Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Looks like it's the same principal as with canna or hg cocos. No need for calmag, just increase the base.

And I'm about over measuring my runoff ec, just did a slurry test and it was 0.8, been feeding at 1.3 and getting some pale growth. This is under 1k hortilux in aaws, 78 degree canopy temp with co2 around 1200, rh right under 60. Bumped up the feed to 1.5, I'll see how things go. Damn fungus gnats are having a field day...

str8med

str8med

I bumped up the feed as suggested and sprayed a little epsom salt. Everything is healthy with no leaf curl or burnt tips. I use tap water so my ec is about .24 with 115 ppms. The only difference is my meters conversion factor is a .7.......so our values will differ somewhat!

bdank

bdank

finished report:
Quality was top notch but yield was lacking compared to h&g. Of course environmental factors could have played their parts and new strains but overall I'm torn on wether to go back to H&G or stick with VB.

Natural

Natural

finished report:
Quality was top notch but yield was lacking compared to h&g. Of course environmental factors could have played their parts and new strains but overall I'm torn on wether to go back to H&G or stick with VB.
I don't like Dirty in Promix for veg, some strains seem to not like it for me...but the yields have been spectacular and that's without the +size using a fat tbsp of Dirty per 5 gal.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@Natural i run ro soft.. whats a good yield per 1000 for you?
My last run I hit 1.9 per 1k using HD. This is with no CO2, but a pretty dialed in White Fire Alien. Yielding well with V+B is possible, just gotta have the right genetics and a dialed room.

bdank

bdank

@CelticEBE thanks thats what i was looking for. Im going to give V+B another shot because the quality is so on point with the health of the ladies

DenBloom

DenBloom

Hey guys, been reading this thread a little and decided to just come on ask some questions. Been running the Lucas formula with decent success for the past 3 years, but just switched to veg bloom to make mixing easier. I'm using FloraFlex drippers (the subsurface 'T' drippers, 1GPH, in Rockwool (Delta 10 size blocks 4x4x4"), with tap water coming out around .3 EC (180-200 ppm on the 700 scale I believe) and after mixing getting to around 1.2 ec, with low mix rates, under 1tsp per gallon, DTW, anyways I called VB and they told me to go with the soft/RO version of VB. I'm tuning into nitrogen deficiencies, and possibly calcium issues. From what I have read people say cal mag isn't really needed with VB, but I haven't seen much about the RO/Soft version. Feeding at 5.8 Ph.

(On a side note, FloraFlex really make awesome products if anybody hasn't hear)

I was going to try adding 1-2 ml per gallon of Cal mag to see if they get any better.

I have also noticed some fallout in my reservoir, even though I head this product is super soluble. I mix well, with a recirculating pump and a PVC pipe, and the res has an air stone in it 24/7.

DenBloom

DenBloom

@CelticEBE @Natural any input on the above post would be awesome, forgot to tag you guys.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Hey guys, been reading this thread a little and decided to just come on ask some questions. Been running the Lucas formula with decent success for the past 3 years, but just switched to veg bloom to make mixing easier. I'm using FloraFlex drippers (the subsurface 'T' drippers, 1GPH, in Rockwool (Delta 10 size blocks 4x4x4"), with tap water coming out around .3 EC (180-200 ppm on the 700 scale I believe) and after mixing getting to around 1.2 ec, with low mix rates, under 1tsp per gallon, DTW, anyways I called VB and they told me to go with the soft/RO version of VB. I'm tuning into nitrogen deficiencies, and possibly calcium issues. From what I have read people say cal mag isn't really needed with VB, but I haven't seen much about the RO/Soft version. Feeding at 5.8 Ph.

I was going to try adding 1-2 ml per gallon of Cal mag to see if they get any better.

I have also noticed some fallout in my reservoir, even though I head this product is super soluble. I mix well, with a recirculating pump and a PVC pipe, and the res has an air stone in it 24/7.

What's the ec of your runoff?

bdank

bdank

they look hungry and in my experience some require more cal mag then whats in ro soft. i run veg ec at 1.6 and flower up to 1.9

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@DenBloom

I'm really bad when it comes to the EC stuff. I mix at 5 grams per gallon. I rarely check the EC.

The "fallout" you are seeing isn't fall out. I'm pretty sure it's fulvic from what one of the guys told me at the expo.

Natural

Natural

my opinion..
you are looking locked out bud..I started seeing this on some prized genetics so I switched it up and using something else for veg. I'm in promix using Dirty. I followed their advice and hardened my RO stock water with CalMag to around .3 EC and still saw problems.
I know in Hydro you cats need a much higher EC than us guys in peat...but this stuff needs a ton of CalMag to help with uptake in veg..exactly why I'm not sure. Some of my light feeders did fine..picky eaters did not. I like it for flower alot though..go figure. My advice..go back to what worked for you in veg. Or at least up your CalMag and feed...not just 2-3 ml of CalMag..more like 5-7 ml

DenBloom

DenBloom

Thanks guys @Natural @bdank @CelticEBE @Savage Henry ill check runoff EC tonight, think a flush is in order before cal mag to get them back to up taking?

Natural

Natural

Thanks guys @Natural @bdank @CelticEBE @Savage Henry ill check runoff EC tonight, think a flush is in order before cal mag to get them back to up taking?
easy enough in RW right? what could it hurt?

DenBloom

DenBloom

I have pretty extensive experience with GH products, but want to broaden my reach in case there are better options out there. I've used GH's flush stuff before, florkleen I think it is, any particular solution you guys prefer for flushing? Might just go with plain water, possibly tap water and cal mag, I've heard of people going with that.

Top Bottom