I’m trying to boost Humidity

• Thread starter PositiveSpin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PositiveSpin

My question is about humidity. Most of the threads I’ve read on humidity have to do with too much of it. I live in Eastern Washington where winter is bone DRY. I have a 3x3 tent with two healthy plants in their last few weeks of flower. Just waiting for a few amber trichs. Any day now. Air movement and temps are dialed in for a consistent daily flux of 72-82. Plants are healthy and happy with their nightly watering (mostly bottom through 5-gal cloth pot material) but as temps have continued to drop throughout Nov, so has my humidity. Seemed to stabilize around 20% with VPD readings around 2. With harvest/dry/cure right around the corner, I’m trying to get humidity back up to something closer to 55-60%. I have a humidifier inside the tent now and still topping out at 38% and VPD of 1.6. How concerned should I be with this?

Im trying to boost humidity
Sensemilla

Sensemilla

My question is about humidity. Most of the threads I’ve read on humidity have to do with too much of it. I live in Eastern Washington where winter is bone DRY. I have a 3x3 tent with two healthy plants in their last few weeks of flower. Just waiting for a few amber trichs. Any day now. Air movement and temps are dialed in for a consistent daily flux of 72-82. Plants are healthy and happy with their nightly watering (mostly bottom through 5-gal cloth pot material) but as temps have continued to drop throughout Nov, so has my humidity. Seemed to stabilize around 20% with VPD readings around 2. With harvest/dry/cure right around the corner, I’m trying to get humidity back up to something closer to 55-60%. I have a humidifier inside the tent now and still topping out at 38% and VPD of 1.6. How concerned should I be with this?
those plants are looking great man! Great work. Is investing in another humidifier not an option? You may run into the same situation seeing as thou it happens every winter, it would help to have one on hand. That would kick up the humidity a little closer to what you’re looking for. Those buds look 🔥

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
These plants seem to like a lot of water during flowering. Even so, mature plants like a higher VPD, as the chart below indicates. A VPD of 1.5 isn't out of range for late flower. These plants also can adapt well, so you're probably okay. They'll transpire plenty, so be sure their soil doesn't dry out too much. I can't quite tell from the picture, but it looks like they might have slightly too much light. Lowering the intensity slightly might help.

Are you using a tent fan that cycles ambient air into the tent? If so, maybe that could be run at a lower speed or set to cycle on and off. Do you have a climate controller for the tent? If so, which one are you using? They can make a grower's life easier. I use AC Infinity Controller 69s with their T3 humidifiers. They work well.

P

PositiveSpin

Thanks. I’m also using the controller 69, but with my own humidifier that’s not wired in to the controller.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

None really. Looks pretty nice. Be easy with Humidity you don't want mildew and bugs. Just make sure your vpd is fairly close to on point.

N

Natep

I feel your pain. I live in southern ca. similar to you we are 20% rh often. I run a single humidifier in my 5x5. I control my tent with an ac infinity controller.

005B257B 7048 481D B061 0A91D0A7A3B6
P

PositiveSpin

I feel your pain. I live in southern ca. similar to you we are 20% rh often. I run a single humidifier in my 5x5. I control my tent with an ac infinity controller.
82 and 63. Nailed it. Nice work. You get it. The only difference in my settings is my In-line fan min setting. I’m not allowed to use 0. Tent lives in my basement and vented to the backyard. Any setting less than 2 has the whole house smelling like delicious cantaloupe diesel and blueberry skunk! Unfortunately, the wife doesn’t share my appreciation for said floral bouquet and says that our teenage son’s friends may not be allowed to hang out at the house, you know, with the smell and all. I didn’t have the heart to argue that it doesn’t work that way. Anyway, 2 is my min setting so I willingly sacrifice a few degrees of warmth and probably a few rh points too. Oh well. Impressive though, and gives me hope. Proof it can be done! 🤙👍🤙 How large are your plants and how far into flower are your girls? Noticing more and more this makes a difference.

Last edited:
I

ILgrower

you have to watch out for humidity which causes a lot of issues, I grow it without all that humidity, it is not good for indoors and can create mold on the walls & listen up it can really destroy your house if you're not knowing what you're doing, i see a lot of houses get destroyed by mold People saying you need more humidity what for? I make a least half a lb from each batch I grown, I don't grow, 10 - 15 plants, i stayed legal I make more than enough for me which tells me a lot of this is grown for selling, it's obvious

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i d be happy if i could keep my RH below 40% in flowering ...

my own rh vary between 20% and 70% depending the weather and the seasons, i have never noticed a signifiant or visible difference in growth depending the RH and different plant stage, seedling, veg, flowering stretch, maturating, only difference is when RH got high late in flowering i got higher chance of having more or less phenotypes with mold in the main colas ...

with some strain and some phenotypes within those strain i had mold with rh as low as 50% in flowering ...

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Thanks. I’m also using the controller 69, but with my own humidifier that’s not wired in to the controller.
I've used both types of humidifiers, but am converting my tents to the T3 humidifier because it works so well. I've run an ordinary humidifier using an AC Infinity control plug. That worked well enough. What I like most about the T3 is it can be outside the tent. Apparently, they're out of stock now, though.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I wouldn't go over 50% in flower. Vpd in flower will mess up your grow. Those plants alone should raise the tent up to 60% easily if they aren't bone dry.

N

Natep

82 and 63. Nailed it. Nice work. You get it. The only difference in my settings is my In-line fan min setting. I’m not allowed to use 0. Tent lives in my basement and vented to the backyard. Any setting less than 2 has the whole house smelling like delicious cantaloupe diesel and blueberry skunk! Unfortunately, the wife doesn’t share my appreciation for said floral bouquet and says that our teenage son’s friends may not be allowed to hang out at the house, you know, with the smell and all. I didn’t have the heart to argue that it doesn’t work that way. Anyway, 2 is my min setting so I willingly sacrifice a few degrees of warmth and probably a few rh points too. Oh well. Impressive though, and gives me hope. Proof it can be done! 🤙👍🤙 How large are your plants and how far into flower are your girls? Noticing more and more this makes a difference.
I had my off set to 1. It just cause a constant cycle on of the humidifier. Now I only need to fill it about once a week

Jonyyyy420

Jonyyyy420

you have to watch out for humidity which causes a lot of issues, I grow it without all that humidity, it is not good for indoors and can create mold on the walls & listen up it can really destroy your house if you're not knowing what you're doing, i see a lot of houses get destroyed by mold People saying you need more humidity what for? I make a least half a lb from each batch I grown, I don't grow, 10 - 15 plants, i stayed legal I make more than enough for me which tells me a lot of this is grown for selling, it's obvious
smoke a joint and chill out my man😂

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

I use a humidifier and it does a fantastic job and I really didn't believe in humidifiers I'll be the first to admit it and stick my foot right in my mouth but I had I sprouted some beans and I used the humidifier and those things were night and day different from the Sprouts I have been sprouting it's like they've been getting fed like nutrients but really good nutrients and they were jumping they left those other Sprouts in in the dust yeah I highly recommended humidifier and run it just watch your lights make sure your lights that you buy or certified or used to high humidity some lights are not and they'll tell you if they are usually good luck and they're on sale right now at Amazon's got a good one for about 20 bucks it was like 50 and Walmart and Walmart plus good luck

Top Bottom