I burped my jar 50 times in 24 hours

• Thread starter bguwop420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bguwop420

bguwop420

I was under the impression that my buds were dry enough so I kept putting them in jar and it would go from 58 to 65 and id burp..it would go up and down pretty fast and id be burping every 20 min then I took buds out and let sit on plate for 3 hours then put em back in jar ..the humidity going up and down from 58 to 65 was taking a few hours instead of 30 min but something's still wrong I think , I let my buds sit out again for a few hours and put them in jars now 45 min ago it was at 55 humidity and its only went up to 56 in that amount of time...if it continues this slow should be alright ? Or did I ruin cure already?
I'm also drying 11 gs in a jar that usually holds 3 oz

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

If your bud is that wet, Your flirting with a mold issue. Toss it in a big bowl and mix it every couple of hours or on some some cookie sheets and let it dry until it's crispy. This could take a few days. When it's nice and crispy on the outside it will still have enough moisture for a nice cure.
Then jar it. Give it 12 hours, then check and see if it needs to go back on the cooky sheets for another day.

bguwop420

bguwop420

If your bud is that wet, Your flirting with a mold issue. Toss it in a big bowl and mix it every couple of hours or on some some cookie sheets and let it dry until it's crispy. This could take a few days. When it's nice and crispy on the outside it will still have enough moisture for a nice cure.
Then jar it. Give it 12 hours, then check and see if it needs to go back on the cooky sheets for another day.
Ok I did let them sit out for about an hour and when they went in jar again they were at 55 humidity now they've crept up to 60 but it's took like 2 hours to do so...now the jar is just set on 60..I'm thinking theyre pretty close to being ready that's why I keep putting back in jar..if it goes up again I'll take em out for 12 hours

bguwop420

bguwop420

Sounds like you didn't let them hang long enough,need Boveda packets
I have some 62 bovedas but I've read they don't work in the beginning of curing and yes u made 2 crucial mistakes ...chopped my plant 12 hours after I watered it (learned after to let it dry out for 3 days before chop) and only hang dried for 3 n half days, but an exhaust fan and oscillating fan were on in the tent it dried in...because it was such a small plant I figured it'd be dry

bguwop420

bguwop420

Now my jars sitting at 60 for a long time, think it's almost ready to officially cure

Top Bottom