I can't search for "pre veg" 'cause the words are too short...

• Thread starter cardinal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cardinal

Trying to get my head around the concept of pre-vegging. Anyone got any direction?

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...do you mean RE-vegging? ...PRE-vegging would be the seedling stage.

peace, bozo

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Trying to get my head around the concept of pre-vegging. Anyone got any direction?
Never heard of it, I think like bozo, you mean re-vegging. It's forcing an annual plant that has changed its growth phase from vegetative (leaf material) to regenerative (flowering, sexual phase) back to vegetative phase (leaf material).

When searching on short terms, three characters or less, go to Google, use the term, then add "@thcfarmer.com" to get the hits here on the farm.

C

cardinal

I got the term from DNA Genetics site. http://dnagenetics.com/la-confidential
It says pre-vegging is needed to make LA Confidential yield well.

C

cardinal

I'm trying to approach the idea of making small, unveggged cuttings with really great roots for an intensive SOG.

sixstring

sixstring

I read that term somewhere but cant remember where. It talked about letting clones and seedlings get a lil rootbound before upcanning them.i do this on everything mostly cause im lazy lol.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

i do what i call a "pre-veg". im not sure if the way i use the term is correct. I use this term with clones, soon as they come out of the cloners, i plant in small 4" pots and use nothing more than a couple t5 bulbs for about a 1-1.5 weeks. this is the where the roots colonize and form a nice little systme. its a kick off to veg, it also helps create the main stock formation i strive for with closer node spacing.. After this period, i transplant into a bigger container size and bump up my light intensity. <<This is what i consider actual Veg.

not sure if thats the answer u were looking for. but thats what that means to this guy right here:cigar:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Heyyyy... Thanks, that's super useful.
It was truly interwebs-changing for me. :D
This is a great medical strain as it relieves pain and helps eliminate insomnia. For the everyday user, the high of this herb is psychedelic and energetic, with a hammer. This girl is a heavy eater. There are two real phenotypes of the Confidential and they will both finish in 45-56 days. One is a bit more hardy, but both equal in knock down drag out stone. Pre-veg’ing is advised to maximize the yield. Thinning the large fan leaves in the later part of the flower cycle will promote more light getting to the lower buds, thus increasing your yield. With an incredible smell and unique LA flavor, DNA’ s LA Confidential has won many awards. 1st Battle of the Bridge 2009 (independent grower) 1st Indica HT Cannabis Cup 2008* 1st Kush Cup Las Vegas 2007 (independent grower) 1st Indica IC420 Breederscup 2005 2nd Bio Highlife Cup 2009 2nd Indica HT Cannabis Cup 2005 3rd Indica HT Cannabis Cup 2004 3rd Kush Cup Las Vegas 2006 Strain of the Year 2006 Hightimes
WTF? Fuckin' stoners. WTF is pre-vegging a seed start? It's a good strain from what I hear, I don't know if I've ever sampled it.

You poor guy. Look, get the seeds, germinate the seeds, let them grow. Once they hit about 6-8 nodes of growth, the nodes (I expect you to learn these terms on your own, I'm pretty sure logic has put the information up somewhere here) then the growth pattern will change from directly opposed growth to alternating. Soon after the alternating growth starts the seeds will show sex. After that, either clone (I'd clone) and let them grow (veg) a bit more to the size you want (trees vs cabinet growing, for example) or flip and flower them out.

I don't know what else to tell ya.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...i just got back from your link, i wanted to read what you had read and i got to tell you, it sounds like sales bullshit to me, ...and i was a professional salesman for more than 20 years so i like to think i'm pretty good at recognizing bullshit when i read it.

...what they call that blurb is 'ad copy' and the idea is that the nicer they can make thier product sound the more of it they will sell, so 'Pre-vegging to maximize yield' is just sales buzzwords is all, ...like 'Glogal Warming', they sound really good when you read them but if you dig down you quickly find it's all smoke and mirrors, ...in other words, bullshit.

peace, bozo

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

yeah, Sea is right, alternating nodes is a sign of sexual maturity.

here's a couple pics to illustrate, first a couple diagrams and then a couple real life examples.

26 Non Alternating 1

26 Alternating nodes 1

here is a young plant being flowered before it is truly ready, note the symetrical nodes.

Male female cannabis

and here is one that is fully mature and here you can see the alternating nodes.

Kinds

peace, bozo

C

cardinal

It was truly interwebs-changing for me. :D

WTF? Fuckin' stoners. WTF is pre-vegging a seed start? It's a good strain from what I hear, I don't know if I've ever sampled it.

You poor guy. Look, get the seeds, germinate the seeds, let them grow. Once they hit about 6-8 nodes of growth, the nodes (I expect you to learn these terms on your own, I'm pretty sure logic has put the information up somewhere here) then the growth pattern will change from directly opposed growth to alternating. Soon after the alternating growth starts the seeds will show sex. After that, either clone (I'd clone) and let them grow (veg) a bit more to the size you want (trees vs cabinet growing, for example) or flip and flower them out.

I don't know what else to tell ya.

Yeah?
I'd have thought they'd be referring to how to grow cuttings in their ad copy, as that's pretty much standard, but who knows?
I assumed they were talking about some new thing I hadn't encountered in 25 years of growing, so I was interested.
So I asked.
I didn't ask anything about sprouting seeds, and I sure didn't ask for a tutorial on alternate and opposite phyllotaxy, so where this all coming from I don't know.
Pretty sure I didn't do anything to rate crappy condescension though- from a moderator no less.
But when it comes to the internet, I sure am a doofus, so, thanks for that helpful search tip.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Yeah?
I'd have thought they'd be referring to how to grow cuttings in their ad copy, as that's pretty much standard, but who knows?
I assumed they were talking about some new thing I hadn't encountered in 25 years of growing, so I was interested.
So I asked.
I didn't ask anything about sprouting seeds, and I sure didn't ask for a tutorial on alternate and opposite phyllotaxy, so where this all coming from I don't know.
Pretty sure I didn't do anything to rate crappy condescension though- from a moderator no less.
But when it comes to the internet, I sure am a doofus, so, thanks for that helpful search tip.
no need to get snippy bro, there was nothing in your previous posts to indicate that you were anything but a rank noob so don't be offended if you are treated as such.

maybe you should just be grateful so many have tried to help.

...like i said above, 'Pre-vegging to maximize yield' sounds like sales bullshit, an experienced grower would know that without having to ask.

bozo

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:D Can you imagine a Puerto Rican clown? D'oh! :o
Yeah?
So I asked.
Gosh, I could have SWORN you were buying seeds from them, given the link you provided. Your questions hinted at a certain level of ignorance, so I figured I would do *you* and anyone else wondering the favor and flesh out the the thoughts. And this is response I get? You're welcome.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yeah?
So I asked.
You did seem like a new grower.:rolleyes:
Pre veg means, veg them before fliping to 12/12
I'm trying to approach the idea of making small, unveggged cuttings with really great roots for an intensive SOG.
I think that site said that wasnt a good idea with that strain
Pre veg means, veg them for a while before flowering
Usually.thats a good idea ;)

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Cardinal can take a little break for being an ungrateful brat.

See ya in 6 months and hopefully with a better attitude.;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom