I am trying coco coir worm castings perlite with fish bone blood fertiliser and ran into an issue

• Thread starter TheRealM00
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheRealM00

TheRealM00

2 strains here rainbow chip and vapotech. I have not grown in a while and when I last did I did coco with hydro style. Just wondering what my issue might be here? Thinking ph is high but I am not sure what ph I should be doing for coco mixed with the worm castings etc. do I treat it like soil and do 6-7 or coco ph around 5.5-6ish etc? Thanks

I am trying coco coir worm castings perlite with fish bone blood fertiliser and ran into an is
I am trying coco coir worm castings perlite with fish bone blood fertiliser and ran into an i
I am trying coco coir worm castings perlite with fish bone blood fertiliser and ran into an i
TheRealM00

TheRealM00

Watering with water and humbolt secret golden tree ph at around 6.5. Do I need to be using nutrients now due to the coco? Just was to think the worm casting’s and fish bone blood would cover that?

N

Natep

I ok think you would need additional amendments. I would dkk on the same mix and add in some of build a soils craft blend. Do equal part of the coco castings and perlite. Put a cup per plant of the craft blend. In think it would work fine as a base for an organic grow.

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

I ok think you would need additional amendments. I would dkk on the same mix and add in some of build a soils craft blend. Do equal part of the coco castings and perlite. Put a cup per plant of the craft blend. In think it would work fine as a base for an organic grow.
so does this look like a lack of nutrients or something? can i top dress with the build a soils craft blend or would i need to re pot, can i wait untilli repot into bigger pots anyway? Thanks

N

Natep

so does this look like a lack of nutrients or something? can i top dress with the build a soils craft blend or would i need to re pot, can i wait untilli repot into bigger pots anyway? Thanks
Look up that craft blend. It has a ton of different ingredients. The new growth looks good.

breedwheel

breedwheel

I have tried to incorporate organic elements into growing in just coco a few times and it seemed to cause more problems than good. Mostly mixing worm casting into my soil mix. I agree you are going to have to really feed them either by amending your coco with something that can hold nutrients in for the plants or use some synthetic nutrients every watering. Could your pH have been fluctuating? I would lower my ph to 5.8. They also make those organic superpacks that say they will work in a coco/castings mixture

N

Natep

When you use soil the plants will struggle to uptake with out microorganisms. Add a mykos it will help deliver nutrients. Don’t worry about the ph. The mykos will handle that also.

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

When you use soil the plants will struggle to uptake with out microorganisms. Add a mykos it will help deliver nutrients. Don’t worry about the ph. The mykos will handle that also.
Mycos as soon n mycorrhizal fungi or is this a specific brand. I have some mycorrhizal fungi granules but have not used them yet. Not sure if I can just use that? This is the bend I have Rootgrow 60 g Empathy Mycorrhizal

Latest posts

Top Bottom