I-502, possibly limiting to 22 growers. Will it work?

• Thread starter HeadGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Nice one Tank and Gorge! Everyone should copy and paste that if they don't feel like writing their own email out. I've sent so many emails and phone calls to state representatives. It gets tiresome when it seems nothing is helping but I'll keep on trying to make my voice heard.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Take everything you read at tokesignals with a grain of salt. Toke signals is for entertainment purposes only! This piece is 100% bullshit.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Take everything you read at tokesignals with a grain of salt. Toke signals is for entertainment purposes only! This piece is 100% bullshit.

Where do you see that Tokesignals is for entertainment only? It seems like a pretty legit weed news site.

Tank333

Tank333

Unfortunately that approach doesn't work for everyone. I have low ceilings...

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Hey HG, Im taking the tree of life approach, 3 Oak sized plants in flower LOL
yes but then you are instantly out of compliance the minute you harvest 1 plant. the other half of the 3/3 regs is 3oz usable. :(

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Where do you see that Tokesignals is for entertainment only?
I'm not saying it is a blatant parody site. I'm saying the writing is highly biased and based on the personal beliefs and agenda of Steve Elliot.

inthegorge

inthegorge

So...the WA LCB is definitely limiting licenses to producers. Pretty bad news for those us us that have been acting in good faith and putting our money into this stuff:-((( Just got this email from them:

Liquor Control Board Clarifies Next Steps in its Preparation to Issue Marijuana LicensesBoard to limit individual production, begin issuing producer and processer licenses soon
OLYMPIA – The Washington State Liquor Control Board (Board) today approved staff’s recommendations to limit the number of individual marijuana producer licenses to one and initially limit production at 70 percent, clearing a path for the agency to begin issuing producer and processor licenses.

“Today’s Board action clears an obstacle and allows the agency to begin issuing marijuana producer and processor license in the coming weeks,” said Board Chair Sharon Foster. “We believe this is the most fair and equitable way to get the market up and running.”

Single Production License Limited to 70 PercentIn its enforcement guidelines issued August 29, 2013, the Department of Justice required states to ensure a tightly regulated and controlled market to prevent diversion of product to other states, sales to minors and other concerns.

The Board used available consumption data supplied by its consultant, BOTEC Analysis Corporation, to craft production limits in its rules to meet initial consumer demand without over-supplying. The rules are based on BOTEC’s input that the state can capture 13-25 percent of the overall market in the first year of recreational sales. Additional production is likely necessary for the state to capture an increasing percentage as the market refines and matures. Agency rules allow for flexibility to meet an evolving controlled market.

Agency rules (WAC 3214-55-075 (8)) state “if the total amount of square feet marijuana production exceeds two million square feet, the Board reserves the right to reduce all licensee’s production by the same percentage or reduce licensee production by one or more tiers by the same percentage.”

The Board closed a 30-day application window for marijuana licenses on December 20, 2013. During that period the agency received 2,858 marijuana producer applications. The plant canopy of these applications far exceeds a manageable plant canopy set by the Board in its rules. Of these applications, over 900 are for more than one marijuana producer application. The rules currently allow for up to three licenses per licensee.

In an effort to meet a manageable plant canopy for marijuana production, the Board will file an interim policy that limits any qualified entity or principals within any entity to one marijuana producer license. If any entity or principal has more than one marijuana application pending, staff will contact the applicant and offer them the option of withdrawing their additional applications for a refund or having their additional applications held up to one year or until the Board determines more marijuana producer licenses are needed.

“In interviews with our licensing investigators, many license applicants have said that they do not intend to use all three licenses initially or planned to reach the top of their tier,” continued Foster.

Bans and MoratoriumsSeveral communities and jurisdictions across Washington have enacted local bans or moratoriums on recreational marijuana businesses. In a formal Attorney General Opinion issued January 16, 2014, the Attorney General’s Office concluded that “I-502 left in place the normal powers of local governments to regulate within their jurisdictions” and that “…nothing in I-502 limits that authority with respect to licensed marijuana businesses.”

While the law is silent on the issue of local bans, there is also nothing with the law which allows for the Board to deny licenses to qualified applicants. If an applicant meets the state’s criteria for licensure, the Board will issue a state license. Like any other type of business, a licensee must be in compliance with local laws and regulations.

The Board action and interim policy are effective immediately.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Gorge, i'm sorry but it looks like your inspector was misinforming you. Canopy limits are already happening in the form of limiting the grower spaces. The state is freaked out by the number of grower applicants that applied. No more multiple grow licenses are allowed. The state keeps changing the game day to day. What you think is a go right now might completely get overhauled.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/02/state-might-change-marijuana-growing-rules/

Edit: just noticed your previous post.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

So...the WA LCB is definitely limiting licenses to producers. Pretty bad news for those us us that have been acting in good faith and putting our money into this stuff:-((( Just got this email from them:

Liquor Control Board Clarifies Next Steps in its Preparation to Issue Marijuana LicensesBoard to limit individual production, begin issuing producer and processer licenses soon
OLYMPIA – The Washington State Liquor Control Board (Board) today approved staff’s recommendations to limit the number of individual marijuana producer licenses to one and initially limit production at 70 percent, clearing a path for the agency to begin issuing producer and processor licenses.

“Today’s Board action clears an obstacle and allows the agency to begin issuing marijuana producer and processor license in the coming weeks,” said Board Chair Sharon Foster. “We believe this is the most fair and equitable way to get the market up and running.”

Single Production License Limited to 70 PercentIn its enforcement guidelines issued August 29, 2013, the Department of Justice required states to ensure a tightly regulated and controlled market to prevent diversion of product to other states, sales to minors and other concerns.

The Board used available consumption data supplied by its consultant, BOTEC Analysis Corporation, to craft production limits in its rules to meet initial consumer demand without over-supplying. The rules are based on BOTEC’s input that the state can capture 13-25 percent of the overall market in the first year of recreational sales. Additional production is likely necessary for the state to capture an increasing percentage as the market refines and matures. Agency rules allow for flexibility to meet an evolving controlled market.

Agency rules (WAC 3214-55-075 (8)) state “if the total amount of square feet marijuana production exceeds two million square feet, the Board reserves the right to reduce all licensee’s production by the same percentage or reduce licensee production by one or more tiers by the same percentage.”

The Board closed a 30-day application window for marijuana licenses on December 20, 2013. During that period the agency received 2,858 marijuana producer applications. The plant canopy of these applications far exceeds a manageable plant canopy set by the Board in its rules. Of these applications, over 900 are for more than one marijuana producer application. The rules currently allow for up to three licenses per licensee.

In an effort to meet a manageable plant canopy for marijuana production, the Board will file an interim policy that limits any qualified entity or principals within any entity to one marijuana producer license. If any entity or principal has more than one marijuana application pending, staff will contact the applicant and offer them the option of withdrawing their additional applications for a refund or having their additional applications held up to one year or until the Board determines more marijuana producer licenses are needed.

“In interviews with our licensing investigators, many license applicants have said that they do not intend to use all three licenses initially or planned to reach the top of their tier,” continued Foster.

Bans and MoratoriumsSeveral communities and jurisdictions across Washington have enacted local bans or moratoriums on recreational marijuana businesses. In a formal Attorney General Opinion issued January 16, 2014, the Attorney General’s Office concluded that “I-502 left in place the normal powers of local governments to regulate within their jurisdictions” and that “…nothing in I-502 limits that authority with respect to licensed marijuana businesses.”

While the law is silent on the issue of local bans, there is also nothing with the law which allows for the Board to deny licenses to qualified applicants. If an applicant meets the state’s criteria for licensure, the Board will issue a state license. Like any other type of business, a licensee must be in compliance with local laws and regulations.

The Board action and interim policy are effective immediately.

Sadly a lot of of us saw this coming. You just can't trust these guys.

inthegorge

inthegorge

I am fortunate and the new "rules" don't affect me much. I did apply as a partner in 2 licenses so had to pull out of my friends license that has been my partner in medical grow for the last couple of years. He does not need me except to help him with the business aspect of things and I will still help him in that regard. He hates government or anything to do with government so I am the buffer between him and the LCB but he will have to buck up and at least correspond with them and I will help him with any and all paperwork. It also limits our outdoor crop to 7000 sq feet of canopy instead of the 10,000 we applied for but again that is not a really big deal to us in the long run.

What is a big deal to me is that they feel they can just change things up so much:-/ Not that I had a lot of trust particularly in them but I did feel that if I did what was required I would be OK....obviously that remains to be seen. I really feel for the 471 licenses that are now not even possible unless they change things considerably in the next year. Those people, even it they were the top of the food chain with requests for three 30,000 foot canopies still no doubt secured property to meet the requirements and possibly even have outfitted them or at a minimum started to outfit them and their out of pocket costs to secure a building or property for those sized grows have to be very expensive:-( Glad it is not me but really sorry it is anyone because it is a shitty way to do business regardless of how deep your pockets are:-/

We will see what else they change in their own rules before it is all said and done...I am hoping we will be OK through this but the jury is definitely still out!

Seatown

Seatown

I dont think anyone trusted the LCB going into this, but people shared a bunch of blind optimism that the right thing would be done...

I think its become clear that such a thing never happens when politicians & huge potential profits are involved

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

I am fortunate and the new "rules" don't affect me much. I did apply as a partner in 2 licenses so had to pull out of my friends license that has been my partner in medical grow for the last couple of years. He does not need me except to help him with the business aspect of things and I will still help him in that regard. He hates government or anything to do with government so I am the buffer between him and the LCB but he will have to buck up and at least correspond with them and I will help him with any and all paperwork. It also limits our outdoor crop to 7000 sq feet of canopy instead of the 10,000 we applied for but again that is not a really big deal to us in the long run.

What is a big deal to me is that they feel they can just change things up so much:-/ Not that I had a lot of trust particularly in them but I did feel that if I did what was required I would be OK....obviously that remains to be seen. I really feel for the 471 licenses that are now not even possible unless they change things considerably in the next year. Those people, even it they were the top of the food chain with requests for three 30,000 foot canopies still no doubt secured property to meet the requirements and possibly even have outfitted them or at a minimum started to outfit them and their out of pocket costs to secure a building or property for those sized grows have to be very expensive:-( Glad it is not me but really sorry it is anyone because it is a shitty way to do business regardless of how deep your pockets are:-/

We will see what else they change in their own rules before it is all said and done...I am hoping we will be OK through this but the jury is definitely still out!

Any word on if you're getting licensed?

Tank333

Tank333

When I spoke with her last week she was expecting to get the go ahead within two weeks...

MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

Oh shit. Carl's buzzed on shine and pure cambodian sativa bho.... "LCB inspectors, ha. First cocksucker caught on my mountain gets tarred in bho and feathered with rockwool granulate. Have fun growing tons of shitty overpriced weed that no one with any sort of taste will buy. Cali will still flood us with cheap shit they can't sell there. Brainless retards love buying that. People in my trailer park will still buy their dope from me. I won't tax em and my price and quality beats yours. Plus they can sniff and molest away. And even smoke a bowl or two on my slightly soiled couch. Then I'll hook em up with some untaxed corn liquor and cheap pirated DVDs. Fuck these corporate douchbags trying to rip us off. Don't you have any idea that this is still America! A country founded by tax dodging bootlegging smugglers ."View attachment 378821
rotfl!! Where in the hell did you find that pic?

Top Bottom