Hydrogen pro water valve burnt out??

• Thread starter harley34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

harley34

Hey

Was just setting up my hydrogen pro, im doing it drain to waste. Turn the gas on, turn the water mains on then connect it to the sentinel chhc 4, the burner clicks, then sounds like its filling up?? It doesnt light, not what i could tell anyway. It makes this filling up noise for about 3 mins, until i smell some weird shit so i run to the burner and the inline water valve from hydro innovations is smoking, like a burnt smell so quickly unplug it. Inspecting it, its RED HOT to the point where i cant touch it for more than a second.

Am i right thinking the little arrow on the valve should point up to the burner. Im guessing the valve didnt fully open because i was getting a little water run from the drain pipe.

What do use think it could be, going to ring hydro innovation later when there open, different time zone etc

Unrelated question, when i turned my sentinel chhc4 on only the co2 and humidity LED light thing was on, does this sound about right? Anyway i took the case off and checked if i could see if the wires were live on the other 2 devices and i wasnt getting any response. I know my warranty is void because i switched 3 of the american sockets to UK industrial 240V sockets. You might be thinking because i fucked about with it is the reason its not working but there was still one working. It was the 2 devices on the left (heating and cooling) that wouldnt light up

What use think

H

harley34

So i changed over the water valve for another one made over here, its still not lighting up, does this setup sound right?

Water Valve plug goes into the sentinel? (is this right)

Then i plug the generators mains ac/dc plug into the wall socket (is this right) this makes the clicking noise that tries to light the flame

Turn the gas on

Turn the water mains on

So when the water turns on it sounds like its filling it up, its starts clicking for about 7 seconds attempting to light the flame then stops and then it just carries on sounding like its filling up. For some reason its not lighting. Should you be able to see the flames through the little flame hole thing. Should you be able to hear the water running through it? its pretty loud!

What sounds like the problem, im thinking it could be the water pressure buts its very strong so i cant think of any other reason. Iv took out the little metal grill debris filter incase that was slowing the flow down.

I checked the gas was running clearly by leaving it switched on then slowly releasing the nut at the hydrogen until i heard it leaking out then tightened it back up again, so its not gas related!

The co2 LED on the sentinel is on so theres no problem there, iv disconnected the water valve from the hydrogen and plugged it and actually seen the valve inside open so its not that.

Do you think it could be something to do with the generator itself?

Appreciate any help, really starting to piss me off now

EDIT: spoke to hydro innovations, went through a step by step what to check etc infront of the burner, took the case off and found out the gas wasnt getting to the sparks, so there sending me a new gas valve. hope this works, wont get it for about 2 weeks

Top Bottom