Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Are people using Shine at the same rate as Size? Just curious as I am about to order some here soon.

Anyone ever have issues with TOO much N when using this product? I've had a couple runs where the excessive N actually slowed transition and significantly effected flower development.
If you are using Size, I have noticed that bud development happens a bit later than with most bloom boosters, it creeps up on you. I'd be sitting there in week 4 thinking to myself that something went wrong but then at the end of week 7 (on a 9 week strain), everything was perfect.

I even spoke to Chris about it and he confirmed this. I will see if I can dig up the email sometime soon.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Are people using Shine at the same rate as Size? Just curious as I am about to order some here soon.

If you are using Size, I have noticed that bud development happens a bit later than with most bloom boosters, it creeps up on you. I'd be sitting there in week 4 thinking to myself that something went wrong but then at the end of week 7 (on a 9 week strain), everything was perfect.

I even spoke to Chris about it and he confirmed this. I will see if I can dig up the email sometime soon.
I agree with you on that.
It's almost like they're gearing up and then bam!
I have a couple weeks left and daily I can see a difference.

I believe Shine is the same exact thing as +Size.

Last edited:
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I agree with you on that.
It's almost like they're gearing up and then bam!
I have a couple weeks left and daily I can see a difference.

I believe Shine is the same exact thing as +Size.
I know there are some differences. Chris told me the bud swell lag had been addressed.

So you are using it at the same usage rate? I gotta tell ya, I'm in love with the looks of that JSD. I think I am gonna have to get a few packs and pray for that pink pheno.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I know there are some differences. Chris told me the bud swell lag had been addressed.

So you are using it at the same usage rate? I gotta tell ya, I'm in love with the looks of that JSD. I think I am gonna have to get a few packs and pray for that pink pheno.
I didn't know it had changed.
I only have +Size.
I will have to do some research on the Shine so I don't give out false info.
I do plan on ordering the largest size I can get in all there stuff.
What is everyone's thoughts on the +Life and Push?
I also highly recommend the JSD. I'll get some pics up. Shits getting bigger than my forearm.
They are elephant dicks.

mancdank

mancdank

I only have +Size.
I also highly recommend the JSD. I'll get some pics up. Shits getting bigger than my forearm.
They are elephant dicks.
Is jsd that haze type hybrid ?

ill eagle

ill eagle

Beta-tested and helped research shine for the guys. Much more intense formula than size. I was told to play with it right before flower so I applied it and bam, shorter beefier trees. Also from week 2.5sh thru flower, 1-2x a week, cakey buds. Nother thing I liked was it really pushed the strains smell way up too

mancdank

mancdank

Not sure man. I have the clone. I didn't get it in seed form.
Storks magically dropped it off.
I wish the storks would hook me up lol I've been searching for a nice haze for a while asking these haze guys for a cut of there elite is like asking for there daughters virginity :)

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I only have +Size.
They are elephant dicks.

I've been using LIFE for a while now, and while I probably use it a bit different in application than others, it seems to do the trick. I am going to be making tea's again here soon though and will be switching back to OG Biowar at that time.

As far as PUSH goes, that stuff is the bomb. I have never seen such noticeable growth after an application like I do with PUSH.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Beta-tested and helped research shine for the guys. Much more intense formula than size. I was told to play with it right before flower so I applied it and bam, shorter beefier trees. Also from week 2.5sh thru flower, 1-2x a week, cakey buds. Nother thing I liked was it really pushed the strains smell way up too

Does it seem to cut down on the calyx push? I've noticed that with Size I get a little bit of foxtailing, not as bad as I have seen with some other boosters, just enough to unnerve me though.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I haven't used any other product's from HR, I tried to simply swap the V+B out with my base and it was a straight swap. I still love the concept behind this product and will definitely continue to play with it.

Thanks for the feedback guys

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I'm still having issues lol, I think it's because of my gavitas(looks like a mag def) Im working it out tho I think.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

This plant I moved back under the 1k mh and it started greening back up
20160129 212356 1

This plant looked perfect in veg under the mh but after a few days under the gavitas(about 36" away, I started them at 400w) it started doing this, it started to wrinkle(2) and now has some weird spots.

20160129 212215 1 1

Nothing is as green as I want it to be, [email protected],using protek for ph up, ph6.0, temp is 78, humidity is 65-70, co2 is 400, all in pure coco

The last feed I dropped the pH to 5.8 I moved the worst plants back to veg where everything looked fine, there should be plenty of nitrogen everything looked great in veg.

For some reason I think it has to be sumin stupid lol, awhile back I treated these plants with merit75. I have 0 flyers(had ra's) it has sumin to do with the gavitas(750s) the shorter plants are doing better than the taller ones but still looked better in veg.
-lurkin

ill eagle

ill eagle

My gavitas are 4-5' from tops, I've found a few pheno types that prefer less intense light as well. Consistency is key, find the sweet spot ec for each stain. More or less 5.5g/gal works like a charm for me

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

The only thing I can think to tell you is maybe feed a bit heavier. As I've mentioned before, I don't really check my ppm/ec, I just measure between 5 to 6 grams a gallon depending on what style I am growing.

Have you scoped for Mites? Just bringing that up because of the spots.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I'll scope again tonight, I've found no pests besides ra that I took care of. My ceilings are only 8' and my gavitas are 750s, seemed to still happen on 400w mode.

I def need higher ceilings =x

-lurkin

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

This plant I moved back under the 1k mh and it started greening back up
View attachment 568706

This plant looked perfect in veg under the mh but after a few days under the gavitas(about 36" away, I started them at 400w) it started doing this, it started to wrinkle(2) and now has some weird spots.

View attachment 568707

Nothing is as green as I want it to be, [email protected],using protek for ph up, ph6.0, temp is 78, humidity is 65-70, co2 is 400, all in pure coco

The last feed I dropped the pH to 5.8 I moved the worst plants back to veg where everything looked fine, there should be plenty of nitrogen everything looked great in veg.

For some reason I think it has to be sumin stupid lol, awhile back I treated these plants with merit75. I have 0 flyers(had ra's) it has sumin to do with the gavitas(750s) the shorter plants are doing better than the taller ones but still looked better in veg.
-lurkin

Have you tried running without the silica?

Top Bottom