Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Not in flower, I'm currently using 40-50 ml to get to 5.8ph. I havent tried to not use it yet, do you think I'm locking out k? I'm not sure exactly what veg+blooms ratios are, it does seem alot if people are having good luck with it. Any one know what the trace mix is lole n in v+b? I was thinking of mabe adding a little m.o.s.t to the mix, I'll take another pic today of a different plant that I believe is a mag-.

-lurkin

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

40-50ml into how much solution?

Ph'ing with potassium silicate will up your potassium levels, which coco is already notoriously high for. I know that high K shows as mag deficiency initially before it starts to fuck with ph.

The wrinkling looks like the leaves are just growing super fast- are you using RO water?

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

Hey
I am useing V&B HD.
For flowering this stuff is amazing!!
Yet using in veg is very under whelming (at least for me)
I ended up getting some maxigro and got results after the first feed.
How are y 'all doing using V&B in veg??

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I sorry I forgot the res size, thatd be per 40-45 gal. I'll cut out the protek, I know coco has some k I don't know what v+b has in it. I'll use some ph up for the next few feedings.

-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Hey
I am useing V&B HD.

Mine are not as green as I'd like, what media you in?

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

i used v+b dirty last year on my guerilla grow and i added golden tree in flower and killed it on my delahaze's.. i got $250 a ounce here for my guerilla grown stuff lol. im gonna be using the same thing again next year with 1 addition which will be the osa/28. i was wanting to know if any of u guys use +size as foliar? i bought a pound of it last year but never got around to using it once i seen how well stuff was doing with the golden tree,but i dont beleive in wasting money so i have a pound that i would like to use in veg this year. thanks guys! i just now found this thread and i havent read it all yet,so if the info in is the first 10 pages i will find it tomorrow when i wake up to start reading this whole thread. i should add that in veg i used maxi gro and vitazyme and had some frankenstein plants going into flower.

Quantrill

Quantrill

Lurk4yrs,
Lurkin4years
Here is what the calcs look like for your stated mix, or atleast as close as i could guess with the info given.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Yes on the ro aswell, veg+bloom hd

True that. Ya idk my experience has always been in tap which has more of a buffer for mag...def drop the silica and ph with something not potassium based. I'd add Epsom or possibly even a little cal-mag that's calnit and mag sulfate based for a few feelings if you're still seeing deficiency at 1.8 and no protekt.

Just out of curiosity what is the ph prior to adjustment when you mix your VB?

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

@Quantrill thanks brother, I can't tell but how much k did the protek add? 25 ppm or so? You have any info on +size?

@We Solidarity ur right k does look high(possible lock out), I'll stop the protek. My ph before I ajust is 5.3-5.4 I'm on a well that's 800ppm lol so I have to use ro.

@Smokey503ski my balls ain't big enough to try that lol

Here's a pic of the other plant I'm talking about, some people would say humidity but my vpd looks good. It is a og, I'm thinking mag-.

20160131 211016

Quantrill

Quantrill

how much k did the protek add? 25 ppm or so? You have any info on +size?

only about 7 ppm k from one mL protekt per gallon.

I've no info on the +size, though i believe it is atleast partially phosphite?
Lurkin4years detailed ppm per substance

ill eagle

ill eagle

May also want to try using the HD in conjunction with The ro soft VB to manage any pH problems. I use a combo of tap water and filtered water to get my starting EC around .2-.3 and then drop in the HD. This keeps the PH from getting too low in the medium between feelings. I know lots of big commercial guys in Colorado that use Ro soft as their base in coco and HD as a weekly suppliment for organics and they are crushing on a massive scale. They don't have the hardness in their water so the HD drops their pH too low. I use HD start to finish but I'm working with a different water source. Make sense?

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Hey
I am useing V&B HD.
hey i found maxi gro works way better for me in veg,sounds like u and i found out the same thing lol i was getting all sorts of fuck ups outdoors with it in veg last year and once i switched to maxi gro shit greened up and took off like a rock. when i transition into flower i used 50/50 maxi gro & v+b dirty. started on week 3 with full dose of v+b and golden tree. im gonna use hydroplex this year in flower since i have a bunch of samples of it.

Wisher619

Wisher619

hello guys....for my next run I am thinkin of using V&B in coco.....I use RO as my water is 697 out of the tap.....would CalMg+ be a good coice to bring my base up before adding the V&B or will that throw off my N???

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

hello guys....for my next run I am thinkin of using V&B in coco.....I use RO as my water is 697 out of the tap.....would CalMg+ be a good coice to bring my base up before adding the V&B or will that throw off my N???
ive never needed cal/mag with V+b. the dirty has 10% calcium already in it but i do use oyster shell flour,basalt rock dust,azomite and gypsum in my soil so that could be another reason i dont need it. im sure one the other guys here will have better advice about it.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I would be running pure coco which is basically a hydroponic setup DTW at 10% twice daily....no amendments to coco

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I would be running pure coco which is basically a hydroponic setup DTW at 10% twice daily....no amendments to coco
Really kind of plant dependent. My Skywalker is the ONLY plant in my stable that I have to hit with a little bit of cal-mag. I should add that I am in a 70/30 coco perlite mix.

From what I understand the HD has a bit more cal-mag than the other formulations. Id say give it a shot and if you need the extra cal mag then hit em with some.

Personally, I have been using a blend of tap and dirty for the last year and I am pleased as punch. I'm gonna order some HD here soon for a test run.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Thnx for the advice....I have been running a Blue Dream x Platinum GSC and she sucks the Cal down like crazy...also V&B has no posts of there analysis on NPK and all that so just tryin to get a feel in the V&B community

Top Bottom