I Am New To Growing And Have A Few Questions.

• Thread starter Lsonsn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lsonsn

I am new to this forum and new to growing. I bought feminized auto flowing seeds. I am not sure of the strain. The plants look great but they are only about 9 inches tall and already have hairs and looks like they are flowering. They have been growing for about 2 months. I was giving them about 12 hours of outside sunlight, then about another three hours of inside LED light, low wattage. I Now I leave them outside. Is it normal to be flowering when they are so young and small? Can I top now, or are they too small? Will they grow much more while they are flowering, if they are flowering? Should I purchase feminized non-auto flowering next time? Sorry for all of the questions, but I am confused and trying to learn. I attached a photo of one of the plants. Thanks for any help!!

Mari420

Mari420

Never top when its starting to flower! I am a total newbie, but I have been getting help from some friends who grow. They told me never to cut the plant when it's switched over, it can stress the plant out and make it grow funky.

Mari420

Mari420

Thank you mari420. This is a great site. So much support!
anytime. Autos usually are done by 3 months, so they do stay smaller. but I've never seen one this small. Maybe the constant moving of the plant stunned its growth. The soil you're using could also have stunned it, but once its flowering, plants go through about 2 weeks of stretching (:

L

Lsonsn

I have been doing a lot of reading. I want to grow some non-auto's next time. I will light during veg 18/6 then go to 12/12 to flower. I am just experimenting right now and learning. I learn fast and enjoy the journey! Is a 300 watt LED enough light for a couple of indoor plants? I know the norm is 1000 watt bulbs.

Mari420

Mari420

I have been doing a lot of reading. I want to grow some non-auto's next time. I will light during veg 18/6 then go to 12/12 to flower. I am just experimenting right now and learning. I learn fast and enjoy the journey! Is a 300 watt LED enough light for a couple of indoor plants? I know the norm is 1000 watt bulbs.
I am growing one plant with 160w CFL lights and it's working pretty well. I'm not really good with lighting questions but yes I think 300w led would work for a few plants Don't quote me on this but I think 400w LED works with atleast 6 plants. So 300w could get you maybe 3-4 plants.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Keep in mind when choosing LED tech that you have the correct color ranges and PAR. There is enough information concerning all of the grow light tech to make anyone's head spin. You gots lots of homework to do. And yes there are those that grow successfully with LED as opposed to HID. It is a cost saver and creates less heat than HID lights allowing you to keep cooler groom temps and saves on cooling costs as well as electrical costs.

There are many great threads on folks using LED's here at the farm. Check em out.

Michiganmeds

Michiganmeds

For just a couple plants it would be cheaper to go with say a 100 or 250 watt hps, think it would work out better. Say 2, 2 bulb 4 foot t12s and a small hps and you will have a big advantage over leds,just my opinion....

Top Bottom