I&C Engineer Building Grow Tent - Pump Controls

• Thread starter gunslingor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gunslingor

Hey guys, like the title says, piping and instrumentation is my job... but doing it at home for a tiny hydro system for 8 plants has its challenges.

Got a smart vivosun tent, pretty great controls. Wifi, decent GUI... could be better but not bad at all.

However I don't think it accepts any sort of arbitrary inputs. So how do you control valves and pumps and measuring devices in this hobby/profession? Obviously would love the same GUI, would hate to have to have 8 apps for 8 plants, lol. Vivosun sgs is fine.

I got a matrix floraflex system coming to top it off, I might convert to an aeroponics later, maybe design something new. No controllers offered.

I see stuff all over the internet for Adriano, I also see these things from amazon below and wonder if they could work, doubt it.

Why isn't there a cheap irrition system controller equal in form and function to a typical light and fan controller... why are there no expander modules to take other inputs like php continuous probes, flow meters, etc for all these tent controllers. I also see overpriced aquarium controllers, and in theory I could get a plc off ebay... but was really hoping for something better... grow tent controllers are like 50$, hydro should be the same.

Anyway, i guess i would like to ultimately, for now, time my pump to water every 3 days and stop when a certain VOLUME has been delivered, seems the best way to calibrate this matrix system. What do you guys recommend... cant spend 4500 on a Yokogawa flowmeter for 8 plants, lol.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LRWV5Z...lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM

Latest posts

Top Bottom