I’m in need of help

• Thread starter Fuzzynippz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so I’ve backed the light way way back and placed a half bottle of water in the tent to help with humidity

update on the lil plant in the last day he’s exploded in new growth actually doubled or even tripled in size since the last pic there’s still some yellowing on the leaves but the new growth is looking better

would adding a bit of carbon dioxide help at all? I’ve had friends do this with a bottle with vinegar with a small hole and a toothpick and a dish of baking soda To create some ?
Nah it's pretty complicated to add co2 at any significant enough amounts to improve the grow unless it's a sealed room. If you have the option and can control the environment (especially temperature in this case) grow in a basement... typically most basments will be around 1000ppm of co2 give it take.

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

Any good soil is living, teaming with microbial life. Stuff like miracle gro crashes there party. Miracle gro is the anti life in the gardens among its users.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Any good soil is living, teaming with microbial life. Stuff like miracle gro crashes there party. Miracle gro is the anti life in the gardens among its users.
Hmm not sure how it doesn't support microbial life... its a blend of coco, peat, soil and slow release fertilizer. I would say it's not ideal for cannabis but wouldn't say it can't grow it or support microbial life.

Microbes provide benefits but mainly break organic nutrients down into.... salts. Yup that's right plants do not take up organic nutrients only nutrients in salt form. The only difference from synthetic nutrients is how they were derived... a nitrate is a nitrate plain and simple

Organic nutrients build soil texture they do NOT provide any better or differt source of nutrients. I always laugh when I see organic growers throwing soil out after a grow. It defeats the purpose. Definitely beneficial outdoors to build soil and prevent nutrients being leached out of the soil providing a long term food source.

Organics is more like a religion in the cannabis and food industry. It's in large part A huge marketing scam but that's not to say it's not good or that it doesn't provide some benefits that you don't see in say a sterile grow media. Hell even hydro is often run with microbes.

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

Hmm not sure how it doesn't support microbial life... its a blend of coco, peat, soil and slow release fertilizer. I would say it's not ideal for cannabis but wouldn't say it can't grow it or support microbial life.

Microbes provide benefits but mainly break organic nutrients down into.... salts. Yup that's right plants do not take up organic nutrients only nutrients in salt form. The only difference from synthetic nutrients is how they were derived... a nitrate is a nitrate plain and simple

Organic nutrients build soil texture they do NOT provide any better or differt source of nutrients. I always laugh when I see organic growers throwing soil out after a grow. It defeats the purpose. Definitely beneficial outdoors to build soil and prevent nutrients being leached out of the soil providing a long term food source.

Organics is more like a religion in the cannabis and food industry. It's in large part A huge marketing scam but that's not to say it's not good or that it doesn't provide some benefits that you don't see in say a sterile grow media. Hell even hydro is often run with microbes.
I was thinking in terms of the synthetic stuff. My fault, I wasnt clear on that.

Fuzzynippz

Fuzzynippz

Sorry for the late reply but here’s the update it looks like they are both coming along slowly

now my next question is when should I take bigger leaves off the bigger plant to get more growth?

F75A35EF 3381 40D6 8070 78300649B445
B3883377 86DE 433D 810B DEF75CE3ECDA
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Sorry for the late reply but here’s the update it looks like they are both coming along slowly

now my next question is when should I take bigger leaves off the bigger plant to get more growth?
no removing leaves..
unless more than 70% damaged. damaged leaves still provide the plant with what it needs, just doesn’t look pretty that’s all.

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

True that yea they look a bit better keep it up whatever your doing, there potential to pull through looks evident.

I wouldnt cut anything off especially right now...lol. Patience is a true virtue in this hobby.

Personally I never cut. Unless using the cut off bits to make clones. Or unless I'm preparing to so I can smoke some shit ✌️

Next to those two occasions never bro, never ever, ever.

Fuzzynippz

Fuzzynippz

So no to taking the leaves off to make more light get to the new growth

Sorry guys like I said new to growing and all the help has been great

Smokeman55

Smokeman55

New to growing started both of these about a month ago I potted one in a pot to big I believe and I over watered. I repotted it maybe 3 or 4 days the first day it was just droopy the 2ndnmorning it perked up but maybe too much light because of being outside and it never perked up again all green up top I cut all leaves off due too wilting but it's been looking good just sad. The other was planted in a pot with maybe 5 other seeds they all started growing long story short I repotted the only one that survived but it has a long strechy stem really weak and it's really light green with alil bleaching and wilting repotted stem still not getting strong and it's looking worse pics if needed both planted in Kellogg's premium outdoor soil I started spraying with a bottle of tap water with two scoops of Epsom salt a spoon full of cinnamon and a teaspoon of super thrive I do have lights if I should bring them in

Smokeman55

Smokeman55

I'm new I just been looking things up they say cinnamon is a good repellant and a good root stimulant

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'm new I just been looking things up they say cinnamon is a good repellant and a good root stimulant
Oh ok
Super thrive just trying to get my plants out of shock
I think that's the problem super thrive is very strong looks Like it's burnt from that if you got new beans or can get some clones I'd run again and bin this attempt mate but that's just me I'm a 4 year Horticulturelist been growing weed for over 45 years now and I'm ruthlessly tough .I toss more plants out then I grow out .

Smokeman55

Smokeman55

Trying to work thru the kinks all experience is great especially just starting off so I'm looking at it as a tough start but hopefully I can gain some of that wisdom you got into getting my plants looking better if pics are needed I can post

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Trying to work thru the kinks all experience is great especially just starting off so I'm looking at it as a tough start but hopefully I can gain some of that wisdom you got into getting my plants looking better if pics are needed I can post
Good O keep us posted and with cannabis less is more . Regards Old Od .

Moshmen

Moshmen

start over is probably best..
in soil or even pro mix you don’t need run off or flushing unless you made a huge mistake in feeding etc..
i never have or do,
the reason people flush etc is because they are making mistakes than compounding it with flushing etc.. (unless they are experienced) than adding this and that..
keep it simple,
my grow i never ph, don’t have a clue what’s in my tap water, no ppm no ec, never flush.. etc.. when plants have problems 95% of the time it’s human error, so it’s best to avoid errors than you don’t have to do all the stuff..
just my 3 cents from experience and the same with a couple of my friends grows who are not on here.. learning how to “read” a plant will become easy over time..
please growers don’t blast me for this 🙂
like any other industry it’s just trying to create more products to sell you that you really don’t need.. anyhoo
peace brothers and sisters
Blast you for what? Lmao tellin the truth! Been down that - buy this bottle , u need that bottle, ph this , ph that, wtf with just a little patience you can learn to read your plants ! For sure none of mine are perfect by far , prolly leavin a little something on the table but it works for me,
Sorry for the ramble- ultimately I don’t ph either I do use ppm and flush when I fuck up bad but that doesn’t happen too often . Lol

OP- gnicks got you his plants are beautiful! Dudes been around a minute!

Moshmen

Moshmen

So no to taking the leaves off to make more light get to the new growth

Sorry guys like I said new to growing and all the help has been great
Do not remove the leaves until they are all used up. Yes they are ugly but they are still supplying the plant with what it can, when it’s ready to fall off you will be able to give it slight tug and fall right off . Here’s an example of things gone wrong! But damaged leaves won’t recover but the new growth will show the correction made ( 2nd pic)

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sorry I’m late to the party fellas needed some cannabis therapy tonite! Lol

Smokeman55

Smokeman55

All is well I needed to hear that because like I said new to growing and I don't have all that stuff either but Ive been watching and taking mental notes I guess I panicked when my plants never shook back from the transplant it's still green looks good alil burnt at the tips but still good

Top Bottom