Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3lbfarmer

3lbfarmer

Anybody running this in recirc hydro with rockwool/hydroton buckets? My tap is 0.8 ec, but I mix about 90% RO until I reach 0.3 EC.

Most guys I see running it are soil but haven't seen much from recirc hydro, specifically ebb/flow buckets.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Anybody running this in recirc hydro with rockwool/hydroton buckets? My tap is 0.8 ec, but I mix about 90% RO until I reach 0.3 EC.

Most guys I see running it are soil but haven't seen much from recirc hydro, specifically ebb/flow buckets.
The RO/Soft formula is what you would want.
It works great for that.

3lbfarmer

3lbfarmer

.2 ec VB pH 5.5 - soak cloning plugs
5g/gal VB with 1g/5gal +LIFE ph 5.8 - out the dome under t5s
Push every 4-5 days
5-6g/gal from flip 12s - end of stretch
5g/gal VB with 1g/gal Shine ph 5.6 - till hairs start withering
Use run off, topped off with RO water ph 5.8 - end

Small adjustments for cheese and some lighter feeders

This works for most of the formulas in most mediums

When you run your irrigation make sure you blow thru any old stagnant solution in your medium.

And yes, I go hard right outta the dome, shit don't flinch

what is the recommended amount for Push? and can i spray only once a week?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

thanks bud so whats the difference with the Ro/soft and tap/hard formula wise? Are they adding more calmag to the ro/soft to compensate?
I believe that is the case.
I haven't compared the guaranteed analysis on both.
If someone that can post them, please do.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Looks like I'll be receiving my vb HD tomorrow. I've been running jacks hydro on the ladies and intend to switch them over to the vb tomorrow. I'm thinking I'll flush the pots down with the jacks until the runoff ec is like 0.5 and then switch over to the HD. Does this sound like a good move?

Also, the ladies are in 2 gal pots of coco/perlite, root bound, and ready for multi-feeds. Apparently the HD works best if irrigated multiple times daily, does 4x, day sound right?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Looks like I'll be receiving my vb HD tomorrow. I've been running jacks hydro on the ladies and intend to switch them over to the vb tomorrow. I'm thinking I'll flush the pots down with the jacks until the runoff ec is like 0.5 and then switch over to the HD. Does this sound like a good move?

Also, the ladies are in 2 gal pots of coco/perlite, root bound, and ready for multi-feeds. Apparently the HD works best if irrigated multiple times daily, does 4x, day sound right?
That sounds like a good starting point.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

From an email exchange with hr:

The [ph] drift only occurs when the nutes are left in environment for to long, I.E. sitting in your res overnight, or when it isn't being pushed through the growing medium fast enough. Thats why HD is recommended for people who water multiple times a day.

@whocares

W

whocares

From an email exchange with hr:

The [ph] drift only occurs when the nutes are left in environment for to long, I.E. sitting in your res overnight, or when it isn't being pushed through the growing medium fast enough. Thats why HD is recommended for people who water multiple times a day.

@whocares

I'm in beds watering 1x a day. Think it would work well?

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I couldn't tell you, @whocares , never ran beds and this is my first go round with v+b (filling my first Rez as I type this). But I'll tell you this, I had an informative email exchange with them today, they're super helpful and answered all my questions in detail and responded within an hour or two. I'd say shoot them an email (it's on their website) in the morning and they'll help you out.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I do the same. In dwc, works great for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom