Cdub97

Dimensions:
6.5’ tall, 7’ long, 3’ wide

Cost: $70
qty. 8 - 10’ long sch40 1” pvc pipe
qty. 8 - 3-way 1” pvc angle connector elbows
100’ x 8’ 4mil clear plastic sheeting
Clear tape

Happy with the results. I was having to supplement heat with a 250W heat lamp and a space heater on low. With this arrangement I have done away with the 18 hour lighting schedule and will run 24/7. I believe I can scavenge some of the leftover heat radiating off these huge led fixtures heatsinks and raise ambient temps for the winter.

So far after 3 hours I’ve gained almost 3 degrees above ambient. 65.1 in the room and 68.0 in the tent. I’m hoping it’ll stabilize above 70 after a longer period. It’s unclear whether these two fixtures alone will create enough heat...after all they are LED. 170 watts each and 24,000 lumens 5k color temp.

This all was done to more tightly control temperature and humidity levels but I’m also hoping to be even more efficient. I got rid of a 250w heat lamp and a 1500w space heater I ran on low. I’m sure the extra hours these lights run will still be cheaper than all that auxiliary heating I was doing.

I built a 65x7x3 indoor tent with 1 pvc for 70
I built a 65x7x3 indoor tent with 1 pvc for 70 2
I built a 65x7x3 indoor tent with 1 pvc for 70 3
I built a 65x7x3 indoor tent with 1 pvc for 70 4
Last edited:
Cdub97

Cdub97

So after 4.5 hours it’s up to 69.1... Exactly 4 degrees above ambient room temp. I betcha I’ll get darn close to 70 degrees after 8-12 hours.

One things for sure this is going to be way more even and consistent. Even with my old heat lamp and space heater I’m sure it fluctuated and had cool spots constantly.

Success I say!

Last edited:
Cdub97

Cdub97

I didn’t even look at pre made tents before doing this...looks like similar dimensions in a cheap premade Vivosun tent is about $125...

I had to hang my lights from the rafters because they weigh almost 40 pounds each. So 80 pounds total. I’m guessing these cheap tents can’t support that much weight?

Anyhow, I think I did alright on the cheap.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

I would look at some reflective film or mylar instead of clear plastic just my opinion tho I built a tent with pvc and made it to where I could put intake and outtake fans used it twice then built a grow room but looks good nice job and happy growing

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nice! I didn’t know what panda film was but it’s immediately apparent.

I thought about adding Mylar to the inside. Maybe reflective pebbled material?

For now, this gets me better environmental control and that was my main objective.
I like the nice clean look of the pvc but wood is cheaper. If there's a way to do it for less I'm in lol🙂

For my flower room I made 4 - 5'x5' panels out of 3/4 x 1.5 " strips of pine.$20 & $10 screws. I made hinges out of rope I had and I lined each panel with overlapping panda plastic with staples $20. Then I stapled Black out fabric $30 between rooms I also built a 5'x4' room for vegging the same way with $20 more for pine & $20 more for panda plastic. 2 rooms each blacked out from the other for less than $150 taxes in.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I like the nice clean look of the pvc but wood is cheaper. If there's a way to do it for less I'm in lol🙂

For my flower room I made 4 - 5'x5' panels out of 3/4 x 1.5 " strips of pine.$20 & $10 screws. I made hinges out of rope I had and I lined each panel with overlapping panda plastic with staples $20. Then I stapled Black out fabric $30 between rooms I also built a 5'x4' room for vegging the same way with $20 more for pine & $20 more for panda plastic. 2 rooms each blacked out from the other for less than $150 taxes in.

Man after my own heart. 2x4's and panda make the world go round. Oh and shims :D. Bout 100 bucks for a 7.5 x 13 room.

IMG 20191201 104634

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Man after my own heart. 2x4's and panda make the world go round. Oh and shims :D. Bout 100 bucks for a 7.5 x 13 room.

View attachment 916229
If I had a clean ceiling I would have walled it up as well but I have too much ducting and only 5 ft under the light so panels worked for me. That's what's great about this place. We're all doing the same thing differently and its all these different ideas we get to see in action here giving us inspiration and ideas of our own.

Frame 1 flower rm
Room with light
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
This panda film probably makes a better thermal insulator than clear plastic huh?
No not really its about the same thickness. If you need insulation Cardboard works great, I use it where I need it on the back side of my rooms. Cheap/free large sheets from big screen TV boxes works well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom