Hydroponic Nutrients Tips:

• Thread starter SD grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SD grower

Im not new to growing but there is much I need to learn about nutrients.
Anyone have any advice on good organic hydroponic nutrients?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Are we talking hydro as in soiless medium or drip lines or a dwc? If u were going soiless ie Coco or promix I'd say any of the available organic nutrients would work for u. I'd recommend general organics or nectar for the gods. If we r talking dwc or a drip system I'd suggest nature's nectar. Very clear non clogging organic nutrients that work well. In any system. Good luck bro here's some positive vibes to u!

S

SD grower

Thanks tnelz

I'm unaware what DWC is. ? Thanks for your help I'll check out those brands right now I'm doing Gen. hydroponics in Hydroton Clay pellets. And if you can answer another question for me how often do you completely drain your reservoir and clean it out and add fresh water? Thanks for your time.

V

vek11

If your running dwc I would be careful with organics however there are soluable organic nutrient brands that must keep a pretty regulated temperature in your res!!!! Organic compounds need other elements, fungi and microbes to break down matter as a food source for plants. In dwc using soluable products is a benefit since the plants can uptake without much help.....

Tnelz

Tnelz

I totally agree with @vek11. That's solid advice. Easier to run a res with synthetics. But the nature's nectar is an organic nutrient built for hydro. Does just as good in soil though. Dwc is deep water culture. I don't run a res but I have grown dwc quite a few times so all I can really say about breaking the res down for cleaning is I did it every seven days and it worked really well. I'm sure u will get some attention from some hydro growers who can help u there more than me. Good luck bro!

420circuit

420circuit

Jack's for hydro works great for my nft system, and while it is not organic, the buds are fine as long as you flush for 10 days at the end. Botanicare worked well too, but since starting with the Jack's the simple mixing and no need to adjust pH have me sold. My DWC uses it too, gets changed every 2 weeks by using a drill operated pump from Harbor Freight and a 5 gallon bucket. Why do you want an organic grow?

Top Bottom