hydrolite from botanicare

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ever after

Ever after

so american agritech came out with this silica based stuff thats like perlite and holds water and nutrients.... and air.... it seems like some scam to be as botanicare reps havent been able to give me a straight answer about it being ph balanced or ph neutral. from what the rep peeped out. he said we only ask you to add 20% to your mix and that it isnt a replacement for hydroton.... so my take on that is..... the hydrolite is not ph balanced and will give massive ph swings...
will be doing a test over the next week to see how it does with 3 different ratio's of hydrolite to coco and 1 with no hydrolite. . will also be mixxing up hydro lite in water to see if that makes the ph jump.

will have results back in a couple days. so get high!!!

Ever after

Ever after

so my findings conclude that... hydrolite out of the bag and not washed brings down ph when added to coco with a controlled ph and ppm. by .4ph with my water. with that being the biggest change in ph @ 25%hydrolite ........I found that the more hydrolite added the bigger ph dips i was getting.

some results with washed hydrolite...... still getting ph drops

more results on the way. as I did not test ppm past controlling the coco

B

bratva

I appreciate the test your doing I myself want to use Hydrolite with Coco. I was told Hydrolite was a bit Alkaline.

Ever after

Ever after

well the plants in coco right now with the hydrolite are not looking very stable IN comparison to my straight coco plants and my straight manna mix / biocanna plants are looking good. but the manna mix plants with the amended hydrolite being fed bio canna seem to be a bit off. I am most likely not adjusting to the fact its slightly alkaline ... then again there will be more tests! this is just the start of my tests.

*the hand watered coco plants with hydrolite are doing better than hydrolite plants in coco on flood and drain/recirculating systems... so far the hydrolite soil mixes are doing best. but They are being fed Bio canna.... and bio canna has natural ph buffers and ec buffers so it most likely likes the extra air and silica and alkalinity

the nutrients I use are if you are wondering .

Bio canna & Glacial rock dust for soil -medium is- manna mix

for coco...medium-- Botanicare's COCOgro, liquids Canna coco, canna boost, canna pk13/14. botani's cal mag+

love & peace ever after

Ever after

Ever after

LOL I am going to up the ph of the hydrolite plants in coco about .3 and see if that helps ahahha. fucking a this is not IDEAL if this works... ahhaaha

I love this with the soil plants but this might not make it veganic with the hydrolite. very doubtful if its a man made rock with silica in it but who knows if its man crafted. !eve

Ever after

Ever after

still testing , not ready to release results..........................

Top Bottom