Hygrozyme is crap!

• Thread starter Kpezzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I would agree with your total ppm because of the flip. I do not think sats like a lot of nutes during the first week or so. Yours not being a pure sat you do not have much to worry. You need to get a floral booster so you could drop the grow ratio to where you are around 120 ppm of N. I would be running 120-65-260-110-60 for most of my flowering. Week 3-4 maybe 120-65-290-110-80 plus aminos and bump your sugar up if running benis as they are starting to take a hit from the P. My total here is around 1000-1175 depending on the strain. Going over that might give you more but less quality. Whose calculator did you use? I normally do not give my formulas because somebody will always tell me I burnt up their plants. You have to learn about your plants. I was going to say you have to read your plants but what the hell does that mean? That is why i foliar feed my plants a lot which gives me more of an idea what a plant likes and responds best to. Its a journey to find out,can't be learned in a weekend. I have killed a lot of plants. JK
I just noticed who that Jr. farmer is above.lol

K

Kpezzy

they are starting to take a hit from the P, do you mean they are getting too much or they need more? so are you saying give my GH 3part a few more ML per gallon? Thanks man

J

Jalisco Kid

When the P goes above 60 ppm benies start to die out.That is one of the reasons carbs are important during flowering.

K

Kpezzy

yeah thats where I am 1130 PPM,s ph 5.8 temp 68deg, Ill let that ride for a while and see whats up I need to slow down on the gardening and chiLL, my "N" is a little higher than that I think 150ish Ill calc it all out

K

Kpezzy

here are two pics one from yesterday and one from today same plant same angle I think it may be lockout

HPIM7968
HPIM7988
P

Pandaman

is it awesom with or without an E at the end? I need to know because if it is only awesom and not awesome then I just cant use it :giggle

I think that's the Copy Cat brand, my advice is to use the one with the "E" :)

lol

K

Kpezzy

JK, I re-nuted last night and I am now 140-58-173-107-39 not counting my 1ml per gal Cal-mag and 1 ml per gal protekt, Ill be watching them closely

M

MASSES 420KING

this crap turned my res and sites into a bubble bath, the second I added it BOOM foam, the next morning so much foam that I had to drain it, not to mention the bio-growth the foam gives you Arrrrg Nightmare, any good substitutes? sorry for the rant I am frustrated :headbang

brotha that doesnt sound like the hygro is the problem it actually sounds like your plants have a yeast infection you gotta flush the hole system with 20%bleach solution and fresh water flush your plants then go buy some hydro guard and follow instructions on the back i had that problem with one of my runs with purple hash plant almost wasnt worth going thrue the rest of the grow took weeks to bounce back i really hope this helps dawgy:passingjoint:

K

Kpezzy

brotha that doesnt sound like the hygro is the problem it actually sounds like your plants have a yeast infection you gotta flush the hole system with 20%bleach solution and fresh water flush your plants then go buy some hydro guard and follow instructions on the back i had that problem with one of my runs with purple hash plant almost wasnt worth going thrue the rest of the grow took weeks to bounce back i really hope this helps dawgy:passingjoint:

thanks man, I switched to multi-zen, no more problem

nebulius

nebulius

res_011.jpg

Had a bit of root rot because of soggy rockwool (my mistake when transplanting to DWC filled bucket too high and rockwool stayed wet)
Been dealing with a slime but had it under control until I was convinced to buy Hygrozyme which i added yesterday. It foamed like crazy and today I have slime!
This is what I am using
FF Trio, FF bushdoctor microbrew, thrive, Gro-tek pro silica, and Hygrozyme.
Can an Enzyme like hygrozyme be mixed with beneficial bacteria? could this cause my slime?
Temp: 74 deg
Res Temp:71 deg
RH: 38%
PPM: 500 3rd wk veg still small in stress
PH: 5.2-6.0 keep on lower scale

hiboy

hiboy

Ive only used hygrozyme in rw, so i cant help ya there. i had bad results NOt using it.
wouldnt grow without it in rw. You might have some kinda mixture on nutes not liking each other
h

singingcrow

singingcrow

do you think it is possible that I got a really old bottle?

That definitely sounds the most probable.

Hygrozyme is alive! It has a shelf life of 1 year I've been told. Even though it is one of the very best weapons in the marijuana farmer's arsenal, the labeling is completely erroneous. No information, no shelf life, etc.. makes me kind of laugh everytime I pour a capful.

It would be like superman's cape without the big "S" on it.

If it is bubbling and foaming, it might be anerobic. Was the bottle bulging? I highly recommend returning it and giving it another try.

One last tip: Hygrozyme can not be combined with hydrogen peroxide, bleach or any other bacteria killer. Although those products kill off things like pythium, they also kill off the good stuff like hygrozyme. Hope that helps.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Usage Duration?

On that note, I stop using hygrozyme 2 weeks into flower, per a friend's advice. Does it make sense to use it longer?

outwest

singingcrow

singingcrow

I use hygrozyme from seedlings to final chop and hang. Just different dosages.

Hey OP...we have some real experts in hygrozyme and there is a thread you could read somewhere in you that explains how to use it in all of that application it's a really good read and it will help you understand the product. It would probably foam and react with bad bacteria..slime is always the bad bacteria.

NightShift

NightShift

Bacteria leaves a bioslime. Especially the good. Also, hygrozyme does not have a shelf life of a year. It is supposed to last forever because it is bacteria free and bac. can not grow inside the jug.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Hygrozyme does add a small amount of foaming to my res. Actually, I wouldn't call it foaming. I use air stones when mixing and prior to feeding. I add hygrozyme last, after PHing.

Once I add hygrozyme to the res the small surface bubbles from the air stones become large surface bubbles. They just pop and disappear for my res. I ran GH micro and bloom along with a.n. boosters until recently. Recently switched to heavy 16 base. Same thing, no initial foaming with Hygrowzyme.

I say initial because I do get a layer of foamy stuff the third and fourth day of my res. I do not however run a circulating pump 24/7. I only mix my res and run air stones 20 mins prior to feeding. I don't blame the foam on hygrozyme, just a natural reaction to all the stuff in the res fermenting in a sense.

If you are in DWC though I could see the accentuated bubbling hygrozyme induces causing a foam issue in a closed pot DWC set up.

P

ponyboy

so who uses in soil? and also i saw it fro the frist day of "flush" but people run it in veg and flower? any dropped knowledge of use with it with soil would be greatly appreciated!

Top Bottom