hygrozyme with florashield?

• Thread starter green reaper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

green reaper

My question is does any1 know will gh's florashield kill the enymes in hygrozyme or can they be used together.
also ive got a twelve site 5 gal bucket rdwc, is a active auqua 110 lpm air pump enough air for the 12 plant site and two 5gallon res.

rvd

rvd

i have the same pump with 27 gallon rez and 8 buckets and i wish i had a little more

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

poked my head around google a lil bit and couldnt find whats in this stuff. id assume its the same thing as dutchmaster zone. if it is the same the it will kill your enzymes and benes. i run benes and enzymes along with my zone. to counter the zone killing this stuff i just add it 24 hours before a rez change

S

smokestack23

Hey MC,
I think I read that in another post of yours. You sure the Zone isn't killing your benes? H2O2 might be "finished" in 24hrs but I think the Zone lasts and works a lot longer. I add zone once a week at res change and it's keeping everything sterile the whole week through.

Of course, there's a possibility that I'm just lucky and the Zone isn't helping to keep my res and roots pristine at all and I could be wasting MY money...but..it's cheap peace of mind.

I run sterile systems but I do have some GW and EWC on stand-by in case I have to make some tea to fight brown algae...but...when the time comes to use it (hasn't yet..knock on wood) I'll purge my systems of the Zone or SM90 enriched nutes and run the benes with no sterilizers at all.

Anyway...either way...you're having success with your method so who am I to argue....I just thought that the Zone offered longer than 24hour protection. I didn't read that anywhere..I only "assumed" it.

YMDV I guess.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i add the zone 24 hours before a rez change
im sure theres a lil left in there after dumping the old stuff but unless your running a very very small amout of water, or not doing a good flush in between weeks, then it could be a problem
hydro shop had a high power scope out and told us to bring water samples in to check out if we wanted. theres something alive in there. a little drop of zone and nothing.
again im only running my zone on day 7 of 7, days 1-6 no zone.
i really should be telling people a good flush is very important with this method, but i kinda assumed that was a gimme
smoke stack you are saying that you add zone on day 1 of 7 right? this is what most people do

Top Bottom