Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
str8med

str8med

Ive used the product off and on over the last year with okay results. I must say the NPK numbers on the containers must be off or there is some missing factors we dont know about. Im in coco now and using the HD product. I had issues with my vegging plants so i went to ig to read up on some others experiences. I must say, you have to read the comments of other growers rather than look at pictures showing a supposed end result. Chris told another grower that he actually recommended using the RO product in veg if you are in straight coco. So this implies that the HD product is tailored for Bloom. I have read that people use it in veg but words are but just words without well defined reasons. If you like, I will try to find that conversation and post it here for you to tell us your take and give others a chance to tell us factors that might lead to different results over environment. I used the Dirty in pro mix without any of the other additives with okay results as well. I use the word okay more as a positive than a negative. Lets just say I was not disappointed.

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

I've seen HD fuck up coco. I'm in coco and do 5 days RO and two days of HD. Might be a bit too much carbon in HD for coco, the jungle boys kill it in wool with the HD tho for sure.

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

HD has a different pH and C:N ratio than RO.

HD also incorporates bio-polymers and more amino chelated secondary nutes.

Try running your pH lower if you're in coco using HD to account for post irrigation nitrogen conversion.

str8med

str8med

We can find many factors that make veg&bloom the go to for many growers. If you are just starting out or just want to do something different....this is the way to go. I dont see anything wrong with lowering your feed and adding P or K at certain times of flowering. Its different for different grow styles. I suggest playing with your feed and lower is more when you are loading up on proteins carbs...hense the reason feed ......feed....water or whatever works for some. Thanks for the time.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

A while back Chris told me that TAP worked a little better in Veg than HD....or the blend of Tap and Dirty I had been using. Nonetheless I'm in a Coco/Perlite mix and my well water comes out slightly acidic at .6.4. I've not seen any issues with the HD in my set up so far.

By no means am I saying that it is hands down the end all be all of nutrients. To me, nutrients are just a small part of the equation. Environment and Genetics are more important factors than nutes are if you ask me.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I've had slight N issues with this product in Flower. Flower's never quite developed, but I'm naturally heavy handed with nutrients because I crank CO2 and keep the DE's close, so I was running this product around 1000 ppms or more.

I may circle back to V+B in the future because it is simple, but it will need to be tweaked to work for me, such as additional Cal/Mg and PK's. I'm not convinced that their additives are unique (osa included).

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I've had slight N issues with this product in Flower. Flower's never quite developed, but I'm naturally heavy handed with nutrients because I crank CO2 and keep the DE's close, so I was running this product around 1000 ppms or more.

I may circle back to V+B in the future because it is simple, but it will need to be tweaked to work for me, such as additional Cal/Mg and PK's. I'm not convinced that their additives are unique (osa included).

Were you using HD or RO?

I've always been under the impression that Flowering used a lot more N than most people like to think it does.

I wouldn't think 1000 ppms would be that heavy of a feed with CO2 and DE's....especially if your VPD levels are on point.

FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

So after screwing up using dirty in tupur soil, I flushed them out with tap water, on the next feeding I fed them with HD in RO water 6-700 ppm ph@ 5.8, here's a pic a day after and they seem to getting their lush green coloring back, if any of you see something wrong I'm doing feel free to let me know.. Anybody know why some leaves are curling ? Too much light maybe?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

So after screwing up using dirty in tupur soil, I flushed them out with tap water, on the next feeding I fed them with HD in RO water 6-700 ppm ph@ 5.8, here's a pic a day after and they seem to getting their lush green coloring back, if any of you see something wrong I'm doing feel free to let me know.. Anybody know why some leaves are curling ? Too much light maybe?
First problem is using RO water with HD. You have to use a starting point of 100 ppm water.
EC seems a little low. Same as feed times. Tupur is meant to be fed multiple times a day.
It's what I'm using this round. HD and Tupur.
I feed 5.5-6 grams per gallon HD.
I feed 20 seconds every 2 hours in a dtw.
I'll get some pics this evening.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

I did last time, still doesn't resolve the high N which the roots are feeding on
im not concerned with the N..i think its the perfect amount tbh..i have never had issues u describe and plants need a good amount of N in flower imo.. i was just wanting to know the results u had with +size as folair.
Never had a problem with high nitrogen with the HD formula. Add ing + size decreases the N in flower. My finish times are the same also. Flavors and smell are great.
+1

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Ive used the product off and on over the last year with okay results. I must say the NPK numbers on the containers must be off or there is some missing factors we dont know about. Im in coco now and using the HD product. I had issues with my vegging plants so i went to ig to read up on some others experiences. I must say, you have to read the comments of other growers rather than look at pictures showing a supposed end result. Chris told another grower that he actually recommended using the RO product in veg if you are in straight coco. So this implies that the HD product is tailored for Bloom. I have read that people use it in veg but words are but just words without well defined reasons. If you like, I will try to find that conversation and post it here for you to tell us your take and give others a chance to tell us factors that might lead to different results over environment. I used the Dirty in pro mix without any of the other additives with okay results as well. I use the word okay more as a positive than a negative. Lets just say I was not disappointed.
i have found that using maxigro for veg and V+b dirty for flower produced alot bigger and better plants then just the V+B all the way through

FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

What's you're feeding schedule like? Do you still feed if the soil is still drenched in water? I
First problem is using RO water with HD. You have to use a starting point of 100 ppm water.
EC seems a little low. Same as feed times. Tupur is meant to be fed multiple times a day.
So you still feed even if the coco is drenched

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

What's you're feeding schedule like? Do you still feed if the soil is still drenched in water? I

So you still feed even if the coco is drenched

It's in the bottom quote.
Try to practice calling your medium by what it is.
Tupur is not a soil and should not be treated as such.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

im not concerned with the N..i think its the perfect amount tbh..i have never had issues u describe and plants need a good amount of N in flower imo.. i was just wanting to know the results u had with +size as folair.

+1

I did not use +Size as foliar. You should drop my my Hail Hydro thread to see how quickly using bonafide bloom nutes changes the landscape

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I was using RO.

1000ppms is a relatively light feed under those conditions, with H&G I'll average 1200-1500.

I suppose it could be a VPD issue.

I'm going to try it again soon with sufficient runoff.
@CelticEBE

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

@GR33NL3AF out of curiosity, are you talking 500 or 700 scale on your ppms?

Top Bottom