I bought a (probably) fake Auto Duck seed. From the looks of it, it is clearly not Auto Duck. How to know what type (Auto/feminized) I've got?

• Thread starter KiefKingpin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KiefKingpin

It's my first time trying indoor growing, so I bought an Auto Duck seed from a local reseller to be more discreet during my first experience while I still gather the equipment. Turned out that it is probably not Auto Duck at all (see the photo; the leaves look like ordinary cannabis variety).

I don't want to start from scratch again. How to know the variety to properly grow the one that I've got. At least in terms if it's an auto or not?

I bought a probably fake auto duck seed from the looks of it it is clearly not auto duck how t
I bought a probably fake auto duck seed from the looks of it it is clearly not auto duck how t 2

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Auto duck is frisian duck x auto white widow, you might just have been unlucky and got a pheno with white widow dominant traits. either that either a mixed seed by error.

there no way to know the strain or to know at this point if it's an auto or not

Dutch passion is usually a serious breeder, so you might just have been unlucky you should try to send them an e-mail and see what they say.

K

KiefKingpin

From what I've read, I plan to wait just over a month after germination, while maintaining an 18/6 light schedule, to see if flowering begins. If this doesn't happen, it's likely that I do not have an auto-flowering strain.

Thanks for the suggestion to email the seed company; it's something I hadn't considered.

Bilber

Bilber

Nothing against autos, but.....

I am hoping that you have a regular seed, not auto...

Reason being.....

Regular or feminized seeds are so much more forgiving than autos.....

I always have both going, but reg/fems are easier for me.....

K

KiefKingpin

Indeed, I would be thrilled if this turns out to be a feminized White Widow or something similar at this point honestly. I'll post an update here on the outcome.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

I've received a response from Dutch Passion. They acknowledged that indeed there is a chance, albeit rare, that this could happen with legit seeds. They kindly offered to send another seed.
cool 😃

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
I've received a response from Dutch Passion. They acknowledged that indeed there is a chance, albeit rare, that this could happen with legit seeds. They kindly offered to send another seed.
Hell yea. Good peeps.

Top Bottom