Hydrogen Peroxide To Oxygenate Roots?

• Thread starter JJCruz14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JJCruz14

JJCruz14

In my grow setup, I have a pot of dirt that my plants are in suspended over another pot of water with a wick. My question is if adding hydrogen peroxide to the water would help oxygenate the roots of my plants effectively and safely.

JJCruz14

JJCruz14

I know that hydrogen peroxide kills most microorganisms but I'm not using any compost tea or good bacteria, so that doesn't really matter to me. I just want to know if it will oxygenate my plants' roots.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I wouldn't. Do you have a bubbler in your Reservoir?that would be the best thing.

JJCruz14

JJCruz14

The plants are in regular potting soil and there's some high nitrogen fertilizer in the water, I plan to get some flowering solution from the hardware store around harvest time. I do have a fish tank bubbler somewhere in my garage I think, somewhere...

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

The plants are in regular potting soil and there's some high nitrogen fertilizer in the water, I plan to get some flowering solution from the hardware store around harvest time. I do have a fish tank bubbler somewhere in my garage I think, somewhere...
Use a hi quality stone that creates microbubbles. And make sure your soil is not compacted. That will give you plenty of oxygen.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Why don't you simply run dwc and skip the soil part? Use another medium?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Why don't you simply run dwc and skip the soil part? Use another medium?
He's In Too Deep now lol

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

If you're a bottom Reservoir is somewhat sealed around your pot the air pump will literally Force air up through the soil.

visajoe1

visajoe1

In my grow setup, I have a pot of dirt that my plants are in suspended over another pot of water with a wick. My question is if adding hydrogen peroxide to the water would help oxygenate the roots of my plants effectively and safely.
skip the peroxide, get smart pots next run if you want more air to roots. water oxygenates itself just being exposed to air. assuming you are only feeding water and it has access to air in the bottom pot, I wouldnt do anything.

When you add nutes, you'll need to ensure they dont separate. Stir once per day or put an airline in it to run once per day

Top Bottom