Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
James9018

James9018

been reading through hundreds of pages and cant find anyone talking about these nutes in recirc hydro with no grow medium. I grow in a nft hybrid and DWC. The roots dangle into the water with no medium.

My tap water is 150-180ppm (EC x 500) should i use the Veg+Bloom Ro/Soft and is it PH stable after adjusting the first time?
Also is +life worth using in hydro when there is no media - tap water may contain small amounts of chlorine does this cause issues for +life?

cheers

James9018

James9018

Has everyone disappeared from this thread now? It seemed this nute company was going wild with everyone interested now seems to have died down?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

No I don't personally, I'm a soil grower but have some friends who use it with get results

C

Cleancanna

How has the new stackswell worked for you guys? The transition from calmag to stackswell for me is going decently smooth. I use vegbloom RO/soft with 13ppm starting RO water. I noticed that when using 1g/gallon of stackswell that my reservoir’s PH is not stable anymore. Meaning i have to re-ph daily due to my PH risin. With calmag i did not experience pretty much any PH swing in my res. I am committed to fully learning stackswell and not reverting back to calmag

C

Cleancanna

The push was the calmag silica source before. The stack well I havent used yet. What medium are you in?
I am in pure coco, with their RO/soft formula they always recommended raising the starting water EC to .3 (150ppm) with calmag. Now they reccomend their new product, stack swell at 1g per gallon

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Has everyone disappeared from this thread now? It seemed this nute company was going wild with everyone interested now seems to have died down?

V+B is great but running the amounts of nutes I run each week it would cost me over 100 bucks a week so not using it anymore. They have been around a while so if you are on the fence about them pull the trigger if you think they would be a good fit. I have nothing but good things to say about them except the cost on the big scale. Looking at my emails it was 6 years ago when Chris hooked me up with some samples lol. Time flies.

3 balls

3 balls

Sorry if it's somewhere in the 43 pages already, I didn't see it. Can I sprinkle Life on my roots when transplanting out of the cloner the same as I would with Great White or Clonex's mycorrhizae? Thanks

BMerk

BMerk

Does anyone have experience with using Veg + Bloom with autopots? I’ve heard autopots valves get stuck sometimes?

Thanks in advance.

3 balls

3 balls

yes sir
sits at ph 3.5-4.0

My OG rooting
View attachment 790130

My X's rooting
View attachment 790131

I was told it has something to do with the rhizosphere and the Media controling the ph....
way against my 25 years of experience but it works
a carolina reaper grown with it as well
View attachment 790132
Holy sheep shit, those look awesome! I'm about to fill a lid and came to check on V&B cloner strength. I talked to the Regalia rep. earlier this month and he was telling me about insane results I should expect... Now this... 3.5 to 4.0? I would assume you were a crazy person if you didn't have a million likes. Decisions, decisions..

P

PharmHand

I’m experiencing all the same issues everyone else complains of in this thread: pale, underfed looking plants with purple stems. Plants started out looking mint coming from vegging w a different nute line. VB from day one of flower 5g/gal ro soft, mixed exactly how they recommend bring start water to 120 ppm w calmag mixing w a pump for 15min etc etc. I tried upping food to 5.5g/gal then 6 and am seeing zero improvement. I’ve been at this growing thing awhile and like to think I know how to read plants and adjust accordingly but honestly this nute line seems to be not suitable for larger containers of coco in a dialed environment that encourages maximum growth. Like previous posters have mentioned the high levels of potassium seem to be locking out first mag then eventually everything else. So incredibly disappointed...... I should have looked into the earlier posts of people having success w it..... They all had vented rooms w no co2 supplementation and weren’t hitting great numbers. Ok but not great. I absolutely do not recommend this nute line for coco. Weak. So pissed

3 balls

3 balls

Nov 29, 2018 #7

thunderfudge Breeder
@3balls I'll give u the recipe bro
from day 1 of bloom
Base 6g per gal
LIFE .2g per gal
3 ml cal mag per gal
Add SHINE at day 10 ,1g per gal
You should be around 1250 ppms
Day 35
BASE 3g per gal
SHINE 2g per gal
LIFE .2g per gal
CAL MAG 3 ml per gal
That's about 800 poms
Day 42
SHINE 1g per gal
Day 49
Water

That's an 8 week schedule.for 10 weekers I extend the 1-34 feed until day 48.
What to expect ? Alot of stretch the 1st 2 weeks,huge roots,and the need for almost daily feedings.The later flower thing would be how explosive that shine is when the base it cut.

Latest posts

Top Bottom