Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator

• Thread starter BunkerBSMNT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

Here’s some pics of my “fail safe peyote seed propagator. It’s a simple design. 9 mini cubes of rockwool wrapped in electric tape. An old led string with the nozzle end cut off is inserted through a hole in the rockwool where I will water it with a Peroxide solution To prevent fungus or algae. The bottom of the Tupperware has many holes drilled in for drainage and the bottom is filled with mini hydroton. When watered the solution won’t touch the rock wool but will rehydrate it if it needs it.

Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator
Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator 2
Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator 3
Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator 4
Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator 5
Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator 6
Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator 7
Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator 8
Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator 9
Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator 10
Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator 11
Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator 12
Hydroponic rockwool peyote seedling propagator 13
BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

I planted around 100 peyote seeds and here It is after one Week with about 35 seeds already popped. Hopefully close to 100% germination after another week or so

307B9DE6 440C 44BE BCDC 84C13390DC3A
BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

Thats intresting man id like to see how it works out... I have a little loph collection going id like to get more and some grafting stock to play with!!
I’ve been growing peyote for over 29 years now of you
Have any questions feel free to ask. Also I think you may need a little more light on those ones in the pic.😎

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

I’ve been growing peyote for over 29 years now of you
Have any questions feel free to ask. Also I think you may need a little more light on those ones in the pic.😎
Gotcha I have them under my 1000 w led under the canopy was under the impression they needed some shade? Thats why I have them under the canopy... How often do you water in the fall winter? I have just been bottom watering them every few weeks or so

BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

Gotcha I have them under my 1000 w led under the canopy was under the impression they needed some shade? Thats why I have them under the canopy... How often do you water in the fall winter? I have just been bottom watering them every few weeks or so
in an artificial environment the amount you water them depends highly on the conditions you have them in. Ie the Temp of the room. Relative humidity of the room and the mix of soil they are in. I water mine usually once a week year round. The lights on temp in my room if around 75F-80F depending on what other lights I have going. The relative humidity in my room is about 55% (on the high side for peyote) and I also have them in a mix of soils that is very fast draining. Mine are about 14 inches below T5 LED grow lights. Like the kind your buy for doing cannabis clones. They love that type of light. :) I have a friend that have a cacti only grow and his temps are more like 90F with lights on and he uses a mineral only soil. Pumice,limestone and gravel and he wasters them to saturation twice a week!!! Mine that would be too much. basically you need to find a soils that dries out in under a week tops and best if 3-4 days. They you can water when ever the soils gets dry. I'm experimenting with a bunch of new soil mixes right now that will dry quicker than my current mix.

BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

Basically if you see light / lime green in the new growth area as well as the growth area getting 'elongated" it means they're not getting enough light.

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

in an artificial environment the amount you water them depends highly on the conditions you have them in. Ie the Temp of the room. Relative humidity of the room and the mix of soil they are in. I water mine usually once a week year round. The lights on temp in my room if around 75F-80F depending on what other lights I have going. The relative humidity in my room is about 55% (on the high side for peyote) and I also have them in a mix of soils that is very fast draining. Mine are about 14 inches below T5 LED grow lights. Like the kind your buy for doing cannabis clones. They love that type of light. :) I have a friend that have a cacti only grow and his temps are more like 90F with lights on and he uses a mineral only soil. Pumice,limestone and gravel and he wasters them to saturation twice a week!!! Mine that would be too much. basically you need to find a soils that dries out in under a week tops and best if 3-4 days. They you can water when ever the soils gets dry. I'm experimenting with a bunch of new soil mixes right now that will dry quicker than my current mix.
I gotcha ya I have the same environment pretty much my humidity is around 60 and stays 75-80 other than in the winter which im gonna have to add hps to keep the temps up... Yeah they look like they are asking for something, paid 175 bucks for these 5 yotes from thailand 2 months ago... Pretty pricy I'm assuming lol but as I can imagine theyre probably having a hard time getting acclimated to the new climate since I'm assuming they were outdoor grown in cactus heaven not in this cold ass state i live haha

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

I gotcha ya I have the same environment pretty much my humidity is around 60 and stays 75-80 other than in the winter which im gonna have to add hps to keep the temps up... Yeah they look like they are asking for something, paid 175 bucks for these 5 yotes from thailand 2 months ago... Pretty pricy I'm assuming lol but as I can imagine theyre probably having a hard time getting acclimated to the new climate since I'm assuming they were outdoor grown in cactus heaven not in this cold ass state i live haha
[/QUOTE i have them in this boon mix or whatever its called its a mix of pumice akadamia lava rock and charcoal I believe the vendor i got these from said just run pumice and akadamia but upon reading up i feel they would benefit from the extra minerals in there

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

I’m experimenting with different mixes I f Turface (calcined Clay they use in baseball diamonds) and limestone screenings. I’m just
Testing now how long it takes to dry out.
Nice work man thats a way of doing it curious to see the test results, do you get into grafting at all? Seen this grafting tek online where you graft the lophs to the stock then cut it off so theyres only about a half inch of stock left then root that and plant it and you have a peyote plant that can take a beating and watering like a san pedro... Really wanna try this so I can have some around my house all times of the year and not have to keep then isolated to my tent lol
I’m experimenting with different mixes I f Turface (calcined Clay they use in baseball diamonds) and limestone screenings. I’m just
Testing now how long it takes to dry out.

BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

Nice work man thats a way of doing it curious to see the test results, do you get into grafting at all? Seen this grafting tek online where you graft the lophs to the stock then cut it off so theyres only about a half inch of stock left then root that and plant it and you have a peyote plant that can take a beating and watering like a san pedro... Really wanna try this so I can have some around my house all times of the year and not have to keep then isolated to my tent lol
I only grow from seed. I’ve done grafting n the past but I don’t really feel the need to do it anymore.

A

Andorin

Here’s some pics of my “fail safe peyote seed propagator. It’s a simple design. 9 mini cubes of rockwool wrapped in electric tape. An old led string with the nozzle end cut off is inserted through a hole in the rockwool where I will water it with a Peroxide solution To prevent fungus or algae. The bottom of the Tupperware has many holes drilled in for drainage and the bottom is filled with mini hydroton. When watered the solution won’t touch the rock wool but will rehydrate it if it needs it.

Hey, haven't seen any guides to a setup like this before. I've been struggling with germinating on soil. A few questions:

- Do you actually water it with the Hyper Oxygen Hyperoxygene? Would any 2% peroxide solution suffice?
- You add to the tupperware the clay pellets, then add the peroxide solution until it reaches the top of the clay pellets?
- What's up with the jar where the seeds are floating? You leave them to soak in there for a while?
- The peroxide solution just leaks out after watering through the holes in the tupperware? How often do you water it? Do you keep reusing the same peroxide solution?
- How long do you leave the peyoti seedlings growing on the rockwool?
- What's up with the black tape on the top of the tupperware?
- In one of the pics, you've got the rockwool sat in the ovendish... is this an initial soak in solution? Why?

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Im not familiar with the OPs method (i think its b a d ass) but i germinated many times peyote seeds on soil...
Make sure the seeds are fresh if you buy em! thats key!...and watch temp and humidity durin that 15 days...and thats it....
Never used HydPeroxide....

Top Bottom