I can't use glass jars. Does anyone have another solution?

• Thread starter stayhighsall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stayhighsall

hey people. im harvesting over 7 p i cant use glass jars. what else can i use to cure it properly?

T

treehugger

hey people. im harvesting over 7 p i cant use glass jars. what else can i use to cure it properly?

BPA-free food-safe "tupperware" is purist approved, but for large quantities i see plastic totes substituted on occasion.

K

kolah

I'd still use glass jars. What is the cost relative to your profit? Probably not much at all.
Plastic is porous and will leech out your quality (smell and potency). Plastic sucks. (just my jar-headed opinion of course)

Mason jars on sale are less than a buck a jar. Quart jars can hold 1 1/2-2 ounces (depending on your strain).

half baked

half baked

ikea have massive jars for dirt cheap, i pay £1.80 per jar

K

kolah

yeah they have the half gallon ones too. Years back I got a shitload of used (but clean) ones off Craigs List for cheapo-mondo.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
For large quantities I find the 5 gallon buckets with screw-top lids to be most efficient. After drying is complete, weight can go into a turkey bag, tied into a knot, then dropped in the bucket and screwed tight.

Best substitute for glass that I've found so far.

Blaze

Blaze

Food grade turkey bags will work fine. Just be sure they are tied off extra tight.

opt1c

opt1c

paper bags to cure... turkey bags to store.... hang plants whole upside down for 3-5 days until outer fan leaves start to get crispy; break plants down into branches that fit into paper grocery bags; fill em 2/3rds full and roll the top closed... open and shake every other day... in 2 weeks buds will be perfectly cured and ready to smoke.

i get better smoke this way than using glass jars or drying racks to cure my buds.... a lot less work and a lot harder to fuck the cure up

Latest posts

Top Bottom