Hydroponic deficiency could someone please confirmation

• Thread starter DTpaws5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DTpaws5

DTpaws5

Hello
Could anyone confirm what I am pretty sure is a potassium problem?
Week 4 of 8-10 week strain.
Thank you so much.

Hydroponic deficiency could someone please confirmation
Hydroponic deficiency could someone please confirmation 2
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello
Could anyone confirm what I am pretty sure is a potassium problem?
Week 4 of 8-10 week strain.
Thank you so much.
Looks to be and my guess would be they need a higher concentration of nutrients.

What are you using and at what EC and PH?

You happen to switch to bloom nutes at flip and not increase EC?

DTpaws5

DTpaws5

I am using a not to well know brand Super nutrients SBA and SBB. I am using RO water and Manufacture could not tell me about the use of RO water as they never use it. The reason for using this particular brand is because I have had problems with all other brands I have tried with Bio-Film build up after 2-3 day after a fresh mix. water completely cloudy and brown film every were. I suspect from the nutrient solution getting too warm in the grow room.
anyways
twin SF4000 @ 65% 6” Rockwool, Flood and Drain recycle, 1200ppm CO2, 24 gallons, for 2 plants currently 750ppm with 2ml-gal with cal/mag feeding one every 6 hours pretty dry by next light cycle. Added 1/2tsp of RAW Phosphorus , and 1/2 Tsp RAW Potassium to last mix.
yes increase nutrient during flip up from 500 at veg July 1 day 1 of flower Below. Added a second 24 gallon res since pic.

EE3AFC92 D5B5 4439 80CA FA122FED0972
BFDD6AC2 3E7B 480E AAAF 1B99DF635209
33F36F2F 418C 4F75 BA01 E42D77AB112A
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am using a not to well know brand Super nutrients SBA and SBB. I am using RO water and Manufacture could not tell me about the use of RO water as they never use it. The reason for using this particular brand is because I have had problems with all other brands I have tried with Bio-Film build up after 2-3 day after a fresh mix. water completely cloudy and brown film every were. I suspect from the nutrient solution getting too warm in the grow room.
anyways
twin SF4000 @ 65% 6” Rockwool, Flood and Drain recycle, 1200ppm CO2, 24 gallons, for 2 plants currently 750ppm with 2ml-gal with cal/mag feeding one every 6 hours pretty dry by next light cycle. Added 1/2tsp of RAW Phosphorus , and 1/2 Tsp RAW Potassium to last mix.
yes increase nutrient during flip up from 500 at veg July 1 day 1 of flower Below. Added a second 24 gallon res since pic.
Ok they are probably drying back to far but let me see if i can pull out some RW guys for you that can confirm or correct me.

@Dirtbag @tobh @PK1 ? Edibles kickin in off to bed.

Reactions: PK1
tobh

tobh

Supporter
looks like you can bump up the EC a touch. would need to know the results of that syringe test @PK1 suggested to confirm for ya though.

DTpaws5

DTpaws5

anyways
A couple more details 82* room temp 45 - 55 % RH with A/C and humidifier fighting each other, feeding at 5.8 PH water temp around 72*

DTpaws5

DTpaws5

I am sorry I have never heard of a syringe test. I will have to internet that. Thank you.

• Haha
PK1

PK1

Supporter
grab a syrange and from theh bottom of the 4" rw, you can stick the syrange tip in and suck the water content out. I do two to three syrange water removal and store in a cup, then use ph/ec pen to check the levels.

I also think at your stage those girls should be on slabs. You don't want the roots to out grow from the bottom to much.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you could easly grow six or nine plants in there with the way your setup is. Uni-slabs come in long shapesthat you could have three plants on them.
I use the single uni-slab right after the 4inch cubes

DTpaws5

DTpaws5

I went without slabs on the advice of the nutrient Manufacture. I would normally use a Uni-Slab as you recommend. I am not sure about the 6 to 9 plants as four completely fill the 4x5 area. But I will keep that in mind thank you.

B6214A3B 57D6 4FB0 89DE 10FD1813311F
HunterBrandon

HunterBrandon

Your nutrients are not made for cannabis as the NPK ratio listed on parts A and B are for something else. The established NPK ratios for cannabis in hydro are 312 for veg and 132 for flower, generally. Your nutrients have almost no P. In flower, P is the one that gets increased as you see from the ratio. Easy fix is to go to eBay and grab a small 1 lb bag of Mono Potassium Phosphate. It has a weight of 50-52% Phosphate as well as 34% K or Potassium.

Since you've had bad luck picking what I call rip-off nutrients, why not take the minor splish and mix your own. You'll be in control of all the individual levers. You can start with small quantities of individual components purchased online from people who repackage from 50LB bags. Once you decide you like mixing and realize how awesome it is, then you can buy in bulk and save ridiculous money over premixed nonsense. $2/lb avg compared to $25/lb for watered down versions. The items I mix are the same thing found in premixed products. For N use Calcium Nitrate. It has a weight of only 15% N so you will use a lot in comparison to the next one which is P. For P use Mono Potassium Phosphate. For K you can either or both, Potassium Sulphate, sometimes called SOP for Sulphate of Potash. The other K is Potassim Nitrate (KNO3) which dissolves a little easier but is also an oxidizer so I mainly use it for foliar if I feel the need.

For flower, all you really need is N and P because the P has 34% K which works out right for the 132 ratio. You'll also need Magnesium Sulphate which is Epsom Salt, buy at Walgreens etc. Cal-Mag is nothing more than Calcium Nitrate and Epsom Salt, read the labels.

For mixing you need an electric corded drill and a long paint mixing tool, a scale the measures grams up to 150 or more, some measuring spoons, cups, shooting muffs, and a small flashlight.

Mixing tips which make it fun.

First, make sure you are sitting, not standing. No one wants to be standing around mixing all day. That sucks.
You'll need to be able to load, light, and smoke a bowl or a one hitter with one hand, like your right hand. That's why there's a stay-on button on the drill that makes it easier to hold with one hand, like your left hand.
Fill a 5 gal bucket about half way with water, add your weighed out nutrient of choice. One nutrient per mix bucket, don't mix them in the bucket because of the higher concentration.
Now turn your drill on and start mixing. Hold it with one hand and sit back and start smoking with the other hand. Now is a good time to ponder how lucky you are because how many other people are doing what you're doing. No one. I can guarantee you this.

My 35 gal Bloom system goes like this,
Calcium Nitrate - 160 grams
Mono Potas Phos 145 grams
Potas Sul 0 grams
Magnes Sulph 100 grams
Trace Elements 4-6 grams
Chelated Iron 4-6 grams

For PH up use Potassim Bicarbonate. If my system is at say 5.4 and I can raise it .2-.3 with 5 grams or about 1/2 teaspoon. Add more go higher.

There is huge room for error which is great. Just look how off your nutrients are ratio wise and your plants still made it. But when you dial it in, they really show their love back to you.

IBL Durban4

Top Bottom