Hyperfan with phresh filter?

• Thread starter ftwendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ftwendy

ftwendy

I bought two for use on a couple phresh filters as scrubbers. The fan only draws 1amp, consumes 75 watts. Only hangup was the price.... 200 a pop for the 8"

They sure are quiet, tho I have my doubt they are moving the CFM's claimed on the box. The rheostat they included is nice, as it has a long remote cable. I like it for the scrubber assignment, just have my doubts about using it for exhaust unless in a tent or other small space.

Anybody have any thoughts on them? Any experience?

Thanks, ftw

ftwendy

ftwendy

One of the fans was 'ticking' out of the box. Had to back a screw in the case out a bit that had been overtightened... otherwise they work fine. Presently.

The filters are kind of garbage tho. I went with the 8"x39" rated to match the fan and two cannot keep pace with my room. One filter is in the grow space, the other is in my lung room. Both are running continuously, and I can still smell the grow when I approach the building. Maybe its time to light a stump on fire lol

Any thoughts please chime in.

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like the right set up for scrubbing a small room or tent. Try multiples of can Max 10" and a can 100 or 125. Or 14" Max and can 150. Running constantly. Also high humidity will lesson there effectiveness. There are other fans but most efficient cfm per Watt fans. Elicent is the quietest but is not as efficient. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom