I am completely new and need any help I can get

• Thread starter CTAZ13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CTAZ13

MY wife has AVN and we are looking to see if we can help her with cannabis. She is looking at double hip replacement if we can't get something to shift her circulation and saw on a tv show an ex police officer that has kept his at bay through cannabis. Now I know that this could be a made up scenario being on TV. But we are willing to try anything. And I am type II diabetes so maybe I can help myself two. Anyways to make a long story short we got our medical license to buy which also allows us 6 plants and we can have 6 flowering and 6 in vegetative.
So I am struggling and will be looking for help

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Cannabis works great for pain, if your gonna try to grow start simple, good dirt, good nutrients, good light, a tent ect, even a cheap light will set you back $200, all my stuff payed for itself over time, what I'm trying to say it costs mony to start up, what I'm trying to say is cannabis is the easiest plant in the world to grow but one of the hardest to grow correctly, have you ever grown a houseplant? Anything? If not I would just get my weed at the store or on the black market, much cheaper in the long run, I am not trying to discourage you, and yes you can certainly be taught, but remember its an investment you allways need this or that, or problems, think it over hard.

C

CTAZ13

Cannabis works great for pain, if your gonna try to grow start simple, good dirt, good nutrients, good light, a tent ect, even a cheap light will set you back $200, all my stuff payed for itself over time, what I'm trying to say it costs mony to start up, what I'm trying to say is cannabis is the easiest plant in the world to grow but one of the hardest to grow correctly, have you ever grown a houseplant? Anything? If not I would just get my weed at the store or on the black market, much cheaper in the long run, I am not trying to discourage you, and yes you can certainly be taught, but remember its an investment you allways need this or that, or problems, think it over hard.
I hate to think with 135 IQ I can not do this if given some direction. But no I have never grown anything. Growing up in west texas where soil is pretty much a neal on notes and hard as rock the only real way to grow stuff is to own tractors and heavily amend things. Or now the popular raised beds which no one even discussed back when I was a young man. I cant see how at $300 an ounce it can be cheaper to buy it than to grow it. I mean I cant afford much on a fixed income. But that is insanity. An ounce won't last anytime at all.

I have been given a few seeds of utopia haze and mighty might and something black market I have no clue. Planted them and everything went well until hitting flowering. The UH just went completely pale green and others just stopped. I have narrowed it down to PH via a couple of very cheap PH pens. My well water is over 9 so that could be the culprit but I also just planted in very basic soil which I added about 25% perlite and some blood meal. When I figured out the PH I added Epsoma organics soil acidifier for that seems geared at blueberries. I realized this could be slow release and take awhile so I also did a tablespoon of epsom salt per gallon. And some PH down at 15ml per gallon. using 4 gallons of water in a 20gallon grow bag. NOTHING> didnt even budge the PH after a couple weeks and a couple waterings. UH still alive but dang near white at this point. I realize now after reading on super soils I should have probably gone with compost and peat and not even bothered with the basic potting soil since my water is so hard.
Not sure at this point if I can save them or not but plants are ranging 3-5' and have put on a decent amount of buds that have gone no where for the last few weeks so I hate to just ditch them.
But I also have 3 autos that I am just starting inside under lighting. Though I am not an electrician my brother was a master electrician before passing so I was able to build my own full spectrum LED lighting pretty reasonable. I have 1500 watt equiv covering 3 plants in 7 gallon grow bags. JH, Pine Chunk, AK 48. SO I would like to get this thing figured out.

C

CTAZ13

No need to struggle, it's just a plant. :)

Are you thinking of growing inside or outside? Have you grown any other plants in the past? How much space do you have?
I have 40 acres and a 12 x 12 bedroom. LOL so space is not an issue. My well water and just pure lack of any knowledge is the issue. If I could bother you to read my response to Edinburgh it would be great. Thanks in advance. And thanks for not trying to discourage me. I have been involved in breeding bulldogs for over 30 years and seen some breeders try to keep others out of breeding. Seems I will hit some of the same treatment here. NO fear of me taking away from your market I have no intention going commercial and certainly won't be paying $300 an ounce for it simply cause it is totally out of my capability of doing so.

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

I have 40 acres and a 12 x 12 bedroom. LOL so space is not an issue. My well water and just pure lack of any knowledge is the issue. If I could bother you to read my response to Edinburgh it would be great. Thanks in advance. And thanks for not trying to discourage me. I have been involved in breeding bulldogs for over 30 years and seen some breeders try to keep others out of breeding. Seems I will hit some of the same treatment here. NO fear of me taking away from your market I have no intention going commercial and certainly won't be paying $300 an ounce for it simply cause it is totally out of my capability of doing so.
Not as easy to grow...as a semi noob...but cbd oil has helped many people also.may try that while your grow is coming along..seems like u answered your questions. U can look at FAQ in this site and get lots of info too.......I use distilled water on my grow and ph test everything ...good luck...u can do it.

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

From the sound of it you are pretty much stuck to indoor grow due to light cycle. Don't cheap out on the really important things like Lights, exhaust and sanitary. And get yourself a good ph pen (sounds like yours might have bitten it). Whether you decide to grow Hp or in soil there are lots of folks on here that will be willing to help you on your way. Start by going through some of the threads on here with an open critical mind, If you play nice most of these stoners are willing to help.;)

C

CTAZ13

From the sound of it you are pretty much stuck to indoor grow due to light cycle. Don't cheap out on the really important things like Lights, exhaust and sanitary. And get yourself a good ph pen (sounds like yours might have bitten it). Whether you decide to grow Hp or in soil there are lots of folks on here that will be willing to help you on your way. Start by going through some of the threads on here with an open critical mind, If you play nice most of these stoners are willing to help.;)

I obviously have read threads or I wouldn't have a clue that I could be suffering nutrient lock from my PH being too high. And obviously I have decided for soil since they are in soil. So I guess my whole efforts of seeking help I must have been a jerk since I didnt get it. 🤔

Why would u assume I was stuck to indoor due to light cycle. How would Oklahoma light cycle be less favorable than the emerald triangle? I mean it is much closer to equator where most strains originate especially sativa from my very limited knowledge. We will maintain long hours all the way through november. And warm weather too unless we get a very unusual early cold snap.

And by the way the books suggested by MIMED seem useless and outdated. I just started my third one and it says marijuana loves lots of fertilizer. 😂 I mean I really know absolutely nothing. But I have read many threads on here that say it is easy to over fertilize.

Why am i getting so much mixed information.

the rrock

the rrock

Putting up some pics of your plants may help,not sure why your thinking people here would not treat you with nothing but respect. Being your first grow you probably wont have much success but learn from your mistakes.Having a high IQ is a joke(mine is above yours and I quit school at 15).Been growing for 41 years and the first 5 were not good,but I learned from it and the many books I read(botany,plant biology,agriculture etc etc)before there was this information superhighway. It aint as easy as coming onto a stoner forum to become "enlightened".Ive never owned or used a ph,ppm meter tester its mostly about experience

C

CTAZ13

Putting up some pics of your plants may help,not sure why your thinking people here would not treat you with nothing but respect. Being your first grow you probably wont have much success but learn from your mistakes.Having a high IQ is a joke(mine is above yours and I quit school at 15).Been growing for 41 years and the first 5 were not good,but I learned from it and the many books I read(botany,plant biology,agriculture etc etc)before there was this information superhighway. It aint as easy as coming onto a stoner forum to become "enlightened".Ive never owned or used a ph,ppm meter tester its mostly about experience

The IQ statement wasn't a brag. But just to say I could probably learn if given a chance. But seems two of you already dont want to help. Edinburgh told me to buy it and basically I couldnt. LOL

And I never considered this a stoner forum. I didnt judge the people on here to be a derogatory term used for cannabis users. I have never judged like that. I mean it says farmer so I figured there were people here that do this for a living. Maybe with the responses I am getting I was wrong. I did actually post pics of plants on another thread I started in infirmary.

But congrats on being a genius! cause if your IQ is above mine that puts in you in that narrative. I am not. And admit most of my score is more an ability to retain which I am loosing never leaned as strong on the side of problem solving.

Sungoddes1

Sungoddes1

First, don't take things personal. I'll help, if I can, but I need to see pics of your babies. Taking your word for it only goes so far, especially since you don't know plants. Read all you want, but experience is what I always turn to. I have 35 years growing in general, just a few years growing these beauties. It's a flower, it's not hard, but it is. Pictures please

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Here in New England it's only $150oz for very good weed, I understand you need a certain strain and think you can get more cheaper by growing it yourself and you can, me I live in a state where cultivation is illegal so I'm basically forced to grow autoflowers with are a bitch, yes my stuff did pay for itself but I'm making zero mony probably breaking even i dont smoke much but allways have weed, I was not trying to insult your intelligence were here to help! I luv it when new growers bring in there first batch, sometimes it's a little burned or faded or whatnot but you can feel there joy, you to can have that feeling of lighting up and impressing the fuck out of your friends, I think you can download the marijuana growers bible for free at ilgm it will give you lots of great info.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I obviously have read threads or I wouldn't have a clue that I could be suffering nutrient lock from my PH being too high. And obviously I have decided for soil since they are in soil. So I guess my whole efforts of seeking help I must have been a jerk since I didnt get it. 🤔

Why would u assume I was stuck to indoor due to light cycle. How would Oklahoma light cycle be less favorable than the emerald triangle? I mean it is much closer to equator where most strains originate especially sativa from my very limited knowledge. We will maintain long hours all the way through november. And warm weather too unless we get a very unusual early cold snap.

And by the way the books suggested by MIMED seem useless and outdated. I just started my third one and it says marijuana loves lots of fertilizer. 😂 I mean I really know absolutely nothing. But I have read many threads on here that say it is easy to over fertilize.

Why am i getting so much mixed information.

I recommended only 2 books and really only pointed you to one. And its free. You're going to do real well here. ;-)

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Who bro, you talk like you have some grow experience, you say no one will help you , I will right now, I need pics! Why do u refuse to show them?

Wolfe

Wolfe

MY wife has AVN and we are looking to see if we can help her with cannabis. She is looking at double hip replacement if we can't get something to shift her circulation and saw on a tv show an ex police officer that has kept his at bay through cannabis. Now I know that this could be a made up scenario being on TV. But we are willing to try anything. And I am type II diabetes so maybe I can help myself two. Anyways to make a long story short we got our medical license to buy which also allows us 6 plants and we can have 6 flowering and 6 in vegetative.
So I am struggling and will be looking for help
I would look into making RSO. Rick Simpson oil.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Who bro, you talk like you have some grow experience, you say no one will help you , I will right now, I need pics! Why do u refuse to show them?
he's got them up on a diff post.... he is running 2 posts and guys ...... he's old and you can tell it was going ok , shit happen and now he is here... I read people good and I think from what I'm reading and seeing is .. at 1st the guy just DIDN'T know how to talk to this group of people......he needs help and he needs more then I can do for him.... so I'm staying out of it.... But He just started off on the wrong foot, doesn't know anything/but is book smart, No real hands on in growing, so just act like he is your dad best freind and help him out.....

Catz13 Less is more here with you, just Shut Up and read what these guys are saying..... THEY KNOW THERE SH>T and that's WHY your here...

C

CTAZ13

I recommended only 2 books and really only pointed you to one. And its free. You're going to do real well here. ;-)
I just finished 9th chapter of Ed Rosenthals book. And this is where he discusses preparing the soil. Mostly just like a basic garden preparation. You said that this book tells you ALL you need to know. But so far not one thing about NPK ratios. Which my original question related to PH and my inability to lower it. I have since lowered the ph not through adding the acid additives that I had purchased from our only grow store. But rather I had not been giving enough feed. Reading stuff on here how newbies all make a mistake of over feeding I did just the opposite and didnt feed enough. When I pounded the soil with food since they were males anyway and had nothing to loose my PH plummeted from all the acid that I had added. NO one answered my question they just went off on a tangent about the plants being males. Which if I wanted to raise males I dont see how anyone can be the cannabis police and penalize me for doing so. It would be my business.

I dont mind taking advise and have. But if you cant see that none of y'all were answering my issues about PH then you dont want to see you just want to continue to be a jerk to me and think I am stupid and bullheaded. Which is fine you are welcome to your opinion. But i dont have to share your opinion of myself just cause you want to be a bully. This online crap always gets out of hand because people assume they know what others are thinking and doing. Like you are sitting in my living room with me and know for a fact I am not reading what you suggested. And in the begging yes you just gave me a link to free books. You DID NOT point to anything specific so I just began at the top and read through first five until I got to a point in each book that I could tell it was very old information and everything on here completely contradicted it. Even stuff I have read on your posts.

And dont worry I probably won't be on here much. As I have said on my other post in the infirmary. I came here to save the plants in a last ditch desparation> Since people were not interested in helping me do that but rather more concerned I had male plants then it was pointless. Even if I had males teaching me the chemistry of the soil and what was going on would have helped me raise females in the future. But that was not accomplished so again it has all been pointless.

So go on and have your fun insulting me and trying to get laughs from your fellow buddies on here. Doesn't make a wooden nickel difference in my life. Ido not live an online existence where I am a hero even on breeder forums for what I do. Seen plenty of guys like you in that world and they are never the most accomplished just think the most of themselves.

C

CTAZ13

he's got them up on a diff post.... he is running 2 posts and guys ...... he's old and you can tell it was going ok , shit happen and now he is here... I read people good and I think from what I'm reading and seeing is .. at 1st the guy just DIDN'T know how to talk to this group of people......he needs help and he needs more then I can do for him.... so I'm staying out of it.... But He just started off on the wrong foot, doesn't know anything/but is book smart, No real hands on in growing, so just act like he is your dad best freind and help him out.....

Catz13 Less is more here with you, just Shut Up and read what these guys are saying..... THEY KNOW THERE SH>T and that's WHY your here...
The problem is that no one is actually answering the issue they are more concerned that I have male plants. Well I was told they were female by another person that tried to act like a pro. Calling it her strain. I have since learned it was her second grow. Her first one she bought regular seed from a seed bank and sexed them as females and through out males. Got seeds from those plants and gave me some and showed me this picture as to how to sex them. Since at 2.5 weeks mine were elongated looking then I figured they were females as she had supposedly sexed the seeds to be. Knowing now that she had seeds from her harvest I know why it wasn't potent and that she selected males and passed down the seed to me to raise males. Which is fine. She was being nice. She didnt know what she was doing. No big deal.

But on here no one every approached the PH issues just harped on the fact I had males. What if I was interested in crossing a male UH with a female MM. Then I would want a male. Which I am in no way interested in that I doubt i ever take this far enough to know enough to do all that. But that is not my point. The question never even got answered So I will simply delete my account and move on. Thank you for being kind and trying to help. May God bless you for your efforts!

Screen Shot 2019 09 01 at 83438 AM
Wolfe

Wolfe

I just recommended that you learn how to build your own soil on your other post. It will eliminate the need for bottled nutrients and ph/ppm meters. Plus you can grow organic this way. Super soil is the way I do it. And I think it takes out all the guess work and let’s the plant do it's thing.
The product is unmatched.
I haven’t checked ph or ppm on my plants in over 5 years. Oh and I would recommend filtering your water with one of these.

D901F7D3 33FA 496A AF0F 5A77EAEE5269
00C4CD06 17A1 43D5 97C4 E37B3317504A
Top Bottom