 will burn the shit out of your skin.

T

TheVenusflytrap

how much 3% are u guys using to one gallon of water ?

KAL EL

KAL EL

hey folks

im looking to get h202 cheap online and have found plenty of places selling 35% food grade or 3%5 technical grade h202 alot cheaper then local hydroponic shops

im looking to use it in a rDWC system, to steralize/add extra dissolved oxygen to the water.

i am wondering what is used for hydroponic type h202 ? is it food grade or technical grade ?

the blurb for the Technical Grade said, that in technical grade h202 there is added phosphorous which can remove chlorine from the water its diluted in. - So id assume that hydroponic type h202 would be technical grade h202 ?

let me know if anyone knows

Have you tried just using hygrozyme only?

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Never heard of technical grade. I use food grade, works like a champ. Chlorine in the water isn't bad unless you use organics.

R

RustyShakleford

I just picked up some H2O2 29% from the Hydrostore to clean some items, and would like to start using it in my weekly water. How much and how often should I be using it? I understand it breaks down pretty quickly, and I have heard it needs to be added every 3 days or so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom