Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xeamonk

xeamonk

Still using the cocotek for veg though :)

Just gave my girls a dose of the good stuff and I gotta say, they seem to actually like it :)

maybe its some of the adds they use. aint no chitosan and aminos and such in CocoTek

C

Clcgrown

Hi, im going to be running vegbloom ro soft finally on my next run.. My tap water is 0.2ec would I need to add any calmag to 0.3ec or is 0.2 okay?

sixstring

sixstring

try it and see. i find if your water is lower than .3 the vb drops the ph down below 5.8 which sucks for me so then im fighting it back up to 6.0. if i add 8ml calmag to my ro water first the vb mixes better,like 6.2 everyones tap water is diff so just try it.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Hey sixstring, I have 2 unused V + B RO. I switched a few years back as I could not get my mind around using high N in flower, nor at that time, did they have bloom boosters. I switched to Emerald Harvest, which works great, but damn, mixing all the jugs is a RPITA. 2 grows back, I switched to NPK RAW veg and bloom + amendments, but ran into issues, most likely the culprit was their microbes.

For this grow, I am back to EH only because I have a lot of it.

I just received my sample of Mega Crop. Do you have any experience with it? Eventually, I will go back to HR again, because I have 2 pounds

sixstring

sixstring

Hey sixstring, I have 2 unused V + B RO. I switched a few years back as I could not get my mind around using high N in flower, nor at that time, did they have bloom boosters. I switched to Emerald Harvest, which works great, but damn, mixing all the jugs is a RPITA. 2 grows back, I switched to NPK RAW veg and bloom + amendments, but ran into issues, most likely the culprit was their microbes.

For this grow, I am back to EH only because I have a lot of it.

I just received my sample of Mega Crop. Do you have any experience with it? Eventually, I will go back to HR again, because I have 2 pounds
no exp with megacrop but i know a few guys using it that love the stuff. maybe @Rootbound will see this and give some tips.but i dont know of anyone using it in hydro

xeamonk

xeamonk

Hi, im going to be running vegbloom ro soft finally on my next run.. My tap water is 0.2ec would I need to add any calmag to 0.3ec or is 0.2 okay?

I mix RO with well water to 100ppm and had no problems until I start pushing 1.2ec and thats where the V+B starts to drive the pH down and I start using pH up to balance instead of acid, which im used to. Using 125ppm water fixes this.

V+B has plenty of Ca and Mg IMO but the company recommends you use it to harden your water if you are using straight RO and dont want to use tap or well water.

I had to mix many a jug and watch it to get where I knew what it would do with various ppms starting water but now that I know how it behaves its easy to predict it.

xeamonk

xeamonk

no exp with megacrop but i know a few guys using it that love the stuff. maybe @Rootbound will see this and give some tips.but i dont know of anyone using it in hydro

I used V+B last run but I'm using Mega Crop now on a mini tent and it seems to work almost the same as V+B as far as mixing and pH, super easy, and this stuff is great too. My plants seem to love it just the same, only thing is the extra N... kinda high for late bloom

sixstring

sixstring

I used V+B last run but I'm using Mega Crop now on a mini tent and it seems to work almost the same as V+B as far as mixing and pH, super easy, and this stuff is great too. My plants seem to love it just the same, only thing is the extra N... kinda high for late bloom
You in soil coco or hydro?

P

Pimples

My tap is 0.2 ec. Ive ran all the hydroponic nutrient brands in coco coir pots..rockwool..and peat mixes and never had to use a calmag supplement. Most of the brands..especailly coco specific nute lines..have a ton of calcium nitrate and magnesium already in them. I did have to bump up my tap to about 0.3 or 0.4 with calmag for mag hungry strains and using one part Ionic. This was awhile ago and plants were in coco coir. They dont make a coco specific Ionic (they used to) here in America and the regular Ionic is a little low in calcium and magnesium for some strains in coco. But other than that..never had to use a calmag bottle. I have one. But it sits on the shelf collecting dust. Veg+Bloom...Canna..Cocotek..House & Garden and the rest of the coco nutes have plenty. If your using close to zero r.o. water maybe thats a different story. But if your start water is fairly clean at 0.2 to 0.5 ec...then you should be good with most of the brands. And Iam using alot of light for a home basement grow. 4800 watts of Gavita in one flower room and 4000 watts of regular hps in another. With a veg room packed with halides and t5's.

C

Clcgrown

Okay cool. I'm running canna now and out my water to 0.4ec with calmag as they claim all water should start at 0.4ec when using any canna brand. Could I happily use vegbloom with 0.2ec and not add anything else? I thought adding calmag would cause a lockout due to the high amounts of cal and mag in vb

Wisher619

Wisher619

I believe VegBloom is supposedly coming out with a CaMg for VB
Honestly though
I dont think they should be able to claim a 1part dry powder
I believe the only place it actually works would be San Diego Tap water
anywhere else it is at least a 3 part
CaMg +VB+Ph up/down = 3 part

C

Clcgrown

Honestly though

What do you use ro or tap water? If so what ec do you bring your water to before adding vegbloom

P

Pimples

Make your starting water 0..4 ec. Whether you have to get it there by adding calmag or subtracting with r.o. Then add the base at 1.2. You should have 1.6 ec total. Try that and see what happens. Watch your pH as well. Keep that in the sweet zone as per medium requirements. For coco coir I like 5.8 to 6.2. Pretty much 6.0 all the way and Iam there.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Yes It absolutely does, but I've found out you'll definitely want to add cal mag

I've been on V+B for 4 years now. I've only ever needed Cal+Mag for two strains. My Skywalker and a Chem x OG.

I do use H16 foliar weekly though.....and that stuff has like 3 different sources of Calcium.

Honestly though

Stack Swell is the new product.

I've only used V+B in LA, where my water was absolute SHIT....and NorCal well water, which is actually incredible (200ppm and 6.4).

Down in LA....I had to adjust things a bit. I did a tap cut with ro and ran a blend of V+B TAP and Dirty. Up here in NorCal.....I run HD....with NO issues concerning ph or cal/mag deficiencies.

I think it really depends on your starting water quality. If your lucky enough to have good starting water, then you can take advantage of the simplicity of V+B.

Latest posts

Top Bottom