I’m so annoyed been MIA trying to solve my cloning issue

• Thread starter BluePowerRanger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I never understand why people don’t just use a dome and plugs, especially if you are a new grower. Simple, effective and cheap.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I never understand why people don’t just use a dome and plugs, especially if you are a new grower. Simple, effective and cheap.
I grow soilless.. roots suspended in net cups with 3 inch neoprene inserts. Inserted in 4 inch net cups setting in pvc board is why. I don’t grow normally. I engineered my own set up and I have to clone this way. I never said I was new to growing I’m new to aeroponic cloning

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Update water temps 75.5 no mushy stems in over 10 hours.. so far so good with ro water ph 5.5 hydroguard 15 ml and clonex solution 150 ml. I’m gonna test the waters and see what happens without putting ice bottles in the tank..

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I grow soilless.. roots suspended in net cups with 3 inch neoprene inserts. Inserted in 4 inch net cups setting in pvc board is why. I don’t grow normally. I engineered my own set up and I have to clone this way. I never said I was new to growing I’m new to aeroponic cloning
My bad just trying to help. I saw your name was blue power ranger and figured you were new.

TheMidgetTickler

TheMidgetTickler

Had this issue before & it's usually a heat issue or bacteria in the system
Ive ran diluted bleach through the tank & sprayers before. Let it run for 15 minutes then rinsed it multiple times, again running through the system until the water's clean with no smell or foam

A sheet of black & white or card over the prop top has helped to shield the heat and diffuse the light for the first few days

Tank volume plays a part, the more you've filled your res the better it will handle any heat from your pump

Pump on a timer can help too...stems will still have water dripping off them 15 minute after a soak so essentially only need a quick blast with the sprayers rather than on 24/7

All little tweaks that can get you out of a hole

Hope you have some joy

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Had this issue before & it's usually a heat issue or bacteria in the system
Ive ran diluted bleach through the tank & sprayers before. Let it run for 15 minutes then rinsed it multiple times, again running through the system until the water's clean with no smell or foam

A sheet of black & white or card over the prop top has helped to shield the heat and diffuse the light for the first few days

Tank volume plays a part, the more you've filled your res the better it will handle any heat from your pump

Pump on a timer can help too...stems will still have water dripping off them 15 minute after a soak so essentially only need a quick blast with the sprayers rather than on 24/7

All little tweaks that can get you out of a hole

Hope you have some joy
How long to run the pump? When trying to develope roots the grow guys around me told me 45 mins on until I start to see roots. My first go with this system I ran 24/7 with no issues. I got 8 gallons in that damn thing the pump is fully submerged now I’m about to check on it now I just woke up.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Bigger pump more watts equals more heat. By the proper sized pump.

This I can promise you. Look for efficiency as that determines how much heat is produced.

So lowest wattage pu.p that meets the gph requirements. This is a a fact not an opinion.

As mentioned above the larger the volume of water the less influenced it will be by the temp of the pump

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Your rez although large maybe doesn't hold as much water as i thought it did, hence the heating up.

I realized if i have a larger pump then i must be holding more water in my rez for it not to heat up.

How much water does your rez hold?

Also did you ditch the dome?

With aeroponic cloning you dont need them.

if you had more water you could run your cloner 24/7.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Your rez although large maybe doesn't hold as much water as i thought it did, hence the heating up.

I realized if i have a larger pump then i must be holding more water in my rez for it not to heat up.

I ditched the dome. Right now I have about 8 gallons of water in it. I prob could put another 3 or 4. With 8 gallons my pump is fully submerged

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

if you had more water you could run your cloner 24/7.
Or a smaller pump. Domes not needed but imo will aid by reducing water stress and demand on a plant with no root system. Much the same way to much light will create a higher demand than can be supplied.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

I ditched the dome. Right now I have about 8 gallons of water in it. I prob could put another 3 or 4. With 8 gallons my pump is fully submerged
Nice.

Have the water so it's just kissing the manifold underneath.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Or a smaller pump. Domes not needed but imo will aid by reducing water stress and demand on a plant with no root system. Much the same way to much light will create a higher demand than can be supplied.
The pump that came with it is rated at 293 gph it was heating the water up. But I didn’t have it completely submerged either at the time hmmm. The one I replaced it with is 490 the temp of the Rez hasn’t gone over 77 I’ve added ice bottle early yesterday though

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

I’m filling up my 50

ok I’ll have to add a bit more then I’m filling up my 50 gal rezes atm. I will top off the cloner after and add additional hydro guard
Awesome good luck with it, not sure about the hydroguard but if you think you need it then go for it.

With aerocloners the air to water ratio inside the rez is perfect for what they need, you'll notice your cuttings will be much happier without a dome.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Healthy moms. I cut immediately. 6 at a time put them in a little shot glass of clonex. Once i have 6 then I fill a row up.. 6.2 ph r.o. water only. Water temp 78-80. Roots in 10 to 14 days. My headband rooted in 7. Healthier mom or healthier clone idk.

Pump inside hooked to mister mists water 24.7. Little air pump with a small stone. That's all I got bro.

Many different ways to do it to get roots faster or more efficiently but this right here hasn't failed. Roots within 14 days every time.

123 16
Dub_City405

Dub_City405

If it's heating up the water. Go get the small water chiller and a pump. Pump water through chiller back into reservoir.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Healthy moms. I cut immediately. 6 at a time put them in a little shot glass of clonex. Once i have 6 then I fill a row up.. 6.2 ph r.o. water only. Water temp 78-80. Roots in 10 to 14 days. My headband rooted in 7. Healthier mom or healthier clone idk.

Pump inside hooked to mister mists water 24.7. Little air pump with a small stone. That's all I got bro.

Many different ways to do it to get roots faster or more efficiently but this right here hasn't failed. Roots within 14 days every time.
How many gallons? In the Rez?
Gph of your pump?

TheMidgetTickler

TheMidgetTickler

How long to run the pump? When trying to develope roots the grow guys around me told me 45 mins on until I start to see roots. My first go with this system I ran 24/7 with no issues. I got 8 gallons in that damn thing the pump is fully submerged now I’m about to check on it now I just woke up.
If they're all getting a decent hit with the nozzles then they only need seconds
Depends on your timer, if you had one that ran in minutes or seconds you could tune it down
Essentially the less you can run the pump the better if having heat issues. Fill the res as much as possible so it still runs. The extra water will stop it warming up so fast
On the old 15 minute segment timers you could go 15 on 15 off until you've bumps and shoots.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

If they're all getting a decent hit with the nozzles then they only need seconds
Depends on your timer, if you had one that ran in minutes or seconds you could tune it down
Essentially the less you can run the pump the better if having heat issues. Fill the res as much as possible so it still runs. The extra water will stop it warming up so fast
On the old 15 minute segment timers you could go 15 on 15 off until you've bumps and shoots.
I’ve changed my timer settings like 3 times today lol.. it’s on 24/7 right now but I’m going to do 15 on 30 of 15 on once I finally get some roots. I’m testing to see if the added additional water will slow the heating on 24/7

Top Bottom