Hydroton

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Moses249

I have been using hydroton exclusively for almost three years now and though i get decent results, I am always looking to improve and consider new techniques. I was wondering what people think about expanded clay? I have read posts where people have said that hydroton leaches nutrients and is basically no good in hydroponics. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck.

G

grnmountainboy

hydroton is a form of hec (hardened expanded clay) pebbles. they are the best ones to buy cause their size and shape is perfect. i have tried other hec, but hydroton has always worked best

S

smalltime99

You should try the Growstones. I think they work better and have way less washing issues.

J

Jalisco Kid

try perlite your back will thank you.

I have never seen a grower who did not have pH issues with hydroton get outperformed by perlite. Those with pH swings just have not learned to deal with hydroton. I love the fact you can clean up perlite in under 5 min. But it just can not outperform hytroton for weight. If ease is more important then weight then perlite is easy on your back. JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom