I’m back, Bottom leaves still yellowing?

• Thread starter SeeAirAhh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeeAirAhh

SeeAirAhh

My plants are just getting into the veg stage, but I noticed the pale color of the leaves back when I first posted. They’re a little more yellow now at the bottom.
Im growing in coco coir, I water every 3 to 4 days because they’re in large pots, I recently added cal mag to my nute mix in the last couple of watering, and recently adjusted pH after finding out it needed to be between 5.5 and 6.2 for hydro and coco. Could it be lock out? The pH has been off for a while and with coco I’ve added nutes with every watering. If it is lock out, can I just give it plain water without the nutes to fix that? Or will there still be stuff built up in the coco?

my lights are about 20” at 75%
Ppm was about 480.
I haven’t watered to the point of run off because they’re such small plants in large pots, but if I do that with the plain water and the ppm comes back higher that will confirm my thoughts of it being lock out right?

Im back bottom leaves still yellowing
Im back bottom leaves still yellowing 2
TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Is it pure coco or amended coco like the coco loco fox farms sells, honestly the plant looks healthy that yellowing could be from wrong phd water you were giving her i always look at the new growth to judge that and giving her a good flush with some water thats on point should balence the coco out. Micros like recharge work wonders too

SeeAirAhh

SeeAirAhh

Is it pure coco or amended coco like the coco loco fox farms sells, honestly the plant looks healthy that yellowing could be from wrong phd water you were giving her i always look at the new growth to judge that and giving her a good flush with some water thats on point should balence the coco out. Micros like recharge work wonders too
It’s a coco and perlite mix, and I use a hydro nute mix micro bloom and grow with the cal mag. I’ll look up those micros though, and give them a flush. I appreciate you saying she looks healthy, it makes me feel better! I’m just constantly trying to make sure I’m doing this right and Google only helps so much lol.

sambapati

sambapati

It’s a coco and perlite mix, and I use a hydro nute mix micro bloom and grow with the cal mag. I’ll look up those micros though, and give them a flush. I appreciate you saying she looks healthy, it makes me feel better! I’m just constantly trying to make sure I’m doing this right and Google only helps so much lol.
This board has so many people who know their stuff about growing and seeds et.al, google is too confusing. Also here people will check back -- Google will NOT, nor will they call you on your birthday, send you gifts or give you free seeds. 1 rule is be prepared for everything because you will get spider mites and more bugs and if you have everything on the shelf to combat them you have more confidence. Do you have extra blue light on that plant in veg -- they would love it if you would.

coherent

coherent

The first two cotyledon leaves commonly yellow and fall off or die. The yellow spots don't look bad on that lower leaf. Just splashing water and nutrients on it while watering can cause that. I see no signs of excessive nutrients or nutrient burn. I would continue as you are and slowly increase nutrients as it grows bigger. And yes, water to runoff even when they are small. It's much easier to start in solo cups because you'll use a lot less water/nutes when they are small. You would normally re-pot into larger when they are abount the size yours is now. Just keep the ph level in your water/feed around 6.0. Don't flush, there's no need and you may cause issues you don't even have. The only reason I would ever flush coco (other than prior to harvest) is if you feel you have excessive salt buildup (normally caused by not watering to 10-15% runoff), but the plant isn't old enough for you to have done that. You don't need to flush coco if you think you have excess nutes, just back off on amounts. In a few weeks the plant will be 20 times bigger and those bottom leaves will likely be long gone on their own or pruned, so don't worry about them unless you see major issues.

SeeAirAhh

SeeAirAhh

This board has so many people who know their stuff about growing and seeds et.al, google is too confusing. Also here people will check back -- Google will NOT, nor will they call you on your birthday, send you gifts or give you free seeds. 1 rule is be prepared for everything because you will get spider mites and more bugs and if you have everything on the shelf to combat them you have more confidence. Do you have extra blue light on that plant in veg -- they would love it if you would.
I don’t have anything for bugs or mites yet, and I’m using a full spectrum sun like light by vivosun. I have a pink light for flowering tho

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Your not quite to the point of watering till runoff yet, but keep the coco moist at all times. Do not let it dry out, will cause all kinds of issues.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

I wouldn't worry about it, you're gonna cut all that off. Step one make sure there are no pests or mold throughout and just don't over water. (:

Top Bottom