I’m a coco grower wanting to grow in soil

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

But I don’t understand how organic nutrients work still or how to make a soil. I want something I just need to water once or twice a week and top dress every 3-4 weeks. Can anyone help me try to understand/help me with a recipe?

@Aqua Man @Moe.Red @Ponky @tobh

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

But I don’t understand how organic nutrients work still or how to make a soil. I want something I just need to water once or twice a week and top dress every 3-4 weeks. Can anyone help me try to understand/help me with a recipe?

Sorry my friend I understand how they work but have a lack of experience. If i were to do organics in soil id probably start with the roots terp tea line if that helps you any

2Bad

2Bad

Sorry my friend I understand how they work but have a lack of experience. If i were to do organics in soil id probably start with the roots terp tea line if that helps you any
Thank you man, just figured I’d tag ❤️

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you man, just figured I’d tag ❤️
You gonna hate soil bro lol. Not because i think its bad. You gonna have to sit on your hands a lot more and growth can be significantly slower.

But its a great idea to try all styles so dint take what i say as a dont do it post. It will make you a better grower with more knowledge

2Bad

2Bad

You gonna hate soil bro lol. Not because i think its bad. You gonna have to sit on your hands a lot more and growth can be significantly slower.

But its a great idea to try all styles so dint take what i say as a dont do it post. It will make you a better grower with more knowledge
I don’t mind sitting on my hands nowadays 😂

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Buy a bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and add a bit of perlite, clay for good drainage and see if you like it better than coco, if so you can make your own soil I have a recipe, peat moss, vermiculite, perlite, worm casings and you have to by a jar of microbes to make it alive, a bit expensive I would start like I said with FFOF and see how it goes will save you money.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I haven't grown in "soil" in ages. But I do start all my hemp in pro-mix and transplant to outdoors. The thing is our "soil" in Colorado is more like sand with some clay and some other matter.. But mostly sand. So that being said, for me, it's sort of like soilless growing media, like pro-mix. I have found it's easier to maintain the plants, though. I primarily use dried cow patties that are all over around my ranch, break them down in buckets of water and use that to feed plants. Only have to "feed" them a couple times a season this way, just keeping up on watering and what little nutrients are in the sand, the plants actually do quite well.

I also do compost piles to make teas for feeding, usually around flowering time. You can also make a kelp tea if you find freeze dried kelp (can be found at Asian/Pacific markets pretty easily). I don't know if it's as good as making a live kelp tea, but I've bought a few packages of kelp and added it to my 400 gallon tanks, let it sit for a couple of months, and use to feed during flower. Works pretty well for me. There are all sorts of things you can do to grow organic. If you dig around here on the Farm forums you'll probably find a couple good threads that cover making organic soil amendments.

2Bad

2Bad

Buy a bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and add a bit of perlite, clay for good drainage and see if you like it better than coco, if so you can make your own soil I have a recipe, peat moss, vermiculite, perlite, worm casings and you have to by a jar of microbes to make it alive, a bit expensive I would start like I said with FFOF and see how it goes will save you money.

This looks like something i'm looking for. I want a recipe. But do you have to "cook it" or is it mix and go? I can't cook it since I live in a town home. Also for microbes I have mykos and azos on hand.

growsince79

growsince79

Cocoloco and Happy frog dry amendments- nothing else needed.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

DM me if you have questions. I run 100% organic soil with organic dry amendments.

Water every couple of days
Top dress/amend every 4 weeks

Latest posts

Top Bottom