I cannot root a clone!

• Thread starter brazul117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

brazul117

I swear to fucking god I have tried literally EVERY single method and cannot even get 1 single root. :mad0233:

This being said here is my current method.

old cake container as humidity dome
Peat puck as Medium (tried soil, rockwool, and hydro.......NOTHING)
clonex gel (also have roottone powder.....tried both.......NOTHING)
Heating pad under dome

1. take healthy mother and mist before cutting.

2. while still on mother trim excess leaves and cut water leaves in half.

3. take a 2-3 inch clone cut at 45* angle with a clean razor (alcohol clean then rinse)

4. straight into a shot glass of clonex for like 30 seconds.

5. straight into a peat puck that has been soaking in PH'ed water for over 6hrs (so fully expanded)

6. put under dome spray dome and clone.

7. set under 1x cfl bulb 10-15 inches above (rly low wattage like 16 watt to 60 Equivelent)

after 2 weeks they are always dead.... they just fucking give up and dont even try to start the rooting process.......like not even the swelling up jsut b4 roots...:sign0055:

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Search for the "cloning with IBA thread", everything you need is there.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
water source?

My mountain water is hell for rooting clones- usually around 40% turnover on the tough rooting breeds, and around 3 weeks for easy to clone varietals. I have to bring in filtered city water to get them popping, now usually 90+% on any damn plant. Some people say distilled or RO water is good to use, but I haven't had to go that route. Also I've found IBA powder to work best for my purposes

Dunge

Dunge

Try Rapid Rooters.
Water flood them twice per day.
Heat pad.

No dome.
Any rooting compound.

I suspect that pruning allows tighter packing of clones.
Plugs fit nicely into six pack trays that are easily managed.

I started a thread just like this over a year ago.
I presently clone several lines with a cautious confidence.

Good luck brother.

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Try this take a cut off a watered mom no more than a day after watering. Take a newer shoot about 4-5 inches long. Take that cutting and recut in PH 6 water at 45 angle, clear air bubble and let sit for a few minitues. You can now take it out and do your trim and then root hormone and cover all areas that will root.

You can now just but them in a glass of water for a day of two to close up the cut ends and easy water uptake. I feel after the cuts have closed under water you have a better chance of rooting. Why? Because the clones now are closed up and can repreasurize.

Don't forget that the roots need air too, so perlite and coco are good. Too much water is not good after roots form either. Test the clones after 5-7 days by taking the lid off and see how they wilt, mist and see if they spring back. They need more time then in the dome.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Simplest method ever:
Take a 60/40 mix of coco/ perlite ... the mixture isn't really that important, as long as it's coco coir. Put said coco mixture into a plastic bag and add about a 1/2 oz of water per 14-16 oz of medium (like I said it's really simple). 16 oz is a red party cup size and that's pretty much all you need. After shaking and mixing the coco mix with water in a bag fill your 16 oz cups (you can do full or 3/4 of the way even half way full) take your cuttings any way you desire. I just cut a clipping, manicure it a little, dip in clonex and set in your cup. The key is to not have too much moisture in the coco (the perlite helps with keeping air around were the roots will form). After clipping and setting in cups spray lightly with room temp water and place under your lights. I like to put mine into a plastic covered aquarium but you can use a dome or whatever you got. You don't need to use anything else but if you want you can use an anti-transpirant like cloud cover but not really necessary. If the cutting is small even a plastic bag cut to use as a cover held to the cup with a rubber band works. Either way, all you need is a warm place (at least 78 degrees) to keep the cuttings and a light like a CFL or shop fluorescent will work. Put the light about 5 inches above the top of the cuttings and BAM!!! 2 weeks later you should have roots. You can rinse of the coco and put them into rock wool or set them directly into soil, however you wanna do it. I swear it works!!
I stole this from High Times grow issue 2009, I thought it was bullshit so I decided to try it. So far I've used it and as long as you keep your lights going 24/7 in a nice warm spot it works perfectly.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Good advice flyin
When the first time you feed your clones?
asking because whenever I feed my clones without roots to early
They ALWAYS take their sweet ass time on me
Reason for this is because you want your clones roots to be searching for water
When the waters there in to much abundance the roots tend to not "pop" out and blow up, If they even root at all
I wait around a full week before feeding my cuts and usually I'll have full blown roots 2 days later After the feeding
I feed from the bottom of the rr plug, never top or you'll just have roots poppin up at the top slowing down the process

Practice makes perfect good luck bro you'll catch on

We've all been there lol

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
fyi, the 45degree cutting angle holds no water...you can cut it whatever angle but a 45 will typically slow it down. I'll grab the lit to prove this as I'm sure a lot of you are gonna be like, I do 45degree and have mad success...lol
I get 90-95% of my cuts fully rooted in 10-12 days, all og types included.
A Canna pamphlet from years ago, showed the reasoning, i'll go grab it if i can find it.

CAnnatalk Issue #7, pages 6-10 if someone who is computer savvy could post those pages of it, I think a lot of folks might benefit from it..
http://www.cannagardening.com/downloads/140

When I say 90-95% success, the others root too, just not as thriving and I weed em out, typically they are the ones on the corners of the tray where the dome holds mucho moisture...

darkpink

darkpink

people always over complicate this "skill". ill keep it simple for you.

with this below you will not fail and will have clones, 8-10 days at most.

get a pck of 1.5" grodan cubes $8

get a bloom base (dont matter which one). using RO water mix to 200-250 ppm and ph to 5.5, then stir and move the cubes around to mix in well. wait an hour or two. i soak overnight. either way sucess is still the same for me. somtimes im running short on time.

Note: grodan cubes will cause the ph to rise a bit, no problem.

after you let them set for a few hrs check ph again it will be in the high 6's or so readjust to 5.5 and stir or move them about to mix them well in the solution.

set all your cubes in your humidome tray.

take your cutting one at a time. it dont matter if there at 45 deg or not.

dip in clonex rooting gel $5 packet, $20 bottle.

stick in cube. not the hole in the center of the cube, but just beside that hole, shove it in there.

once youve taken all your cuttings trim the large fan leaf tips off, they take up to much room and if packing a full tray it can cause mold issues, you dont need them anyway.

if you ive in a humid place dont mist inside of dome

if you live in dry climates mist your dome inside.

do not take the lid off everyday let it sit covered for a week and observe from outside the dome.

8-10 days your roots will be exploding out the bottom.

dp

P

paulycali

Cut stem at 45 degree angle

Dip in rooting hormone

Insert cutting into moist medium

Place new cutting inside a humidome

Mist entire humidome and plants with water

Place light on or over humidome

Every day or two spray the inside of the dome

Keep vents closed till roots appear

*** I have a 100% success rate ***

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Until I built my own cloner I used this method right here with 95% success rate.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Brazul117 was just a one post wonder. people were nice and tried to help too.

POOF!!!! He was gone.

U

unoeye

If you are using a heat mat which I would recommend, make sure it is not heating your dome\medium up too much. I fried a whole batch of seeds because of this and was very upset, lesson learned.

If you don't want to fork out cash on a thermo for your mat you can stack magazines up till you get the right temp.

Also if you have a timer you can set it to 1hr off 15m on or whatever works to get it the right temp for you.

Might be obvious for some but thought I would help if I could.

Good luck bro.

C

caligrown44

Cloning...

Supplies Needed For Sucessfull Cloning....

Spray Bottle of any size.
Red Party Cups.
Heating mat (that doesnt have auto shutoff) **reccomend hydrofarm seeding mat**
Clean Razor Blade. (and or rubbing alc to keep wiping clean)
Mother Plant
Chemicals:
Clone-ex (blue/purple gel) or sim if you have a favorite of your own.
Rhyzotonic. **is a canna product**...(all you need for amazing and sucesfull clones)

Step 1. take a cutting from your mother with sterile razor blade, be sure to cut your clone at a 45

Step 2. Once you have your cutting take it and split it down the middle where you cut it to a 45 at, only split about a fingernail distance.

Step 3. once you have your cutting split take the clone-ex get and dip the end into the gel making sure you cover the whole stem about and inch or so up.

step 4 take your cutting and spray it with your rhyzotonic/water in your spray bottle. do not spray over your gel but spray everything else top and bottom of leafs. mixing the rhyzotonic about a capfull to the spray botttle. that is being an avrg size spray bottle. custodian style sprayer.

Step 5. Take the cutting and press it down into the rockwool or coco rooting cube. do not use the pre done hole into the cube make your own making sure it goes firmly into the cube but does not press through the bottom.*** (very important)****

Step 6. Place the cutting and the cube into your red party cup.. do not put any holes in the cup.. you want it to trap humidity where the cube is.. the leafs laying on top of cups rim and the heating mat will help make vigorous root system once the clones have rooted into the cube...

addwater into the party cup up to the very bottom line of the cup just so it covers the bottom of the cube... be sure to pre soak your cube in the rhyzotonic water or regular 5.5 ph water so that when you add water to the cup it doesnt just soak directly into the cube.

final part is making sure you have a nice humidity dome and nice t-5 or sim light to get those babies started. dont use a humidity dome unless light is able to directly penitrate it (cake dome usually milk clear top is not cutting it) also make sure your tray and humidity dome has a good seal all the way around...

Latest posts

Top Bottom