Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

i have a question on your hydroponic system.
Before you ask....I will just tell you what I am doing and you can go from there.

Current setup is 4k 9 plants per light in 5 gallon smart pots with coco/perlite. I water 10 gallons when the lights come on, then 5 gallons about 6 hours later. I am watering with a Leader 240, Octabublers, and Tophat system. I currently do not water to waste so I cut down on my ppm.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

It's still a one part nutrient, just because they have add-ons doesn't make it anything else. A steak is still a steak, regardless if there's a Caesar salad or potatoes and gravy. It's hard to make a dollar selling nutrients with an honest markup, especially when hydro stores won't carry the products because it hurts their sales so much. The add-one from HR are definitely at more of a markup but it's justified by paying .15 cents a gallon for food vs .70-1.00...using the amendments it shouldnt push your cost per lb farther than another 2-3 bucks.
ya i agree with u. i did buy a 250 ml bottle of it so i can use it on a couple of my best plants this year which will most likely be panama,malawi,Hso blueberry headband, and moby dick as they seem to have incredible vigor right now in the jiffy pots. i use maxi gro for veg and then at first site of flower i use 50/50 of maxi gro/V+b dirty till week 3 then go st8 dirty and had great results last year. im gonna look into this heavy 16 folair that Cbee says he likes and see happens

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I could be wrong on this, but it seems that the HD is more finely ground and dissolves a bit better than my Tap/Dirty mix.

I'm wondering if Shine is more fine than Size.

I've been having issues with my filter clogging with particles. I've essentially just done away with it at this point, as I was having to clean it once a day and my tophats don't seem to be clogging. I'm almost considering a different watering system at this point.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey Celtic, I bet you're right. HD is formulated for hydro or inert media so it has to be better pulverized. Makes sense.

Not sure about anyone else but I run a 24/7 mixing pump that flumes. Can't have too much o2 nor mixing IMO

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Thanks, I was looking in the Our Products and not the SHOP category.
I know it sounds like I am hyping the product, but it really is the best foliar I have used IMHO.
Hey cbee when do u start using push? my plants have just completed their 2nd node from seed. i also just ordered a liter of the H16 foliar =)

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Hey Celtic, I bet you're right. HD is formulated for hydro or inert media so it has to be better pulverized. Makes sense.

Not sure about anyone else but I run a 24/7 mixing pump that flumes. Can't have too much o2 nor mixing IMO
I do the same thing. I've been a firm believer of fluming ever since Seamaiden turned me onto it.

Hey cbee when do u start using push? my plants have just completed their 2nd node from seed. i also just ordered a liter of the H16 foliar =)
I'd probably wait til you hit at least 5 nodes before hitting them with full strength PUSH. You may want to lightly mist them with 1/4 or 1/2 strength.

Natural

Natural

I could be wrong on this, but it seems that the HD is more finely ground and dissolves a bit better than my Tap/Dirty mix.

I'm wondering if Shine is more fine than Size.

I've been having issues with my filter clogging with particles. I've essentially just done away with it at this point, as I was having to clean it once a day and my tophats don't seem to be clogging. I'm almost considering a different watering system at this point.
I'm not positive but I keep hearing the particles left over in the Dirty is a carrier probably mica. Weighing out carefully and dissolving Dirty..I can get the particles to settle out after a bit. My EC measurements seem to be on point to what they should be..so I don't think whatever is not dissolving to be nutrients.
I am wand watering right now..but would love to change that up close to what you do. The particles seem to be the worst part of this idea. What about pouring the Dirty into a paint strainer bag and just let it hang out in the bucket like we do with aact?

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

I'd probably wait til you hit at least 5 nodes before hitting them with full strength PUSH. You may want to lightly mist them with 1/4 or 1/2 strength.
cool thanks Celtic! i will just wait till they get a big bigger. they are growing really nice right now so i dont want to taake a chance and maybe fuck them up. i will just keep misting them with the liquid karma and rhizotonic.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

The HR guys assured me they include enzymes in both HD and Dirty. They asked me politely to run straight HR one round and I said I would before I ran out of money and product. Sad face.
I'm still a huge believer in SLF100 no matter what to break everything down. Way too many benefits not to.
@Celtic , SLF might help you break down granules?
@Natural - paint strainer bag. Exactly what I've been looking for to sachet bug frass.
@Savage Henry ....

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

The HR guys assured me they include enzymes in both HD and Dirty. They asked me politely to run straight HR one round and I said I would before I ran out of money and product. Sad face.
I'm still a huge believer in SLF100 no matter what to break everything down. Way too many benefits not to.
@Celtic , SLF might help you break down granules?
@Natural - paint strainer bag. Exactly what I've been looking for to sachet bug frass.
@Savage Henry ....
i like growmore's bio-cozyme out all the enzymes ive tried. i still have nearly a full bottle of cannazym that i will prolly never use lol. ive never heard of the SLF100. im gonna have to look it up right now and see what's up.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

i like growmore's bio-cozyme out all the enzymes ive tried. i still have nearly a full bottle of cannazym that i will prolly never use lol. ive never heard of the SLF100. im gonna have to look it up right now and see what's up.
Its fully legit. Best grower I've ever seen (who runs a high end grow shop at that) is a good friend and he swears by it end to end of lifecycle.
A friend on Vegamatrix now agrees too and these guys are masters. There's a YouTube video showing test and control.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Its fully legit. Best grower I've ever seen (who runs a high end grow shop at that) is a good friend and he swears by it end to end of lifecycle.
A friend on Vegamatrix now agrees too and these guys are masters. There's a YouTube video showing test and control.
thanks funk! i have been checking it out. once i run out bio-cozyme i may give it a shot. i been sitting here figuring out my veg and bloom foliar feeding reciepe lol. i think for veg-2weeks of bloom im gonna be using Push,h16 folair,osa/28 and sea-green for mid to late bloom its canna boost,tru-blooms and bud factor x or snow storm ultra.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Damn, that sounds complicated dude! Sometimes less is more
lol ya after looking at the ingredients of push i have since decided to just use H-16 foliar & sea-green for veg and canna boost and bud factor x for flower on my main crops. i'll do a few different things on some test plants to see what best combo is. i like being a mad scientist!

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

lol ya after looking at the ingredients of push i have since decided to just use H-16 foliar & sea-green for veg and canna boost and bud factor x for flower on my main crops. i'll do a few different things on some test plants to see what best combo is. i like being a mad scientist!
I think like this... but the V+B guys asked me really nicely to just give their stuff a run. Even just the base.
That they admitted to, it contains NPK, silica, enzymes, and salt friendly bacteria. Im sure theres even more in it. Not sure you need to add a lot more.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Damn, that sounds complicated dude! Sometimes less is more
Agreed and you've led us, Eagle. Serious thank you again.. you're the one who got me on to this line. And Im sorry to repeat myself, but you recirc your stuff always then just top off? Im considering doing this and following your lead but I thought drain to waste was REALLY supposed to be important to prevent lockout?

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

I think like this... but the V+B guys asked me really nicely to just give their stuff a run. Even just the base.
That they admitted to, it contains NPK, silica, enzymes, and salt friendly bacteria. Im sure theres even more in it. Not sure you need to add a lot more.
they use to have a PDF on their website that showed it has silica,aminos and few more things but the silica was super low like 0.1 or something like that. im not sure the PDF is still on there bc i havent looked in a while.. i did V+B dirty last year. i have a entire journal on IC outdoor section,it was super frosty but i only ran it in flower. i didnt like the growth i got in veg on it so i went back to maxi-gro for veg.. i cant give up my canna boost and bud factor x lol i will always grow with those 2 additivs no matter what i use. i also like to add a bit more silica then what is in V+B,bc i gotta have super thick leaves and stems to survive the settings of guerilla growing... i really like V+B though and will be using it again this year for flower. i only grow outdoor though bc indoors i would be to paranoid about the law. i still live in a nazi state

MediNice

MediNice

Is anyone using the Hydroponic Research veg formula called RMX? I am about to start a trial room with it and then switch to DOS for flower coupled with Shine and the foliar. Crossing my fingers as I have never ran HR. Any tips appreciated.

Top Bottom