I air cooled my 800w California Lightworks LED

• Thread starter grimple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grimple

grimple

So I have come into possession of a California Lightworks solar system 1100 led and traded in the two 315 cmh I was running in the 4x4. also going back to plastic pots from fabric- whole different discussion. This system still runs hot!! Its 800w at the wall with all spectrums running full and basically a heat pad in the top of my tent. Running 88 F without supplemental cooling. I am sick of battling heat at the expense of humidity in my tent. Solution: I built a drop ceiling in the tent with foam insulation and pull air over the light from one intake port to the other and outside. My tent is now running at ambient temp 72ish and I can control the humidity perfectly in the growing space. Thought others might be able to add to this idea or speak of other solutions of all lights running hot in a tent including powerful led's.

I air cooled my 800w california lightworks led
I air cooled my 800w california lightworks led 2
Nugg

Nugg

So how easy is it to raise and lower..and with led you want ambient temperature around 85°.thats different from cmh and hps..

NearDaBeach

NearDaBeach

So I have come into possession of a California Lightworks solar system 1100 led and traded in the two 315 cmh I was running in the 4x4. also going back to plastic pots from fabric- whole different discussion. This system still runs hot!! Its 800w at the wall with all spectrums running full and basically a heat pad in the top of my tent. Running 88 F without supplemental cooling. I am sick of battling heat at the expense of humidity in my tent. Solution: I built a drop ceiling in the tent with foam insulation and pull air over the light from one intake port to the other and outside. My tent is now running at ambient temp 72ish and I can control the humidity perfectly in the growing space. Thought others might be able to add to this idea or speak of other solutions of all lights running hot in a tent including powerful led's.

Hi, I'm a fan of California Lightworks! Curious, why are you running the lights at full blast? Do you have the controller? Also, I was wondering it you have gone through an entire grow with the SS 1100?

Top Bottom